Position: INVESTIGATOR (experienced)
Location: Calgary & Southern Alberta
Date of Posting: April 15, 2014
1. Must be licensed as a Private Investigator under the Security Services & Investigators Act or must meet the requirements to become licensed under the Act.
2. Degree or Diploma in Criminal Justice, Investigations or Security Management; or
3. Minimum 2 years Law Enforcement or Investigation experience.
4. Must have a basic understanding of privacy legislation (FOIP) and rules of evidence /court.
5. Must have valid driver’s license, suitable vehicle and carry minimum 2 million liability insurance.
6. Experience in surveillance operations or desk investigations a definite asset.
7. Experience writing investigative reports or possess strong writing skills.
The successful candidate will have the ability to conduct thorough and concise investigations in relation to civil/corporate matters. The investigator will conduct surveillance operations for the purpose of obtaining video evidence, will conduct undercover investigations and conduct interviews. In addition, the investigator will conduct asset locates, personal locates and provide other general investigation services. Travel may be required throughout Southern Alberta from time to time. The investigator will be responsible for generating investigation reports, and maintaining accurate and detailed field notes. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and within a team, and have the ability to make quick decisions in stressful situations.
-Hourly Wage – ($25.00 - $32.50 hr) amount based on experience
-Accommodations & mileage reimbursement provided
-Employer medical and dental benefits plan