Praxair

Praxair Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work
Air Separation Plant Production Technician (Current Employee), Wilmington, CAMay 7, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunity
Cons: low pay
The hardest part of the job for me was my 83 mile commute but Praxair is an excellent place to start a career or to finish one.
Fun place to work
Oracle Applications Developer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 30, 2014
I learned a lot about Oracle Applications. Had a great experience learning the modules. Great people to work with.
Discipline, Secure, Conservative
Development Specialist (Current Employee), Tonawanda, NYApril 29, 2014
Praxair is a good company with Discipline, Secure, Conservative business model. Good for employees who desire no big change but secure job.
fun place to work
Plant Technician III- Field (Current Employee), Farmington, MNApril 24, 2014
Learned a lot. Praxair wants their employees to succeed. Management is fair. One bad thing is that there does not seem to be a lot of personal responsibility within the company.
Chemical Process Operator (Former Employee), Geismar, LAApril 23, 2014
Pros: teanwork
Company of learners and doers. Teamwork and working together to push each other to deliver. Challenging one another to raise the standards of our work.
N/A
Quality Technician (Current Employee), Weston-super-Mare, ENGApril 15, 2014
Position involves a variety of responsibilities both within a laboratory setting and a health and Safety role. Within the laboratory environment the position involves various tasks including the chemical and metallurgical analysis of test pieces using colorimetric, gravimetric and microscopy techniques. In addition I regularly analyse samples from the – more... effluent treatment facility using an atomic absorption machine, chemical analysis of the on-site plating tanks using gravimetric and titration techniques and carrying out particle size analysis on purchased powder samples using a mastersizer machine. I am also heavily involved in the purchasing of new laboratory equipment such as ovens, hotplates and fume cupboards as well as laboratory consumables. I am responsible for organising the laboratory ensuring we are adhering to NADCAP audit requirements through chemical labelling, ensuring chemical concentrations are within set control limits, pH meter, pipette and balance calibrations. I also have experience in rewriting plant and corporate quality documents and carrying out internal environmental audits in regards to waste treatment, storage and disposal to ensure compliance with ISO 14001. – less
Great place
CYLINDER FILLER/ LOADER (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2014
Pros: 40 min lunch 2 15minute breaks or longer
Cons: worked in all weather conditions lost all ot
I wish I would have never left. Great pay!!! Good benefits Awesome people Just the scheduling wasn't reasonable an we lost all over time here We used to get 55 to 60plus hours a week and Saturdays upon request because there is always something to do an The crew an I Always wanted the work an OT
a good place to work, not a great place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), pennsylvaniaApril 3, 2014
It is A good place to work, the reason it is not great is long hours.
Material Handler
Material Handler (Current Employee), Speedway, INMarch 26, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Cons: only 2 days off a month, no advancement, poor management
Surface finish GE Blades. The job is very easy, I enjoy the people I work with. Management is poor, a lot of favoritism, only two days off a month no "family time".
Productive and Quiet Environment
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Ankeny, IAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: job security
Performed clerical duties and called accountants to confirm if payment was sent or an estimated timeframe when to expect payment. If companies don't have enough credit to purchase items ran credit report to see if credit limit can be raised.
Out of business
Home Healthcare Service Technician (Former Employee), Ogden, UTMarch 8, 2014
Due to mismanaging everything, this company went belly up and was bought out by another horrible home healthcare company.
Good Company
Counter Sales/Backup Driver (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great working hours.
Praxair Inc. is a good and fair company to work for. I learned a lot about welding, the products, customer service, computer training,and knowledge about gases. Very safety oriented company.
I appreciated the job, and learned much about an industry to which I had not had much exposure.
Production Technician 1 (Former Employee), Woodinville, WAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: learned about processes of which i had no previous knowledge. appreciated fellow employees, which was a widely diverse culture.
Cons: training was almost non-existent. i had to teach myself, and ask questions until i got an answer. learned a lot by observing.
I always enjoy learning new processes and procedures. While there was some cross-learning with the compressed gas industry...specifically the fire shop chemicals...this was a higher learning about chemicals. Much of it was fascinating to me. I really enjoyed the cross-section of employees, as each of us brought our own experiences to the workplace.

