Prica Group is a forward-thinking property development and construction management firm in the residential and commercial market. Over the last decade, we have accumulated an extensive and impressive portfolio of building projects, have grown into a thriving group of operating companies, and have earned a reputation of excellence with the track record to prove it. At Prica Group, we uphold the highest standards and conduct all business with honesty and transparency.
Offering many levels of service, we work with architects/consultants providing construction management as well as consulting services, delivering cost-analysis and technology expertise to better serve clients. We also work with clients and owners providing turn-key solutions bringing together a multi-disciplined, integrated project delivery (IPD) team of architects, engineers and contractors. As a collective team we help our clients reduce waste and costs through a mutual responsibility to deliver projects on time, on budget, with no surprises, ensuring that project goals are exceeded. Visit our new website: www.pricagroup.com
The Surveyor/Grade Person will be responsible for carrying out surveying duties of the organization through the use of highly specialized GPS grade control systems and other surveying tools. This individual will utilize laser levels to determine accurate measures of angular deviation, horizontal, vertical and slope distances, recording all survey data accurately to be used for site survey purposes. The Surveyor/Grade Person will further be responsible for performing on-site monitoring of construction activities to ensure work performed fully adheres to specified and established grades.
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Results Orientation
- Utilize specialized GPS equipment to determine precise measures of grades and positions on a job site, including the set up of laser levels and slope lasers.
- Determine through the use of laser levels, accurate measures of angular deviation, horizontal, vertical and slope distances.
- Accurately record all measurements, deviations and any other required information obtained during survey activities.
- Account for errors in surveying activities, ensure error measurements are included in readings and reports.
- Process and verify the accuracy of survey data to ensure no variance exists between shot lines and cultural features.
- Provide on-site troubleshooting of survey layout and machine control data to ensure all data and work performed is accurate and up to date.
- Develop ongoing and effective communication with foreman and site workers to ensure adherence to established lay out and grades as well as on-site survey interpretation.
- Perform routine field monitoring in the form of grade checking of construction work activities to ensure accuracy with reference to the site plan.
- Perform manual surveying tasks as necessary.
- Assist in the training and development of junior team-members.
- Accurately indicate elevations, property lines and land contours.
- Utilize GPS and other complex surveyor's tools.
- Ensure all columns are formed on correct grid line
- Perform other duties as required.
- University Degree in Applied Sciences Geology, or applicable field.
- 3+ years of surveying experience.
- Proficient in using Total Station
- Must possess a recognized license in surveying with AOLS.
- Strong working knowledge of complex surveyor's tools and GPS equipment.
- Adaptable to changing priorities and procedures.
- Self motivated, strong analytical skills and detail-oriented.
- Excellent organizational, communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Possess the following personal qualities: integrity, creativity, high standards, commitment, ethical values, and achievement oriented.
- Strong mathematical skills as applicable to the position.
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal skills.
- Proven skills to interact effectively with employees in order to direct work flow, assess performance and assign duties.
- Able to interact effectively with management, the public and staff.
- Understanding of the industry and area of service.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
- Interacts with management, colleagues, visitors, government agencies/personnel.
- Travel may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Flexible schedule required during peak operational seasons.
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
Prica Global Enterprises Inc is the management services corporate entity, who have an extensive portfolio of businesses under their service...