Praxair

Praxair Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Huge company with good benefits but do not seem to care about employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 8, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: 30 minute lunches and ther run very lean on personnel.
the company has great benefits and good chances for advancement. A typical work day is very busy and hectic and there are a lot of things going on at once.

my coworkers for the most part are great people to work with.
Management is not always accessible as they have a lot of meetings.
This company serves a variety of needs in the office and in homes
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Waco, TXOctober 4, 2013
Pros: having online access to training, time sheet and paystub
Cons: temperture was very cold. there was one bathroom.
Typically I insured the comfort and proper use of BiPAP and CPAP machines along with clerical duties.
I learned a great deal about the function of the equipment.
Management was approachable.
My coworkers and I made a good team.
The hardest part of the job was getting to all of the home visits when they were far from the office.
The most enjoyable part – more... was fitting the BiPAP and CPAP mask. – less
Job where I learned the most
Reimbursement Associate (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: room to advance, benefits
Cons: some rules seemed a bit ridiculous for an office environment
Advancement was slow but there was room to grow. I worked closely with Medicare on the denied claims for DME equipment. It was very fulfilling when I worked to find out the reason for a denial, and then got the correct information to submit the claim and receive payment.
Productive workplace but not keen on safety.
Lead Chemist (Current Employee), Geismar, LAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: free to do whatever you need.
Cons: free to do whatever you need.
Drama filled working with chemists usually started by one in particular. The management is horrible. Productivity is high. Safety is low. Compensation is low.
Great company to work for, management need improvement
Development Associate II (Current Employee), IndianapolisAugust 24, 2013
Pros: freedom of work
Praxair is a great place to work and develop ones skills. Work-life balance is good, unnecessary emphasis on safety. Good bunch of people but local management needs to change.
medical collections
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 23, 2013
Pros: rewarding to meet the company goals and mine.
Cons: collecting from indigent
I would call patients and collect on past due balances. I would also pull EOBS and explain coverage to patient or solve discrepancies. I learned how to be proactive in collecting moneys owed. Management was not really around. You did your job and went home. If issues occurred a supervisor would help you solve. I worked in a very cultural diverse area. – more... We all had our ways of collecting and it was interesting to speak with co-workers and apply some of their ideas with mine to better my skills. The hardest part was calling the people on medicare who had 0.00 money to pay the bills. I loved to help people understand their coverage and bills and problem solve. – less
Hot yet productive workplace
Cylinder Tech II (Former Employee), Kingman, AZAugust 12, 2013
Good people who stress safety first. Was hot during the summer and cold during the winter.
good
cell member (Former Employee), Lincoln, ENGAugust 10, 2013
good got to mask and blast lots of different parts some were more detailed than others and made masking more tedious and interesting.
some very nice people there and was good to be part of a team
Coating Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2013
Salary inconsistent with the average. Lots of work going overseas.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LouisianaJuly 23, 2013
U get to meet alot of new people, everyone is outgoing. The most enjoyable part of the job is seating at your desk and talking to new people and helping customers out
productive and good work place (with the right people)
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Lincoln, ENGJuly 18, 2013
Pros: free tea or coffee
Cons: awqward colegues half the time
my time here was a long 7 years doing all kinds of things until being made redundent in july 2013, dont get me wrong im not upset about this becouse my time there was both sweet and sour...
the good times were the days i could come to work and be on shift with the people who treated me with respect not becouse i demanded or evenasked for it , just becouse – more... thats who they were, i was able to get on with my work and get the production flowing through the door with one or 2 good managers on that shift who would back u up all the way...
when on the other shift, lets just say hypocrital, disresecting, brown noser's bullys ruled the roost. – less
Productive Company
Project Materials Coordinator (Former Employee), 175 E Park Dr. Tonawanda, NY 14150July 18, 2013
Pros: education opportunities, wellness center
Cons: healthcare benefits
Praxair is a great company to work for. I obtained all my Project Coordinating experience through Praxair. Working on Project Teams with other professionals always gave me an opportunity to learn more about managing project teams in construction from proposal phase to construction.
