Pressimus Media Inc. is a web technology startup building a next generation content platform for individuals and media organizations. We are building something truly novel and amazing. We currently have a position open for a senior web developer with solid knowledge and experience who wants to get in on the ground floor of a new and exciting Vancouver-based startup, working with a team of dedicated developers.
Are you at a point in your career where you have proven your chops as a developer, you're comfortable from the bottom to the top of the stack and are ready to lead and mentor a small team of dedicated developers ready to take a product that is already gaining serious traction from closed alpha to public beta? Our product is being used by hard-facts news organizations that are trail-blazing when it comes to breaking international news stories. We are poised to grow very quickly, and we are looking for someone who wants to grow with us.
- PHP / Server-side MVC (application is built using Yii, which is a server side PHP framework. If you know RoR and have experience with server-side MVC then you will be able to grasp Yii).
- Working with Twitter, FB, Instagram, Google APIs (Twitter is a must).
- Working with JSON
- Solid HTML5 and CSS3 skills with understanding and experience building responsive sites.
- Sass / Compass
- MySQL database design (administration and use)
- Knowledge of NoSQL technologies like Mongo is a plus
- Experience and understanding of RESTful Web Services.
- Amazon Web Services knowledge / experience (nice to have)
- Objective-C is desirable (while not required for this position, as we want to hire full-time iOS devs as well, knowledge of Objective-C will certainly be a plus).
- Git and Git-based workflows an absolute must.
- Do you blog? This would be good.
- Do you use Twitter? This would be great!
- Do you follow the news? Are you interested in current affairs? Pressimus is a consumer-facing content production, consumption and distribution platform so we want people that are just as excited about using it as they are making it.
The person that will be hired for this position will literally be getting in on the ground floor of a company that already has an amazing early adopter in the space of digital media technology. We are looking for someone with the following characteristics:
- Passionate. This is important! We want someone who will immerse themselves and get the job done.
- A desire to do something big. This feeds into the 'being passionate' part of the equation. Pressimus is very novel, and due to its being a consumer facing digital content production toolkit, it is going to be be used by journalists, celebrities and influencers, so it will be an impactful product. We want people who understands they are coming in on the ground floor, and who realize the importance of their contribution.
- Humble. It's one thing to be passionate, but being diplomatic and respectful is critical to this role. You have to be willing and able to work independently, as part of a team, and to lead in certain areas of responsibility. You have to be willing to take direction from the CEO / CTO. As you prove yourself through consistent delivery, you will naturally become more integral and gain more autonomy.
- Willingness to work hard and to be available to troubleshoot production issues. A big part of this role is seeing and interacting with what you've built in a running production environment. Everyone who works for Pressimus will need to be available in the event we need to troubleshoot production issues.
This is going to be a very positive and exciting role with the potential to rapidly propel the successful candidate's career.
- Get in on the ground floor of a cool new Vancouver-based technology startup in Yaletown doing some great things.
- Build something that will be used and seen by millions of people.
- Build something that is already disrupting the way stories are sourced, told, shared, and syndicated.
- Lead and mentor a group of great developers even as we build the product.
- Have fun while growing your career.
- You won't just be a cog in the wheel at Pressimus, you will be a key player.
- Did we mention stock options? The right candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a stock options program.
- Medical / Dental
Indeed - 7 months ago
Pressimus is a Vancouver-based technology startup building a next generation digital toolkit for story-tellers and content producers. The...