Precision Geomatics Inc. is a leading surveying and mapping service provider to Government, land and Resource Development Industries that has enjoyed steady growth since its inception in 1999. With locations in Edmonton, Calgary and Medicine Hat, Precision provides a broad range of survey services throughout Alberta. We currently have an excellent opportunity for a:
Data Processor - Based out of Calgary
Our Calgary location is currently seeking a Data Processor with a Degree or Diploma in Geomatics Technology and/or combination of training and experience in plan checking, data processing, and quality control. Reporting directly to the Project Manager the Data Processor is responsible for processing all raw data and ensuring its quality as it is received into the office from the field. As a Data Processor your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Work within the Trimble Business Centre to process RTK, static and conventional data
- Complete quality assurance checks on all RTK data being received
- Analyze all raw RTK data as it comes in from the field
- Correct any field errors as identified
- Integrate GPS data with conventional observations
- Survey computations /calculations necessary for legal surveys, construction layouts, etc.
- Work with complex data sets in conjunction with other CAD and GIS technicians
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Degree or Diploma in Geomatics Technology from a recognized institution and/or combination of training and experience in plan checking, data processing, and quality control
- Proficient with MicroSurvey, AutoCAD, Excel as well as other components of MS Office
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with a high degree of integrity, confidentiality and professionalism
- Plan checking experience would be considered an asset
The successful candidate must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills, and the ability to take direction well.
At Precision Geomatics we pride ourselves on providing employees with a comfortable work environment, one that allows our staff to have input, be innovative and be able to continue to grow within their field. Precision offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.
Please visit us at www.precisiongeo.ca to submit your cover letter and resume.
This competition will remain open until filled. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.