The Construction Equipment Operator will be responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Check heavy equipment using approved circle check procedures before operating them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Operate heavy equipment such as excavators and loaders.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Diagnose / identify defects in heavy duty equipment.
- Accurate completion of work orders.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other minor maintenance work.
- Keep detailed and accurate reports and documentation.
- Maneuver trucks/heavy equipment into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
- Check all documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Operate equipment such as computers and telephones to exchange necessary information supervisors, or other operators.
- Ensure that material is properly protected from the outdoor elements.
- Ensure that any debris caused by the loading/unloading of equipment is cleaned up.
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma
- Heavy Equipment Operator Trade Certification
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of construction and maintenance techniques.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine equipment maintenance.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
- Knowledge of construction equipment safety.
- Must be able to work with little supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Pi Food Store and International Eatery is a new and progressive grocery store/ restaurant in Waterloo.