Praxair Employee Reviews in Canada

Stay away / poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCFebruary 21, 2016
What really marked my experience in this company is the way they treat there loyal and hard working employes.
There was not enough training. Employes has to find information by themselves in the old print of a print faded binder of former employes, or find your own information on the internet (if you got a chance).
There is no possibility of advancing. The bosses come in and dont even say "hi" to employes.
Depressed, tired and unhappy employes still tries to offer the best service they can.
Pros
Amazingly strong team, supports each other
Cons
Very very bad management/ unrecognized hard work
Good work environment with eager co-workers.
Driver/logistic assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ONOctober 26, 2015
Good work environment, therefore it made coming to work enjoyable. Challenging at times, which helped a lot with furthering problem solving skills. Co-workers and the management were understanding and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to help others and see the big smiles on their family members faces when they received beds, wheelchairs, commodes et cetera. However, lack of man power has been an issue.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
No set start and end time
Terrible management
hsr (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Hardest part of this job was the lack of support from supervisors. The deception that they give you on a daily basis.
typical day at work was to deliver product to customers and make sure that items were in working condition.
I learned from this company that everything needs to be documented.
Cons
Long Hours
If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything
Inside Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABFebruary 28, 2016
I would say Thanks to Big Mike W. He took a chance and trained me and gave me a chance to prove myself.
I just wish he was still in charge and ran the place with respect.
productive, reliable and proficient workplace
Banking/Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 11, 2013
Typical day at work is very responsible, busy and sometimes with critical deadlines.
I have learned to meet challenging deadlines, analyze problems, resolve issues in professional manner, make well thought out decisions and to take accountability of assigned jobs
Professional, well organized management that gives serious consideration to every aspect of jobs
Very friendly, easygoing and helpful co-workers who are always willing to assist/help when necessary.
The hardest part of the work is sometimes the volume and the long hours on month closing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my united team members and successfully completing the assigned projects by deadline.
Pros
friendly environment, benefits, reliable
Cons
long hours, limited opportunities
great exposure ,nice people to work with
process engineer (Current Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 4, 2015
great exposure ,nice people to work with
The pay is not that great , no career opportunities, need to improve their training system
If you are willing to do the work ,there is a lot to learn
A Profitable & Loyal Employer
Auditor / Special Projects / Project Management (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 3, 2012
PRAXAIR is a VERY SAFETY COMMITTED organization that provides its employees with superior compensation, excellent training, significant opportunity for education & advancement and significant stability, security and good life/work balance.
Pros
working conditions, opportunities and compensation.
Cons
culture.
US company
Jr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 25, 2015
Great place to work, relationship with US is key and makes work a little difficult when completing tasks due to different perspectives. great employees, fun, well managed. busy during month end for finance employees.
Productive work environment
Accounting Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 9, 2015
Great company to work for and a very nice work environment. A fast paced work environment. Work life balanced. Long hours expected on a regular basis.
Good place
Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCJuly 1, 2014
Very interesting industry. I was very happy with most managment
and learned a new industry, Seeking more of a senior level in the
Credit department. There is not much room for advancement.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Use to be a fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 8, 2013
Worked at Praxair for 16.5 years had one incident and according to there rules were suppose to be allowed 2 , I had an incident and the people like Transportation manager for Edmonton and western Canada did nothing but cover there own back sides. the Driver supervisor who is suppose to be there for the drivers ran to Winnipeg MB as the National Vice President of Praxair Canada was on the War path because of all the incidents involving other drivers i was used as a wiping post. Every one who was suppose to help me ran for the hills. They change rules to suit them selves like smoking in the trucks, grounds for instant dismissal nope not in Edmonton the manager buries his head in the sand, like driver supervisor also. Also mangement swept things under the carpet to suit them selves. Like i said use to be a great place to work not now as a driver your a number
Pros
a great bunch of drivers, the mechanics are great.
Cons
management changes rules to make them selves look good.
This is not a good company
Health Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Regina, SkDecember 16, 2013
This company cuts people for no reason with no warning. We were told there would be no more cuts this year, and two months later, they cut my job. They acquired me from another company and didn't like my pay scale, here today gone tomorrow. They don't care if you do a great job and take good care of people. Management is all about money!. They preach Integrity but they don't show any.
Pros
i had a great relationship with my clients
Cons
hostile environment, non existant managers
Great work environment.
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  GTAMarch 15, 2015
I really enjoyed the people that I worked with. I enjoyed visiting the different locations. It was a great experience and I learned a lot.
good pay for hard work
Professional driver (Former Employee) –  Montreal, quebecNovember 5, 2013
Praxair management are great and treat you with respect. They stress safety. hardest part of job is being gone during the week but the most enjoyable part is knowing they stand behind you.
Pros
great pay
Cons
long days
great work hours close to home
Shipper receiver (Former Employee) –  edmonton albertaApril 2, 2013
it was a good shift only 15 min from my home,
overtime posted often,
Pros
good people
Cons
lack of training and lack of communication between management and workers
Dangerous
Chemical Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCMay 12, 2014
During my time at Prax we had several major safety violations that were skirted by the local Management team.
large company
Technical Sales (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 22, 2014
poor management, employees not treated well, a union would give workers more security and leverage
Watch your back
Sales (Former Employee) –  PeterboroughSeptember 18, 2013
Seems good for the first year, then you notice and feel everyone starting to back stab u and hang you out to dry, no training but lots of innapropriate mess when you mess up: staff in ptbo are all winers and not in it for the love of the clients.

Customer service skills need some serious help
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
all abouve
Challenging place to work in
Supervisor, Warehouse & Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 12, 2012
It's a fortune 500 company which specializes in Industrial gas and hardgoods. It's fun and challenging to work at this company.
excellent organization skills and enjoy the daily challenge of a fast paced environment
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 21, 2012
Administrative experience of 6 years while assisting the floor. As such duties rang from paper work to packaging boxes as a strong team player..