Precision Enclosure Technologies – Port Coquitlam, BC
Precision Enclosure Technologies is a member of the Alpha Group.
As a result of increasing growth, Precision Enclosure Technologies has an opportunity for a motivated and driven SENIOR PURCHASER to join our team at our Port Coquitlam location.
Working with the Production Manager, the SENIOR PURCHASER will be responsible for optimizing the investment in materials and supplies used in the manufacturing and business operations. The Senior Purchaser is also responsible for ensuring that shortages, substandard quality, or incorrect materials do not impede the process of manufacturing.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate purchasing with production scheduling, quoting and order processing
- Minimize downtime due to shortages or incorrect material deliveries
- Provide notice to production about shortages
- Plan for alternate source and adjustments due to shortages
- Define and maintain our inventory management system
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with vendors
- Define and maintain vendor scorecards
- Optimize cost of inventories, obtain alternate pricing as required manage credit on returns
- Minimize shipping costs, taking advantage of reduced price opportunities
Credentials & Experience:
- 5 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Dedication to continuous improvement required
- Working towards PMAC or SCMP is an asset
- Experience working with KPI’s in an asset
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and to self-manage with minimal supervision
- Excellent English communication skills required (verbal and written)
- Good computer skills including MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- Creative problem solving/trouble shooting skills in a fast paced environment
- Regular work hours 8:00am - 4:30pm Monday – Friday, but as this is a customer- and deadline-driven environment, flexibility is required to perform work outside normal business hours.
We would like to thank all applicants who apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted for next steps.