Precision MicroDynamics (PMDi) is a product development company offering some of the most advanced, highest performing motion control and real time system products in the world. We provide control, power conversion and software technologies for many exciting fields including: optics manufacturing, laser material processing, semiconductor manufacturing, lithography, aerospace, automotive, and robotics.
We are seeking a talented digital electronics hardware engineer to join our dedicated team to produce outstanding motion control and real time systems products. We are expanding our product line with new devices and software interfaces.
We are looking for a digital electronics engineer who is comfortable with FPGAs, VHDL programming and high speed digital designs to help develop our Intel based motion controllers, real time networks, amplifier drives, and data acquisition systems.
If you are a motivated engineer with a proficiency in digital design, get in touch with us.
- Work with a cross functional team of software developers, engineers and scientists to design state-of-the-art products.
- Research new technologies and methods and suggest new ways to improve the company’s products and processes.
- Support your developed works with documentation and communications to internal and external customers.
- Participate in peer review of designs; provide and receive critique in an effective manner.
- Post Secondary Degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering or equivalent.
BASIS OF EVALUATION
Experience with the following:
- FPGA design using VHDL
- Architecture definition
- Coding, simulation and compilation
- Timing analysis and synthesis
- Meeting area and time constraints
- Electronic test & measurement equipment
- Digital signal processing algorithms
- Xilinx and Altera development environments
- Communication protocols such as PCIe
- Writing functional specifications and design documents
- Collaborative development environment
- Code reviews
- Customer support
- Managing multiple priorities
Precision MicroDynamics is located in Victoria, B.C. on beautiful Vancouver Island. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive extended health package. If you are self motivated and enjoy working in a professional environment with a bright and talented team of product developers, you’ve found the right place. We’d love to hear from you.