President's Choice Financial

President's Choice Financial Employee Reviews in Canada

Send emails and attend meetings
Manager, IT Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
Turn on computer. Check emails. Prioritize emails. Send out replies. Schedule and attend meetings. Rinse and repeat.
Great work/life balance culture
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2016
amazing co-workers and ability to learn a lot more than working at a traditional big bank. However, there are frequent org changes and lay offs.
Dynamic place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCFebruary 13, 2016
Though it is challenging convincing people to get credit card, especially in an environment where people do not want to get into debt, but the challenges bring out the dynamism in me
Misleading sales tactics
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BCFebruary 1, 2016
i refuse to be sneaky and lie to people to get them to open an account. They call it targeting customers I call it preying on customers. It's a great job for people who don't care about anyone but themselves and the almighty dollar. Look out elderly people and people with English as a second language because that's who they go after first.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Exciting work environment
Personal Banking Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 12, 2015
This is a ground level sales environment with lots excitements. You get to find various sales strategies to try on different customers everyday. Management is supportive to your needs and colleagues are encourage with each other everyday. Targets are hard to meet various by days and locations, however the pay out is good and it is not unachievable.
Pros
CIBC employee benefits + no overtime
Cons
Serious sales environment
Easy job, target pressure, no growth prospects
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONDecember 8, 2014
Its a good job to start your career in banking sector. Proactive approach to people teaches you to handle rejection and motivate to work harder. But too much sales target pressure leads to unfair and unethical practices.
Pros
great working shifts, less supervision, nice salary base
Cons
unnecessary pressure, poor management, internal politics, no appreciation and no growth prospects
Unrealistic sales targets, impossible to meet.
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONApril 7, 2014
Bonuses given only if you excel in THREE areas (spread yourself thin!). Expected to sell during my training period, without knowing what I was selling or how to enter accounts! Was left alone in a PCF banking pavilion for 16 days last December as a new employee just out of training (some shifts were 10 hours)! I excelled over 1,000% in a number of areas during my six weeks out of training, but was let go as my no-fee-bank--account sales placed me only mid-pack of my peers! VERY low pay for a lot of responsibility and accountability. HALF as much as I used to get selling furniture and appliances!! After being hired I didn't start for two MONTHS, then the hours were extended to 8 pm, I had to train in another city half the time, the sales targets were changed and I started with someone new as a boss. My ID didn't work for the first two weeks and I was criticized for not opening accounts. I have over 30 years in sales and was treated like I had just crawled out from under a rock. This position is for the young at heart who don't know good management if they've never had it
Pros
none really
Cons
low, low pay!!
not happy
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBAugust 21, 2013
do not apply they will eventually treat you like a number until you're out the door
Pros
money
Cons
all
President's Choice provides a very efficient training program
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCJanuary 29, 2013
I have developed knowledge and skill in terms of prospecting, advising, and educating customers regarding investment products such as deposit account services , checking, and savings and so on. And I like enjoyed the working environment, my manager and trainer were very professional and supportive.
Pros
the working environment
Cons
i can not think of any disadvantage
Great work environment, staff room,great benefits.
Personal Banking Representative (Current Employee) –  Fredericton,NBMarch 5, 2012
great place to work right out of university, people are great to work for and with. Lot's of oppurtunities to advance and earn extra money with great incentives.

2.9