Praxair

Praxair Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I place where I would have liked to retire from
Senior Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Southampton, PAFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: raises every year
Cons: dress down fridays.
I loved this job the most! I did almost everything for my clients.
I made sure their wheelchair's were repaired and delivered.
Fun place
Designer/CAD Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Drafted specs on customers preferences,
Put those specs into 3D.
came up with new designs for better production.
helped put those designs into more environmentally efficient products.
Good, solid, reliable workplace
Accounting and Customer Service (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: opportunities, wages and benefits
Cons: policy changes with employment
Praxair is a company that I would recommend to anyone looking for a good solid company to work for. Safety is there number one priority. They are very organized, have excellant management and pay competitive wages.

Your days are full and you must be able to multitask.

Most everyone is friendly and helpful making your day very enjoyable.
i enjoyed working for Prax
Delivery driver (Former Employee), west palm bch, floridaFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: little to no over-time
a typical day at prax never really changed much, i was position on a certain route. the management was abosutely helpful. i loved my co-workers. the most difficult part of the day was moving heavy cylinders long distances.
praxair services
General Technician II (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAFebruary 3, 2014
good company to work for as long term if u only have a high school education
petty and vindictive.
Customer Service Tech (Former Employee), Western RegionJanuary 17, 2014
Work is fine as long as you suck up and don't contradict management.
Excellent company!
Senior Administrative Specialist - R&D (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYJanuary 8, 2014
My job was busy and I met new people all the time. Employees were well educated, friendly and worked well together.
Excellent salary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 29, 2013
Pros: fast paced work environment
Cons: poor management
Performed account payable/received duties; answered phones from customers and staff. I learned how to calculate time sheets. Wonderful co-workers, but the hardest part was dealing with management. I enjoyed to fast paced environment.
Poor Fit
Software Engineering Tech 1 (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 21, 2013
Pros: not being unemployed...
Cons: poor communication...
Eight to Five, limited access due to a hosted configuration. Management sold me on some points which did not transpire.
In a department of more than 45, there was no interaction at all, not even staff meetings. The most challenging group of people I have ever worked with in my career. The most enjoyable part of the day was lunch and leaving.
Great Co Workers
CDL/D.M.E. Driver- Went (Former Employee), Henderson, NVDecember 17, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Going out to Different Customers everyday
Always Helping out all Customers
Very happy place to work with good mentoring programs
Process Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), Tonawonda, NYDecember 11, 2013
Pros: work environment
Cons: in some positions there was a lot of travel
Work on project either for troubleshooting or new plant product.

How to determine efficiency of equipment and how they impacted the process and yield.

My co-workers were amazing, I loved them and if the location was different I would have stayed.

The location was very far my family which is why I chose to leave.

The work environment was wonderful.
Productive workplace
Held Revenue Associate (Former Employee), Opelousas, LADecember 9, 2013
Pros: worked close to home and worked with one of my best friends
Cons: low pay, got laid off due to company being bought out
A typical day at work would consist of calling patients and ins companys, working in excel spread sheet.
Management was always there to help.
Co-workers all got along
Hardest part of the job was calling patients and trying to make them understand what we needed in order to bill the ins company.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with one – more... of my closest friend. – less
Productive and professional work place with option for advancement
cylinder processor/production/customer service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2013
Pros: management was willing to listen, team work, tools for the job were provided, concerns were met and taken care and resolved
A typical workday began with a daily safety meeting consisting from any mistakes made the day before and a plan to fix them. Also a stategized plan for the days job requirements. I learned how to work well with others and bring out the best job orriented attitude in co workers to effectively get the job done in a timely manner. The co-workers also believed – more... in helping one another and emplementing the concept of team work. The managent was professional and believed in treating all employees equally and fair and listened to any employess concern. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with co-workers and supervisors that all had the same agenda in mind. Which was working together to get the job completed and a safe and timely manner. – less
Good company, poor management
Cylinder Processor (Former Employee), Buffalo, New YorkDecember 1, 2013
Pros: fortune 500 company
Cons: new management brought in his own staff and showed favoritism.
Overall good company to work for. Did not agree on some of managements decision making.
Great Company....lousy employees
Insurance Specialist/ Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Murray, UTNovember 22, 2013
Pros: wonderful potlucks and get togethers for employees...great benefits and pay
Cons: harsh environment
My experience was that my Supervisor had just been promoted to her position and was trying to learn her new responsibilites. She had no time to train me and I was therefore pushed off on a "temp" who had been w/the company for a while, but she did not want to dedicate the time it would really take to walk a new person through the intricate details of – more... the job. it would've caused her to get behind in her work, so I was taught a little then left swinging in the wind when the boss would ask me about something she thought I should know and it would be something I hadn't been taught or ever mentioned to me. The knowledge one needed of Medicare criteria alone was staggering. The environment was downright hostile! I was overwhelmed from week one and tried to muddle my way through for 7 months then finally quit! – less
Think Twice about this Company
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee), Keasbey, NJNovember 6, 2013
Pros: a paycheck if you call that
Cons: management
Management is all bobble-heads, and does not support you on matters, and all of them are bean counters that's the bottom line for them and make cuts after cuts till they have you call them for every little thing and then if you need something to complete a job they tell you NO! so tell me how are you to work under these conditions, Plus they think you – more... should not have a life after work, your on call 24/7 and they treat you just like number and not a person. After 37 years, there is life after Praxair. If I had to do it all over again, I think I would have taken a different job – less
Great perks but had QA issues
Territory Manager - Eastern U.S. Sales (Former Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 26, 2013
Pros: mobility
Cons: supply chain issues
Outside Sales. Set up and call on prospects and customers. Gained most new accounts and recieved President's Award for Q2 or Q3 in 2007. I left because the job became more and more difficult due to product QA issues.
Always alot to do and new things to learn and take on. I enjoyed being able to contribute
Sales Administrator/Customer Service (Former Employee), Orangeburg New YorkOctober 25, 2013
Was a good place to work. Learned many things and contributed very much to selling our products.
High pace, very stressfull, low reward workplace
Project Engineer (Former Employee), PTC Tonawanda, NYOctober 18, 2013
Pros: for me few ... travel, decent pay, not always in line with industry
Cons: benefits need to be improved, extremely stressful, little or no reward, weak managers (not all, but the ones i encountered), poor technical training
Great place to work, if you love high stress work place, with little or no praise for achievements.

Company used to have great benefits, slowly eroding away.

Lot of travel, company treats employees as though they are replaceable.

Excellent safety record and training. This is done well. If your looking for technical training, not the place. Most training, – more... in my experience, was done as a cover their butt; quickly, then sign off on it.

They tend to take their best engineers and make them managers, great engineers do not always make great managers. I worked for some of the weakest managers in my career here.

I would not work here again. – less
Good experienced people organization but outdated tools
R&D Engineer (Former Employee), Orangeburg, NYOctober 8, 2013
Long and good accumulated technical and business experience but lack of growing for human resources.

About Praxair

Praxair makes lighter than air and heavier than air gases available for practical applications. The largest North American industrial – Read more