Praxair

Praxair Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace
Held Revenue Associate (Former Employee), Opelousas, LADecember 9, 2013
Pros: worked close to home and worked with one of my best friends
Cons: low pay, got laid off due to company being bought out
A typical day at work would consist of calling patients and ins companys, working in excel spread sheet.
Management was always there to help.
Co-workers all got along
Hardest part of the job was calling patients and trying to make them understand what we needed in order to bill the ins company.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with one – more... of my closest friend. – less
Productive and professional work place with option for advancement
cylinder processor/production/customer service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2013
Pros: management was willing to listen, team work, tools for the job were provided, concerns were met and taken care and resolved
A typical workday began with a daily safety meeting consisting from any mistakes made the day before and a plan to fix them. Also a stategized plan for the days job requirements. I learned how to work well with others and bring out the best job orriented attitude in co workers to effectively get the job done in a timely manner. The co-workers also believed – more... in helping one another and emplementing the concept of team work. The managent was professional and believed in treating all employees equally and fair and listened to any employess concern. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with co-workers and supervisors that all had the same agenda in mind. Which was working together to get the job completed and a safe and timely manner. – less
Good company, poor management
Cylinder Processor (Former Employee), Buffalo, New YorkDecember 1, 2013
Pros: fortune 500 company
Cons: new management brought in his own staff and showed favoritism.
Overall good company to work for. Did not agree on some of managements decision making.
Great Company....lousy employees
Insurance Specialist/ Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Murray, UTNovember 22, 2013
Pros: wonderful potlucks and get togethers for employees...great benefits and pay
Cons: harsh environment
My experience was that my Supervisor had just been promoted to her position and was trying to learn her new responsibilites. She had no time to train me and I was therefore pushed off on a "temp" who had been w/the company for a while, but she did not want to dedicate the time it would really take to walk a new person through the intricate details of – more... the job. it would've caused her to get behind in her work, so I was taught a little then left swinging in the wind when the boss would ask me about something she thought I should know and it would be something I hadn't been taught or ever mentioned to me. The knowledge one needed of Medicare criteria alone was staggering. The environment was downright hostile! I was overwhelmed from week one and tried to muddle my way through for 7 months then finally quit! – less
Think Twice about this Company
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee), Keasbey, NJNovember 6, 2013
Pros: a paycheck if you call that
Cons: management
Management is all bobble-heads, and does not support you on matters, and all of them are bean counters that's the bottom line for them and make cuts after cuts till they have you call them for every little thing and then if you need something to complete a job they tell you NO! so tell me how are you to work under these conditions, Plus they think you – more... should not have a life after work, your on call 24/7 and they treat you just like number and not a person. After 37 years, there is life after Praxair. If I had to do it all over again, I think I would have taken a different job – less
Great perks but had QA issues
Territory Manager - Eastern U.S. Sales (Former Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 26, 2013
Pros: mobility
Cons: supply chain issues
Outside Sales. Set up and call on prospects and customers. Gained most new accounts and recieved President's Award for Q2 or Q3 in 2007. I left because the job became more and more difficult due to product QA issues.
Always alot to do and new things to learn and take on. I enjoyed being able to contribute
Sales Administrator/Customer Service (Former Employee), Orangeburg New YorkOctober 25, 2013
Was a good place to work. Learned many things and contributed very much to selling our products.
High pace, very stressfull, low reward workplace
Project Engineer (Former Employee), PTC Tonawanda, NYOctober 18, 2013
Pros: for me few ... travel, decent pay, not always in line with industry
Cons: benefits need to be improved, extremely stressful, little or no reward, weak managers (not all, but the ones i encountered), poor technical training
Great place to work, if you love high stress work place, with little or no praise for achievements.

Company used to have great benefits, slowly eroding away.

Lot of travel, company treats employees as though they are replaceable.

Excellent safety record and training. This is done well. If your looking for technical training, not the place. Most training, – more... in my experience, was done as a cover their butt; quickly, then sign off on it.

They tend to take their best engineers and make them managers, great engineers do not always make great managers. I worked for some of the weakest managers in my career here.

