Employment Opportunity: Administrative Assistant – Child and Youth Advocacy Centre – Cornwall and Area
10.5 hours weekly – Term Contract to March 31, 2015 with possible extension
Hourly wage: $20.00
PrévAction is an incorporated organization of volunteer community leaders to facilitate identification, intervention and prevention of child and youth maltreatment.
The Child and Youth Advocacy Centre for Cornwall & Area (CYAC) will be a child and youth focused and family friendly venue where professionals representing various agencies will coordinate efforts and deliver services to children/youth subjected to maltreatment, as well as to their families. The Centre will actively promote the delivery of child and youth maltreatment prevention programs in the community.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- General administrative support such as reception and correspondence.
- Prepare meeting material, minutes and in person support during board and committee meetings.
- Greet clients and visitors to the Centre in a professional and friendly manner.
- Assist with the coordination of services between agencies in order to provide appropriate support and resources to children, youth and their families.
- Conduct bank deposits, monitor the accounts payables and the accounts receivables, tracking and cataloguing the progress of invoices.
- Prepare all financial reports and documentations, including tax forms, financial disclosures and memos/letters.
- Responsible for setting financial priorities and creating budgetary goals.
- Arrange for and prepare the books for the annual audited financial statements.
- 2-3 years experience in a small office environment.
- Post-secondary education in administration or equivalent experience.
- Team player, with the ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Must have proficient computer skills particularly with Simply Accounting and all Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with content management systems for websites.
- Experience with or knowledge about: the criminal justice system, programs and services for child/youth victims of crime and community family support services.
- Bilingual with verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible work schedule - ability to cover the Centre when needed and to cover holidays.
- An acceptable background check, including Criminal Record Check and vulnerable sector screening.
For more detailed information, please visit www.prevaction.ca
Please forward your resume by November 4th 2013 to:
Elyse Lauzon-Alguire, Executive Director
123 Pitt Street Cornwall, ON K6J 3P5
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
PrévAction is an incorporated organization of volunteer community leaders who came together in 2006 as a response to the Cornwall...