A Night Auditor verifies the accuracy of guest accounts by balancing departmental income, compiles computerized update, mathematically verify and record all revenue produced by the hotel or resort’s operation. A Night Auditor will also serve our guests efficiently, courteously and in a friendly and professionally manner in accordance with the standards set by Prestige Hotels & Resorts. A Night Auditor will maintain a positive attitude, high level of integrity, enthusiasm and hospitality at all times.
- Posts room and tax
- Performs food and beverage audit if required
- Reconciles postings, charges and cash for the day
- Balances all summaries to main computer system
- Balances all cashiers postings for the day
- Posts any incidental charges required
- Prepares all required daily and summary reports
- Performs back up of computer system
- Provides courteous and professional guest services when required
- Utilizes instinctive selling techniques and company sales programs to maximize revenue and occupancy levels
- Maintains order and cleanliness at the front desk
- Operates the telephone console
- Processes reservation and cancellation requests when required
- Reports all system problems to management
- Balance all outlets summaries to the main computer
- Recognizes trends in the outlets and room revenue
- Performs other duties as directed by the General Manager
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to relate to the public in a warm, friendly and professional manner
- Ability to pay attention to detail and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions
- Computer literacy
- Mathematical and telephone skills
- Strong communication and decision-making skills
- Education in accounting practices
- Flexibility with scheduling (weekend and/or evening hours)
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
Completion of high school required. Super Host certificate and some basic accounting education would be an asset.
Experience in working with the public in a service industry or related experience is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Must apply in person with completed Employment Application form located on our web site and resume to the General Manager, 1019 Cranbrook Street N.