I would not work here again. – less
Huge company with good benefits but do not seem to care about employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 8, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: 30 minute lunches and ther run very lean on personnel.
the company has great benefits and good chances for advancement. A typical work day is very busy and hectic and there are a lot of things going on at once.

my coworkers for the most part are great people to work with.
Management is not always accessible as they have a lot of meetings.
This company serves a variety of needs in the office and in homes
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Waco, TXOctober 4, 2013
Pros: having online access to training, time sheet and paystub
Cons: temperture was very cold. there was one bathroom.
Typically I insured the comfort and proper use of BiPAP and CPAP machines along with clerical duties.
I learned a great deal about the function of the equipment.
Management was approachable.
My coworkers and I made a good team.
The hardest part of the job was getting to all of the home visits when they were far from the office.
The most enjoyable part – more... was fitting the BiPAP and CPAP mask. – less
Job where I learned the most
Reimbursement Associate (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: room to advance, benefits
Cons: some rules seemed a bit ridiculous for an office environment
Advancement was slow but there was room to grow. I worked closely with Medicare on the denied claims for DME equipment. It was very fulfilling when I worked to find out the reason for a denial, and then got the correct information to submit the claim and receive payment.
Productive workplace but not keen on safety.
Lead Chemist (Current Employee), Geismar, LAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: free to do whatever you need.
Cons: free to do whatever you need.
Drama filled working with chemists usually started by one in particular. The management is horrible. Productivity is high. Safety is low. Compensation is low.
Great company to work for, management need improvement
Development Associate II (Current Employee), IndianapolisAugust 24, 2013
Pros: freedom of work
Praxair is a great place to work and develop ones skills. Work-life balance is good, unnecessary emphasis on safety. Good bunch of people but local management needs to change.
medical collections
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 23, 2013
Pros: rewarding to meet the company goals and mine.
Cons: collecting from indigent
I would call patients and collect on past due balances. I would also pull EOBS and explain coverage to patient or solve discrepancies. I learned how to be proactive in collecting moneys owed. Management was not really around. You did your job and went home. If issues occurred a supervisor would help you solve. I worked in a very cultural diverse area. – more... We all had our ways of collecting and it was interesting to speak with co-workers and apply some of their ideas with mine to better my skills. The hardest part was calling the people on medicare who had 0.00 money to pay the bills. I loved to help people understand their coverage and bills and problem solve. – less
Hot yet productive workplace
Cylinder Tech II (Former Employee), Kingman, AZAugust 12, 2013
Good people who stress safety first. Was hot during the summer and cold during the winter.
good
cell member (Former Employee), Lincoln, ENGAugust 10, 2013
good got to mask and blast lots of different parts some were more detailed than others and made masking more tedious and interesting.
some very nice people there and was good to be part of a team
Coating Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2013
Salary inconsistent with the average. Lots of work going overseas.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LouisianaJuly 23, 2013
U get to meet alot of new people, everyone is outgoing. The most enjoyable part of the job is seating at your desk and talking to new people and helping customers out
productive and good work place (with the right people)
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Lincoln, ENGJuly 18, 2013
Pros: free tea or coffee
Cons: awqward colegues half the time
my time here was a long 7 years doing all kinds of things until being made redundent in july 2013, dont get me wrong im not upset about this becouse my time there was both sweet and sour...
the good times were the days i could come to work and be on shift with the people who treated me with respect not becouse i demanded or evenasked for it , just becouse – more... thats who they were, i was able to get on with my work and get the production flowing through the door with one or 2 good managers on that shift who would back u up all the way...
when on the other shift, lets just say hypocrital, disresecting, brown noser's bullys ruled the roost. – less
Productive Company
Project Materials Coordinator (Former Employee), 175 E Park Dr. Tonawanda, NY 14150July 18, 2013
Pros: education opportunities, wellness center
Cons: healthcare benefits
Praxair is a great company to work for. I obtained all my Project Coordinating experience through Praxair. Working on Project Teams with other professionals always gave me an opportunity to learn more about managing project teams in construction from proposal phase to construction.

About Praxair

Praxair makes lighter than airĀ and heavier than air gases available for practical applications. The largest North American industrial – Read more