Job Title: MCAT Course Promoter
Company: Prep101 (www.prep101.com/mcat)
Hours: 5-8 hours per week tailored to your schedule (part-time position)
Location: University of Calgary campus
Salary: $15/hour + Performance Bonuses
Prep101 - an exam prep company for university students - seeks two MCAT Course promoters to promote our MCAT Prep Course to students throughout the 2014-15 academic year. Full training is provided.
- Promoting Prep101’s MCAT Course and services by:
- Participating in training sessions
- Setting up information booths on campus periodically
- Collaborating with student groups in pre-med stream
- Promoting and helping facilitate on-campus free MCAT/Med School seminars organized by Prep101
- Developing further initiatives to promote the MCAT Course
- Gathering leads at info booths, seminars, student group events
- Acting as liaison between Prep101 Head Office and Campus by:
- Creating new and maintaining current relationships with student group partners
- Keeping Prep101 Head Office informed about students’ requests and concerns
- Keeping Prep101 Head Office informed about Campus activities that are relevant to the promotion of the MCAT Course eg. Events/conferences/symposiums that will be taking place for students in the sciences/health care
- Flexible work hours tailored to your schedule
- Opportunity to make bonuses of over $1000 on top of salary (highest bonus awarded in 2013 was $1500)
- Gain valuable experience to work independently and as part of a team in marketing and promotion
- A chance to work closely with Prep101’s Executive Director(s), who can act as solid reference after strong performance with the company
- Discounts for yourself towards Prep101’s prep courses
- Room for you to share your ideas and be creative in terms of how MCAT Course can be promoted
- Available to work one full academic year (Fall to Spring)
- Must have intimate knowledge of MCAT (have written MCAT or plan to write MCAT)
- Fluent English and excellent communication skills
- Highly extroverted and reliable with advanced social networking skills
- Excellent knowledge of campus locations and student group activities
How to Apply:
Apply with your completed Application Form below, Cover Letter and Resume. Address cover letter to Prep101 Executive Director, Glen Tiwana.
Part 1 – Personal Info
Home Phone #:
Cell Phone #:
1. Have you written the MCAT?
2. If you have not written the MCAT, do you plan to write the MCAT? Answer:
If so, when? Answer:
3. How many courses are you taking in the Fall term (September – December)?
4. How many courses are you taking in the Winter term (January – April)?
5. How many hours per week would you like to work?
6. What is your Program of Study/Major?
7. What is your expected graduation date (Month, Year)?
8. In the previous academic year, were you affiliated with any student groups? Please list the student groups and your position in the group (eg. Member, Executive Member, President, VP, Rep etc.)
Part 2 – Previous Marketing Experience (if any)
Part 3 – Previous Management Experience (if any)
If you have any questions, please phone Glen Tiwana toll free at 1 877 878 0882 (extension 301).