Pratt & Whitney

Pratt & Whitney Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best company
CNC Operator (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 17, 2014
You will love it here! Great environment and coworkers! you won't want to leave!
great place to work outside of inefficient management
Maintenance Team Member (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: air conditioned facility, free week of personal leave, may purchase a weeks vacation
Cons: poor management and benefits are shrinking
i enjoyed the work at the place because what they do is unique and ever changing. management will pick and choose which rules apply to which employees at times.
Relaxing, but productive environment
Quality Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasFebruary 11, 2014
Observed and tracked ongoing investigation of escapes, internal and external audits. Friendly co-workers and management, open to suggestions and questions. Mentorship were plentiful.
Challenging Work enviroment that builds experience quickly
Program Management (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: ability to grow and advance ability, education funding
Cons: always overworked, low work/life balance, lower end of compensation for area
P&W has potential for developing talent and creating well versed engineers. The problem with the San Diego location is they never stop overworking their engineering group and regularly burn out the staff causing many to leave or perform lower than their potential. Work Life Balance is low.
good health plain
Material Handler/Warehouseman (Former Employee), Midland, GAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: good health care
Coordinated shipping and receiving opearations in a warehouse facility with 6,000 to 7,000 line items assigned storage locations to incoming products ensuring proper rotation using the FIFO ) first in first out method
It was nice place to work in Dynamic and Team work environment.
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Hartford-CTJanuary 26, 2014
I had the opportunity to learn new skills in friendly and professional environment.
Not at Pratt and Whitney ant longer
MRP Controller (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 23, 2014
I worked at Pratt & Whitney for over 39 years, I was able to grow , learn and suceed in this company. Working in the Inventory dept., financial, Materials and other areas. Most of the experience I have is most;y learned at Pratt & Whitney.
Fast pace work environment
Turbine Module Center Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTJanuary 17, 2014
Fun, group like atmosphere. Team work. Hard and aggressive goals to be met.
n/a
Driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Great company. My co workers were all very dedicated to their jobs. It was fast paced most of the time however we had our off seasons.
Pratt was a great company to work for
Shipping & Receiving Specialist (Former Employee), Berwick, MEDecember 30, 2013
Pros: bounces
Cons: short breaks
Was very challenging
How to multitask
Management was great
Coworkers ok
Cleaning up others mistakes
I loved what I was doing
Aerospace industry
Associate Environmental Health & Safety Generalist (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTDecember 26, 2013
Great place to work for with opportunity for growth. Company has an impeccable reputation for a quality product and service.
Was lucky to be involved in many Mfg/ and Program Areas
Product and Process Quality Manager (Former Employee), East HartfordDecember 24, 2013
Pratt & Whitney is full of opportunities. P&W is an ACE culture.
Great aerospace company
Deputy Program Manager (Current Employee), GADecember 17, 2013
opportunity to work all aspects of engine development and mainteneance. Global locations. diverse workforce
I enjoyed working with the company on F100 JET ENGINES
Component Repair Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 16, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short lunches
prductive and responsable palace to work very instresting working on jet engnes.I learn how to inspect and repair jet engine parts,management was ok my co-workers was fun working with very dependable,my hardest part of the job was learning how to read tech orders and the most enjoyable part was working on jet engines.
A fun environment working with great individuals who worked as a team to get the job done.
Flight Operations Engineer (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTDecember 8, 2013
This job was enjoyable in every way. There were many responsibilities associated with this position and it was very fulfilling. Tasks varied everyday and I enjoyed the ongoing challenge and working with all types of people. Our group was involved with engineering support, project management, operational control, financial management and mechanical engineering – more... disciplines. In order to meet customer demands and time constraints, prioritizing tasks was the biggest challenge. However, the mentality and the teamwork of the other co-workers and management made it easier. In conclusion, it was a great place to work, learn and contribute. – less
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Midland, GADecember 3, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
NA: Worked as a temp moving boxes around..was able to learn some things from different skill sets of the full time employees
Opportunities for growth, Lean Initiative Company, Competitive Salaries and Benefits
Controller / VP Finance & Administration (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 26, 2013
Pros: good compensation and benefits
Cons: none noted
Enjoyed working in this environment as we were allowed to run the business and determine our destiny. A typical day is 10 hours where I aspired to bye a major contributor to the success of the bottom line and grow its sales / profitability in the years I worked at Pratt Whitney. Overall the management team was excellent and the matrix organizational – more... structure made sense. The most hardest part of this job was to motivate the employee base as a result of sequestration pressures and awareness of the market place in the industry. I enjoyed the interactive decision making process and being a part of a successful company. – less
Nice place to work
Shipping/Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), DFW Airport, TXNovember 14, 2013
Pros: very laid back and self controlling
Cons: lack of directions
Had a thrill working with aircraft engines. Just wish it lasted longer.
Loved the people and the job.
2.5 yr avg management cycle can create chaos!
Supplier Development Engineer (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTNovember 6, 2013
It seems in some departments, management cycles into a new position after 18 mos to 3 years. Sometimes that's good, sometimes it creates chaos!

Though you work long hours, it's a great company overall. I would go back in a heartbeat.
fun workplace
Cycle Counter (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 29, 2013
Pros: ability to learn new things daily
Employees and supervisors were nice and polite. Even though I was a temp I was always included in functions which made me feel like I belonged with the company.

About Pratt & Whitney

United Technologies (UTC) lifts you up and cools you down. Carrier, Otis, UTC Climate Controls & Security, Pratt & Whitney, Sikorsky, and Power – Read more

Pratt & Whitney Photos