Employment Opportunity: Executive Director - Child and Youth Advocacy Centre – Cornwall and Area
Full Time – Term Contract to March 31, 2015 with possible extension
Salary: $55,000 per year
PrévAction is an incorporated organization of volunteer community leaders formed to facilitate identification, intervention and prevention of child and youth maltreatment. The Child and Youth Advocacy Centre for Cornwall & Area (CYAC) will be child/youth focused in a family friendly site where professionals representing various agencies will coordinate efforts and deliver services to children/youth subjected to maltreatment, as well as to their families. The Centre will actively promote the delivery of child and youth maltreatment prevention programs in the community.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate all on-site activities with community partners.
- Collaborate with the Executive Committee, Board Members and partners to develop, implement, evaluate and improve programs and services.
- Act as spokesperson and key contact for the agency.
- Build public awareness of the role of the Centre in supporting children and families across the region.
- Develop, maintain and execute a fundraising campaign.
- Initiate and maintain positive government relations at all levels.
- Work with the Treasurer and Executive Committee to develop the annual budget.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial management and reporting.
- Develop, maintain and implement child/youth maltreatment prevention programs and services.
- Degree/diploma in Public Administration, Justice or Social Services with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior management position or in Project Coordination/Management.
- Experience with or knowledge about: the criminal justice system, programs and services for child/youth victims of crime and community family support services.
- Successful fundraising and grant writing experience.
- Financial management experience.
- Proficient in computer software.
- Experience in networking, advocacy, and building alliances.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual – English and French
- An acceptable background check, including Criminal Record Check and vulnerable sector screening.
For more detailed information please visit www.prevaction.ca
Please forward your resume by July 5th, 2013 via email to Richard Allaire, Chair
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.