Pi Food Store and International Eatery is a new and progressive grocery store/ restaurant in Waterloo. We are looking to add a Sous-Chef to the team to work under our Executive Chef.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Cleans kitchen and work area
- May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs
- Monitor and order supplies
- May assist with hiring and training kitchen staff
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases.
- Follows all health and safety and food safety processes
- Process and manage food tickets
- Notify the Server of completed orders
- Perform closing procedures
- Other duties as required
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
- Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program for cooks
Completion of college or other program in cooking
3+ years of commercial cooking experience required
- Demonstrated service orientation
- Time management/ organization
- Must be able to troubleshoot problems and resolve them quickly and efficiently
- Able to work shifts which include nights and weekends
Please send cover letter and resume to Megan Valla referencing job number 2056 in the subject line.
If any accommodations are required throughout the interview process please contact Megan at (519) 340-0177.