It – more... is important to note that Praxair Specialty Ceramics, or Praxair Surface Technologies (the title changed three times while I was there) was a small, privately owned company when it was purchased by Praxair, some 15 years ago. The founder was kept on as the Production manager, as was the five-man staff of chemists and engineers. As orders came in, the workforce grew to top out in the mid 30s.

I believe in the chain of command, and reported any problems, or issues, to the lead man. He in turn would address them as he saw fit. Others didn't feel that way, and went into the head manager's office and complained about other employees. Such complaining was never addressed by the manager, until he got frustrated, and some people's motivation suffered. The leadership is incredibly smart and knowledgeable in the fields of chemistry and engineering, and the bulk of my interaction with them was to ask questions about the process, the characteristics of chemical reaction, and so on. They didn't do so well in managing people, and there were a lot of hard feelings. It didn't help that the lead man did not want to be the lead man, and was reluctant to 'get involved'.

Much of the work was monotonous, so a good thought life while paying attention was a plus. Often in such work environments, if there is a challenge, it can be the monotony. I was able to teach others that the monotony can be a danger, as surely as getting burned by the ovens or crushed by machinery.

A persistent error in the production process performed by long-term employees resulted in the suspension of the major account that was responsible for the addition of new employees. This resulted in layoffs, of which I was one. That process has now been moved to another state, so the reduction of the workforce is finalized.

I appreciate the opportunity I was given, and met some wonderful people, including the plant manager. I learned much about an industry of which I had very little knowledge. For that I am grateful. – less
A very solid company with strong ethics and an appropriate focus on the bottom line.
CORPORATE DIRECTOR, ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES (Former Employee), Danbury, CTFebruary 27, 2014
A company with people that were competent and enjoyable to work with.
Good company to work for.
CP Tester (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2014
Coordinate between contractors and Praxair on job sites. Maintain pipelines.
Answer call outs for locates and emergency problems.
Nice workplace with outdoor Tennis court, basket ball court and jogging track
Lead Developer - Sharepoint 2010 (Current Employee), Tonawanda, NYFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day at work is packed with meetings, demos, requirement analysis and coding.

Over past 2 years I had an opportunity to work on various technologies like Nintex workflows, Quest Migrator tool, Migration from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010, building custom application pages, custom workflows, timer jobs, custom web parts etc

Management – more... and co-workers at Praxair are very friendly and they take work very seriously. Everyone is aware about their responsibilities and they are highly accountable and professional. – less
very nice workplace
Sen. Tech/Sales (Former Employee), Jackson, MSFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch and paid vacation
early to work the management team train very good and they are very fair to all workers. coo workers are very professional and great team players. all in all its a very easy job. best part is driving to other cities.
I place where I would have liked to retire from
Senior Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Southampton, PAFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: raises every year
Cons: dress down fridays.
I loved this job the most! I did almost everything for my clients.
I made sure their wheelchair's were repaired and delivered.
Fun place
Designer/CAD Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Drafted specs on customers preferences,
Put those specs into 3D.
came up with new designs for better production.
helped put those designs into more environmentally efficient products.
Good, solid, reliable workplace
Accounting and Customer Service (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: opportunities, wages and benefits
Cons: policy changes with employment
Praxair is a company that I would recommend to anyone looking for a good solid company to work for. Safety is there number one priority. They are very organized, have excellant management and pay competitive wages.

Your days are full and you must be able to multitask.

Most everyone is friendly and helpful making your day very enjoyable.

About Praxair

Praxair makes lighter than airĀ and heavier than air gases available for practical applications. The largest North American industrial – Read more