Slow to adapt
Cell Leader and Process Engineer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 15, 2013
Pros: numerous long-term employees
Cons: struggled to adapt to changing industry
Highly dependent on the ever-changing aerospace industry. Many dedicated long-term employees, but culture resists changing demands of the aerospace industry.
High Pace and Demanding
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), NationwideJuly 12, 2013
Pros: high tech field, interesting
Cons: management not always upfront
I enjoyed my time here as a field service engineer, they paid well and I got to travel the country. The work was demanding of your time and energy, but working around high field magnets is never dull. I was always out of town though and missed all of my families anniversaries and birthdays, holidays as well on occasion. They tried to give us time off – more... between jobs to recover and be with family, but it was not always possible. If you knew the right people it has great job security, if not, they let you go when business is slow. They laid off a bunch of us with no warning though, which was pretty shifty, and is the only problem I have with the company. – less
Great company to be part of.
Assistant Warehouse Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Aston, PAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: great co workers
Cons: after normal hours of work
I worked in homecare for 17+ years I knew nothing about homecare at the time so learning was a daily event for me and it continued for all those years. Started as a driver learning the basics,through time worked my way in to the warehouse where a whole new type of learning began inventory,shipping&rec. order pulling,dispatching.working with custom service,and – more... vendors. Then in to management where responsablity was priority not only for me but for the actions of the employees I supervised. The most challenging part of the job was being able to get those specially items in a timely matter. The best part of working in homecare was you never knew what the day was going to bring you from jumping in a truck to make a delivery to being in meetings all day. – less
Use to be a fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 8, 2013
Pros: a great bunch of drivers, the mechanics are great.
Cons: management changes rules to make them selves look good.
Worked at Praxair for 16.5 years had one incident and according to there rules were suppose to be allowed 2 , I had an incident and the people like Transportation manager for Edmonton and western Canada did nothing but cover there own back sides. the Driver supervisor who is suppose to be there for the drivers ran to Winnipeg MB as the National Vice – more... President of Praxair Canada was on the War path because of all the incidents involving other drivers i was used as a wiping post. Every one who was suppose to help me ran for the hills. They change rules to suit them selves like smoking in the trucks, grounds for instant dismissal nope not in Edmonton the manager buries his head in the sand, like driver supervisor also. Also mangement swept things under the carpet to suit them selves. Like i said use to be a great place to work not now as a driver your a number – less
Good learning experience.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Hemlock, MIJuly 7, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: medical benefits are poor, work/ life balance is mostly biased towards work, and little to no advancement opportunities is you have no desire to relocate.
Praxair is a good company to gain experience in the Industrial Gas production industry.
overworked
sand blasting (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 13, 2013
Pros: good pay.
Cons: long hours and mandatory to work weekends
Praxair its a nice warehouse to work in if you are a single person with no kids and no wife. do to the long hours plus its mandatory to work weekends. the do care about the employees safety. and that's really good also have good benefits.
Great job in an industry I was trained for.
CDL Class A Driver, Haz Mat, TWIC, Fastcard (Former Employee), Fife, WAJune 2, 2013
Pros: good pay & benefits
Cons: pay & healthcare
Great place to work then the economy took down turn and was laid off.
Fast paced work environment
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), Morrisville, PAMay 29, 2013
Pros: free lunches, sports tickets, company picnics and golf outings
Cons: insurance, long hours, and short breaks.
A typical day of work would consist of pulling orders and loading and unloading trucks. I learned all about the gases and medical devises that they have. Management was very understanding and strict as well. My co-workers were always there to give a helping hand as well as myself helping them when they needed it. The hardest part of the jkob was making – more... sure everything for the day was done and the paperwork was correct. The most enjoyable part of the job would be that it was always there the next day. – less

About Praxair

Praxair makes lighter than airĀ and heavier than air gases available for practical applications. The largest North American industrial – Read more