Precision MicroDynamics (PMDi) is a product development company offering some of the most advanced, highest performing motion control and real time system products in the world. We provide control, power conversion and software technologies for many exciting fields including: optics manufacturing, laser material processing, semiconductor manufacturing, lithography, aerospace, automotive, and robotics.
We are seeking an embedded software programmer with more than two years of related experience. There is an opportunity to join our dedicated team of engineers and scientists to produce outstanding, world class motion control and real time systems products. We are expanding our product line with new devices and new software interfaces.
- Work with a cross functional team of software developers, engineers and scientists to design state-of-the-art products.
- Research new technologies and methods and suggest new ways to improve the company’s products and processes.
- Support your developed works with documentation and communications to internal and external customers.
- Participate in peer review of designs; provide and receive critique in an effective manner.
- Post Secondary degree or diploma in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or similar.
Basis of Evaluation
Experience with the following:
- C and C++
- Linux operating system in kernel and user space.
- Embedded programming.
- Writing Linux device drivers.
- Real time system concepts.
- Version control, managed builds, releases, and issues tracking.
- Refactoring and unit testing.
- Collaborative development environment.
- Using mathematics to solve real world physical problems.
- Eclipse IDE is considered a plus.
- QNX operating system a plus.
- Machine kinematics, dynamics and control systems is considered a plus.
- Electronics and VHDL is considered a plus.
- Customer support.
- Managing multiple priorities.
Precision MicroDynamics is located in Victoria, B.C. on beautiful Vancouver Island. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive extended health package. If you are self motivated and enjoy working in a professional environment with a bright and talented team of product developers, you’ve found the right place. We’d love to hear from you.
Precision MicroDynamics, (PMDi) is the industry leader in motion control and data acquisition offering high-performance, high-value...