Praxair

Praxair Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Company
Counter Sales/Backup Driver (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great working hours.
Praxair Inc. is a good and fair company to work for. I learned a lot about welding, the products, customer service, computer training,and knowledge about gases. Very safety oriented company.
I appreciated the job, and learned much about an industry to which I had not had much exposure.
Production Technician 1 (Former Employee), Woodinville, WAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: learned about processes of which i had no previous knowledge. appreciated fellow employees, which was a widely diverse culture.
Cons: training was almost non-existent. i had to teach myself, and ask questions until i got an answer. learned a lot by observing.
I always enjoy learning new processes and procedures. While there was some cross-learning with the compressed gas industry...specifically the fire shop chemicals...this was a higher learning about chemicals. Much of it was fascinating to me. I really enjoyed the cross-section of employees, as each of us brought our own experiences to the workplace.

It – more... is important to note that Praxair Specialty Ceramics, or Praxair Surface Technologies (the title changed three times while I was there) was a small, privately owned company when it was purchased by Praxair, some 15 years ago. The founder was kept on as the Production manager, as was the five-man staff of chemists and engineers. As orders came in, the workforce grew to top out in the mid 30s.

I believe in the chain of command, and reported any problems, or issues, to the lead man. He in turn would address them as he saw fit. Others didn't feel that way, and went into the head manager's office and complained about other employees. Such complaining was never addressed by the manager, until he got frustrated, and some people's motivation suffered. The leadership is incredibly smart and knowledgeable in the fields of chemistry and engineering, and the bulk of my interaction with them was to ask questions about the process, the characteristics of chemical reaction, and so on. They didn't do so well in managing people, and there were a lot of hard feelings. It didn't help that the lead man did not want to be the lead man, and was reluctant to 'get involved'.

Much of the work was monotonous, so a good thought life while paying attention was a plus. Often in such work environments, if there is a challenge, it can be the monotony. I was able to teach others that the monotony can be a danger, as surely as getting burned by the ovens or crushed by machinery.

A persistent error in the production process performed by long-term employees resulted in the suspension of the major account that was responsible for the addition of new employees. This resulted in layoffs, of which I was one. That process has now been moved to another state, so the reduction of the workforce is finalized.

I appreciate the opportunity I was given, and met some wonderful people, including the plant manager. I learned much about an industry of which I had very little knowledge. For that I am grateful. – less
A very solid company with strong ethics and an appropriate focus on the bottom line.
CORPORATE DIRECTOR, ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES (Former Employee), Danbury, CTFebruary 27, 2014
A company with people that were competent and enjoyable to work with.
Good company to work for.
CP Tester (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2014
Coordinate between contractors and Praxair on job sites. Maintain pipelines.
Answer call outs for locates and emergency problems.
Nice workplace with outdoor Tennis court, basket ball court and jogging track
Lead Developer - Sharepoint 2010 (Current Employee), Tonawanda, NYFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day at work is packed with meetings, demos, requirement analysis and coding.

Over past 2 years I had an opportunity to work on various technologies like Nintex workflows, Quest Migrator tool, Migration from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010, building custom application pages, custom workflows, timer jobs, custom web parts etc

Management – more... and co-workers at Praxair are very friendly and they take work very seriously. Everyone is aware about their responsibilities and they are highly accountable and professional. – less
very nice workplace
Sen. Tech/Sales (Former Employee), Jackson, MSFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch and paid vacation
early to work the management team train very good and they are very fair to all workers. coo workers are very professional and great team players. all in all its a very easy job. best part is driving to other cities.
I place where I would have liked to retire from
Senior Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Southampton, PAFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: raises every year
Cons: dress down fridays.
I loved this job the most! I did almost everything for my clients.
I made sure their wheelchair's were repaired and delivered.
Fun place
Designer/CAD Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Drafted specs on customers preferences,
Put those specs into 3D.
came up with new designs for better production.
helped put those designs into more environmentally efficient products.
Good, solid, reliable workplace
Accounting and Customer Service (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: opportunities, wages and benefits
Cons: policy changes with employment
Praxair is a company that I would recommend to anyone looking for a good solid company to work for. Safety is there number one priority. They are very organized, have excellant management and pay competitive wages.

