Looking to become an Instructor in your trade??
- Weekend classes
Currently the Pre-Apprenticeship Training Institute ( http://www.patinstitute.ca ) has three Training Instructor opportunities for candidates with a valid C of Q and who are also in good standing with TSSA and the MTCU. Training Instructor opportunities include:
- Network Cabling
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic (RACM)
- Gas Instructor
The candidate must be dedicated to excellence in teaching and one who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centred learning community. All potential instructors must hold a current Certificate of Qualifications in their trade and be in good standing with the TSSA and MTCU. Candidates should have strong hands-on skills in core subject areas, as well as excellent communication and presentation skills. Candidates must also have current safety certification and an in-depth knowledge of trade standards and regulations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deliver curriculum for the pre-apprenticeship program.
- Prepare students for a career in the construction skilled trades.
- Create an engaging and encouraging environment for student learning.
- Produce student assessments and grading.
- Monitor student attendance and performance.
- Develop individual learning plans and maintaining accurate records of student progress and achievement.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the ability to:
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Well versed in all aspects of the trade.
- Demonstrate superior understanding of safety codes and procedures associated with the trade.
- Strong patience and understanding abilities.
In return for this position, you will earn a competitive salary, long term career potential and a chance to work with trade industry leaders and trainers. If this opportunity interests you, please forward your resume with cover letter.