Pratt & Whitney

Pratt & Whitney Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Contract Manager
Government Contract Manager (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTJuly 28, 2014
Contract management is a great place to start a career, especially at Pratt & Whitney.
Work environment
Coating Technician (Former Employee), grand prairie, texasJuly 28, 2014
Very nice to work with people, good benefits, well organize company
Old school business very silo orientated
Service Management (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTJuly 27, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: upper management, diverging silo goals, hr
Company is very resistent to change. Talks as if they welcome change but they took a part a very well liked IAE business after they aquired it as majority owner. Customers are unhappy about the support PW offers as compared to when IAE ran it. Upper management is out of touch with the customer base.
Some of the most intelligent people I have ever met.
Forensic Accountant (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTJuly 21, 2014
Some of the most intelligent people I have ever met. Great company for someone looking for the skills to be successful in business.
data control
QA Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: interaction with others
Cons: meticulous, repetitious, occassionally uncomfortable working environments
review documents, monitored calipers and gauges, communicated with production workers.
great place to work
Powerplant Mechanic (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 15, 2014
Typical day at work was exciting I actualy enjoyed going to work.
I learned to hone my skills with a multimeter. learned minor electrical as replacing wires in a bundle and pin and socket removal and replacement as well as cannon plug removal and replacement.
the hardest part was working on the C117 engines that were for the air force we didn't have any test equipment we had to test all by hand.
the most enjoyable part was working with co-workers. we actually a team and helped each other
Clock in and shut up & color.
Blender/Bench Mechanic (Current Employee), Springdale, ARJuly 10, 2014
Pros: pay, work atmosphere
Cons: professional satisfaction, lack of leadership
For a company that is so focused on benchmarking processes and improving the efficiency of their production line, their management is very reluctant to accept new ideas. Having a wide breadth of aviation experience and coming to P&W, I've been met with nothing but resistance to the ideas I've presented to new problems which have arisen due to the implementation of a new production line. It's been frustrating to say the least.

Health insurance is mega-expensive and no where near as comprehensive as what other much smaller companies have offered me in the recent past. Not impressed UTC!

Pay is fair and overtime opportunities are almost always available. No one is getting rich there (except for management) but no one is starving either.
slow in career growth
Staff Engineer (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTJuly 2, 2014
Pros: stable job
Cons: slow career growth
good place for a stable job, but with slow career growth.
if you are good at dealing with different people, this is a good place for you; if you are down to the earth working type, you feel very stressed.
The only drawback in work area was the work environment was severe heat in summer.
Warehouse Materials Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 2, 2014
Work with Pratt & Whitney was very enhancing in my career. The benefits and working conditions was very good. The management was very quick to take care of any problems that occurred and recognition of job performance was quick and worthwhile.
Innovative Products, Antiquated Culture
N/A (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTJuly 1, 2014
Pros: lots of opportunity, training, employee scholar program
Cons: pay, culture, management, lack of transparency
Pratt & Whitney is well positioned for the future financially. Products are exciting. Culture and work/life balance is lacking. Strict hierarchy stifles creativity. For mid to lower level employees, most of the day is spent doing menial tasks in order to cater to executives without any clue about the overarching strategy. Corporate politics at their worst.
Good company. Diversity, Education, and strong ethics
Project Engineer (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTJuly 1, 2014
Pros: exciting work, utc has excellent educational opportunities
Cons: lack of shaing in company profits
Company is trying to change its culture however it is overworking its people and holding engineer compensation down making the work/compensation ratio is radically declining.
Pratt & whitney is an wonderful place to work
Coating Tech (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTJune 27, 2014
Pros: paid tuition
Cons: some jobs can be repetitive
Matching 401k with excellent pay. I miss working at Pratt & Whitney, it is an excellent place to work where the employees are treated with the utmost respect. the company will also pay tuition for any employee that is interested in furthering their education. employees also have paid sick and vacation.
great place to work
Working Leader (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: crazy schedules sometimes.
great place to work with well defined goals and objectives.
Team Oriented High Energy Friendly Work Environment
Earned Value Financial Analyst (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTJune 26, 2014
Pros: ergo work environment, health club memberships, good cafe's
Cons: long work hours, no benefits if you are a contractor
A typical day at Pratt involves heavy team communication and collaboration to meet weekly and monthly deliverables. I have learned alot in my 7 or so months at Pratt from my teammates who are always willing to lend a helping hand and give helpful tips and strategies. Management is very understanding, helpful, and easy to communicate with in regards to work and personal issues. My co-workers are also very friendly, hardworking, goal oriented people. I have learned alot about my role as a financial analyst, Pratt and Whitney in general, and about the programs I support. The hardest part of my job I would have to say is the high pressure to meet deadlines at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of being part of a hardworking team with a shared common goal. It is a great feeling when the collaborative effort day after day leads us to improve our strategies, deliver reports/required reviews in a more timely manner than the month before, and you never feel like you are alone when there is an issue you are having trouble finding a solution too. It's challenging and rewarding at the same time.
Good work place
Process Planner (Former Employee), Kalisz, PolandJune 12, 2014
Great people, friendly working environment. Gained new skills in quality management. The hardest part of the job was getting a seat in the lunch room. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting paid.
Very productive and good people to work with.
Processing and Deveolpment (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTMay 15, 2014
Pros: they had a very good cook in the cafeteria.
Cons: having to do other peoples work when they didn't show up.
Enjoyed going to work and accomplishing what was required of me at any given time. I learned how to strip blast, how to use a fork lift and always kept my area spotless. I never had any problems with management, they always treated me with respect. I was also well respected by my co-workers and made some good friends. Taking the jobs out of the ovens, because they were very hot so you had to be very careful not to get burned. Accomplishing a good days work.
I really enjoyed this place
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Berwick, MEMay 14, 2014
I liked the fact that I was able to work with or independently of other personnel.
Good people to work with.
Analyst for all Military programs (Former Employee), East Hartford CTMay 10, 2014
A great work place. Working with others to complete the task.
Great people and great place to work until the down sizing started.
Materials Processing-Technical (Former Employee), Jupiter, FLMay 4, 2014
Pros: interesting and rewarding work with great people to work with.
Cons: mandatory 20% get no pay increase per year???
First 19 years was a fun place to work. As soon as they let the bean counters take over things started to get tough. Whenever GE laid off Pratt had to match it even though we were getting the contracts. The best part of working there was the people you got to work with until they were let go. The hardest part of being there was feeling like you had a target on your back daily. Moving Military Jet Engines to Hartford was the biggest mistake ever made because so much of the high end talent walked out the door rather than go and it cost them 3x what it was planned. The worst mind set is that all engineers make good Supervisors. The buddy system is alive and well.
Cutting Edge Export Compliance
Export Audit Manager (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTMay 1, 2014
P&W has one of the sexiest product lines in manufacturing with jet engines on a variety of military platforms from attack helicopters to the F16, andJoint Strike Fighter. With a global footprint, it's a challenge to coordinate compliance with US Export laws.

About Pratt & Whitney

United Technologies (UTC) lifts you up and cools you down. Carrier, Otis, UTC Climate Controls & Security, Pratt & Whitney, Sikorsky, and Power – Read more

Pratt & Whitney Photos