Your days are full and you must be able to multitask.

Most everyone is friendly and helpful making your day very enjoyable.
i enjoyed working for Prax
Delivery driver (Former Employee), west palm bch, floridaFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: little to no over-time
a typical day at prax never really changed much, i was position on a certain route. the management was abosutely helpful. i loved my co-workers. the most difficult part of the day was moving heavy cylinders long distances.
praxair services
General Technician II (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAFebruary 3, 2014
good company to work for as long term if u only have a high school education
petty and vindictive.
Customer Service Tech (Former Employee), Western RegionJanuary 17, 2014
Work is fine as long as you suck up and don't contradict management.
Excellent company!
Senior Administrative Specialist - R&D (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYJanuary 8, 2014
My job was busy and I met new people all the time. Employees were well educated, friendly and worked well together.
Excellent salary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 29, 2013
Pros: fast paced work environment
Cons: poor management
Performed account payable/received duties; answered phones from customers and staff. I learned how to calculate time sheets. Wonderful co-workers, but the hardest part was dealing with management. I enjoyed to fast paced environment.
Poor Fit
Software Engineering Tech 1 (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 21, 2013
Pros: not being unemployed...
Cons: poor communication...
Eight to Five, limited access due to a hosted configuration. Management sold me on some points which did not transpire.
In a department of more than 45, there was no interaction at all, not even staff meetings. The most challenging group of people I have ever worked with in my career. The most enjoyable part of the day was lunch and leaving.
Great Co Workers
CDL/D.M.E. Driver- Went (Former Employee), Henderson, NVDecember 17, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Going out to Different Customers everyday
Always Helping out all Customers
Very happy place to work with good mentoring programs
Process Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), Tonawonda, NYDecember 11, 2013
Pros: work environment
Cons: in some positions there was a lot of travel
Work on project either for troubleshooting or new plant product.

How to determine efficiency of equipment and how they impacted the process and yield.

My co-workers were amazing, I loved them and if the location was different I would have stayed.

The location was very far my family which is why I chose to leave.

The work environment was wonderful.
Productive workplace
Held Revenue Associate (Former Employee), Opelousas, LADecember 9, 2013
Pros: worked close to home and worked with one of my best friends
Cons: low pay, got laid off due to company being bought out
A typical day at work would consist of calling patients and ins companys, working in excel spread sheet.
Management was always there to help.
Co-workers all got along
Hardest part of the job was calling patients and trying to make them understand what we needed in order to bill the ins company.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with one – more... of my closest friend. – less
Productive and professional work place with option for advancement
cylinder processor/production/customer service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2013
Pros: management was willing to listen, team work, tools for the job were provided, concerns were met and taken care and resolved
A typical workday began with a daily safety meeting consisting from any mistakes made the day before and a plan to fix them. Also a stategized plan for the days job requirements. I learned how to work well with others and bring out the best job orriented attitude in co workers to effectively get the job done in a timely manner. The co-workers also believed – more... in helping one another and emplementing the concept of team work. The managent was professional and believed in treating all employees equally and fair and listened to any employess concern. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with co-workers and supervisors that all had the same agenda in mind. Which was working together to get the job completed and a safe and timely manner. – less
Good company, poor management
Cylinder Processor (Former Employee), Buffalo, New YorkDecember 1, 2013
Pros: fortune 500 company
Cons: new management brought in his own staff and showed favoritism.
Overall good company to work for. Did not agree on some of managements decision making.

About Praxair

Praxair makes lighter than airĀ and heavier than air gases available for practical applications. The largest North American industrial – Read more