Precede Occupational Health Services Inc is a growing Occupational Health and Safety Company; we are looking for an energetic, driven Occupational Health Nurse to join our team in Medicine Hat. This person will be friendly and knowledgeable with the ability to communicate effectively.
The hours for this position are from 8:00 am-12:00 pm Mon, Wed and Fri. to start, with the possibility of an increase.
The salary for this position will be dependent on the applicants experience and knowledge.
Provide quality health services support
- Provide assistance to HR during pre-employment process
- Coordinate other internal and external testing and screening programs
- Perform health checks required in the contracts for employees and contractors that work in confined spaces and other high risk activities
- Working with our contract ergonomist, support recommendations from his assessments and follow up with employees
- Work with site supervisors to build our site’s Physical Demands Assessment database
- Maintain the employees’ confidential health records
- Provide emergency care in the workplace
- Provide injury management services – liaise with company doctor and stakeholders to ensure support of the injury management system
- Facilitate disability case management in conjunction with the stakeholders
- Promote compliance with legislation and regulations relevant to health and safety
- Organize and maintain health services equipment and supplies
- Manage specialized medical vendors and consultants as required
- Deliver in-house training, as needed
- Contribute to team effort by demonstrating in all interactions respect, integrity, ethics, trust and professionalism
- Respiratory assessment and respiratory fit testing (if possible)
- Strong Interpersonal skills are required as the success of the position is dependent upon the person’s ability to communicate, plan, coordinate, and facilitate multiple tasks and activities, and work under pressure of emergency situations.
- Good listening skills are a strong asset as the proper solution medical issues will essentially depend upon gathering information through discussion with different peers and groups.
- Works with Responsible Care department members in a collaborative manner in resolution of RC program issues and concerns.
- Provides incident investigation support to the site as requested.
- Maintaining a high degree of confidentiality, while managing employee personal health issues
- Developing and maintaining strong employee confidence in the medical service
- Developing strategic alliances with contracted medical facilities and other departments
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- A certified medical professional qualification preferably a Registered Nurse with experience in casualty and emergency management or equivalent training and qualification with a minimum of five (5) years of medical industrial environment experience in a process plant or similar environment.
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing and a member of the Alberta Occupational Health Nurses Association (AOHNA)
- Microsoft office platforms
- Report writing
- Presentation and communication
Please forward your resume and coverletter including salary expectations in response to this ad. No Phone calls please. Only the selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you to all applicants.