Precision MicroDynamics (PMDi) is a product development company offering some of the most advanced, highest performing motion control and real time system products in the world. We provide control, power conversion and software technologies for many exciting fields including: optics manufacturing, laser material processing, semiconductor manufacturing, lithography, aerospace, automotive, and robotics.
We are seeking a talented electrical / electronic hardware engineer to join our dedicated team to produce outstanding motion control and real time systems products. We are expanding our product line with new devices and new software interfaces.
We are looking for electronics system developers who are comfortable with digital designs, mixed signal designs and power electronics. We seek hardware and firmware specialists to help develop our real time networks, power conversion devices, motion control, and data acquisition systems.
If you are a motivated engineer with a proficiency in computer, electrical and power engineering, get in touch with us.
- Work with a cross functional team of software developers, engineers and scientists to design state-of-the-art products.
- Research new technologies and methods and suggest new ways to improve the company’s products and processes.
- Support your developed works with documentation and communications to internal and external customers.
- Participate in peer review of designs; provide and receive critique in an effective manner.
- Post Secondary degree or diploma in Electrical or Electrical & Computer Engineering.
Basis of Evaluation
Experience with the following:
- FPGA design using VHDL.
- Meeting FPGA area and time constraints.
- Mixed signal electronic circuit designs.
- Power electronics design.
- Schematic capture.
- Layout tools and design rules.
- Electronic test & measurement equipment.
- Modeling tools such as SPICE.
- Collaborative development tools.
- Digital signal processing algorithms.
- Creating quality world class products.
- Customer support.
- Managing multiple priorities.
Precision MicroDynamics is located in Victoria, B.C. on beautiful Vancouver Island. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive extended health package. If you are self motivated and enjoy working in a professional environment with a bright and talented team of product developers, you’ve found the right place. We’d love to hear from you.