Praxair Employee Reviews

Bad place to work
No work for them ever again (Former Employee) –  Grande prairie ab21 February 2017
Terrible management in grande prairie and the one that comes from Edmonton. Spineless support exspecially if you are hired on through manpower as they do not have to follow Canadian labour laws. Do not pay bills owed to private contracts when work was done with in house approval but not edmontons.
Pros
Not bad if they need you.
Cons
Spineless backing for employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 February 2017
Worked there 45 years great place to work
You learn something new every day
Best part of the job is the satisfaction you get solving
A customers welding problem
All employees have a vast knowledge of welding
great place to work, good people
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2016
was a great company to work for, the training was very professional,co-workers were very supportive,the hardest part of the job was hauling around the 600 lb containers,meeting all the customers was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
the perks of the job
Cons
cant think of any
Daily challenged and with a lot of future, but a really bad present management for those under the Plant Manager.
Process Engineer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC1 September 2016
This is not to be confused with Praxair (Gas division), a highly standardized corporation. This is its Industrial and Aeronautical coating division Praxair Surface technologies. It has the same core values and mission, bu not the same management, guideline, and leadership root.

The new Plant manager is driving the company to a brighter future, this company is growing again.
Pros
Great place to grow profesionally
Cons
Low management orientation - Leadership is low
Fun place to work
Inside Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2016
Fun place to work. Just started few months back and have no reviews yet until after about 6 months to a year. So far it's a good company to work for and good people.
If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything
Inside Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 February 2016
I would say Thanks to Big Mike W. He took a chance and trained me and gave me a chance to prove myself.
I just wish he was still in charge and ran the place with respect.
Stay away / poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC21 February 2016
What really marked my experience in this company is the way they treat there loyal and hard working employes.
There was not enough training. Employes has to find information by themselves in the old print of a print faded binder of former employes, or find your own information on the internet (if you got a chance).
There is no possibility of advancing. The bosses come in and dont even say "hi" to employes.
Depressed, tired and unhappy employes still tries to offer the best service they can.
Pros
Amazingly strong team, supports each other
Cons
Very very bad management/ unrecognized hard work
Terrible management
hsr (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON5 January 2016
Hardest part of this job was the lack of support from supervisors. The deception that they give you on a daily basis.
typical day at work was to deliver product to customers and make sure that items were in working condition.
I learned from this company that everything needs to be documented.
Cons
Long Hours
Good work environment with eager co-workers.
Driver/logistic assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 October 2015
Good work environment, therefore it made coming to work enjoyable. Challenging at times, which helped a lot with furthering problem solving skills. Co-workers and the management were understanding and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to help others and see the big smiles on their family members faces when they received beds, wheelchairs, commodes et cetera. However, lack of man power has been an issue.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
No set start and end time
US company
Jr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 October 2015
Great place to work, relationship with US is key and makes work a little difficult when completing tasks due to different perspectives. great employees, fun, well managed. busy during month end for finance employees.
great exposure ,nice people to work with
process engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga4 August 2015
great exposure ,nice people to work with
The pay is not that great , no career opportunities, need to improve their training system
If you are willing to do the work ,there is a lot to learn
Productive work environment
Accounting Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 April 2015
Great company to work for and a very nice work environment. A fast paced work environment. Work life balanced. Long hours expected on a regular basis.
Great work environment.
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  GTA15 March 2015
I really enjoyed the people that I worked with. I enjoyed visiting the different locations. It was a great experience and I learned a lot.
Good place
Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC1 July 2014
Very interesting industry. I was very happy with most managment
and learned a new industry, Seeking more of a senior level in the
Credit department. There is not much room for advancement.
Pros
Free Lunches
large company
Technical Sales (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 May 2014
poor management, employees not treated well, a union would give workers more security and leverage
Dangerous
Chemical Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC12 May 2014
During my time at Prax we had several major safety violations that were skirted by the local Management team.
This is not a good company
Health Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Regina, Sk16 December 2013
This company cuts people for no reason with no warning. We were told there would be no more cuts this year, and two months later, they cut my job. They acquired me from another company and didn't like my pay scale, here today gone tomorrow. They don't care if you do a great job and take good care of people. Management is all about money!. They preach Integrity but they don't show any.
Pros
I had a great relationship with my clients
Cons
hostile environment, non existant managers
good pay for hard work
Professional driver (Former Employee) –  Montreal, quebec5 November 2013
Praxair management are great and treat you with respect. They stress safety. hardest part of job is being gone during the week but the most enjoyable part is knowing they stand behind you.
Pros
great pay
Cons
long days
Watch your back
Sales (Former Employee) –  Peterborough18 September 2013
Seems good for the first year, then you notice and feel everyone starting to back stab u and hang you out to dry, no training but lots of innapropriate mess when you mess up: staff in ptbo are all winers and not in it for the love of the clients.

Customer service skills need some serious help
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
All abouve
A great experience
Shipping/Recieving/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 August 2013
I met a lot of hardworking individuals and I am glad for the experience.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Midnight shifts