Pratt & Whitney

Pratt & Whitney Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
best job i ever had
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTNovember 12, 2014
loved my manager and the overall environment. my peers were wonderful people
Supervisor
(IAE) - Quality Lead / Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee), Hartford, CTNovember 3, 2014
Great people to work with, both management, coworkers and people you supervised.
The management was great and you can go to them with problems that arise.
Learned management, Value Stream Mapping, Process analysis and Process Management.
Machined, welded various aircraft components
Electron Beam Welder (Former Employee), Middletown, CTOctober 22, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: job security
Machined various aircraft components, Management was great. Great Job!
GOOD PLACE
Intern (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTOctober 2, 2014
I have already reviewed this company and do not know why I have to review it again. Good place to work. Great industry.
I was a Quality Control Inspector on turbine blades
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Arlington, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: the people where great
Cons: the pay should have been more
Preformed Inspections on air foil turbine blades, using special instruments to measure thickness and dimensions per FAA manufactures manuals specifications. Performed Inspections with micrometers, calipers, cleaned blades with sand blasters, dye grinders, and if necessary repaired them.
Pratt & Whitney
EHS Inspections & Audits Coordinator (Current Employee), Clayville, NYSeptember 22, 2014
I love everything about my job. The work environment here is outstanding. We are truly like a family, rather than colleagues. I will be sad to leave. I contemplated commuting almost 2 hours just to stay here.
Great company to work for.
Lean Manufacturing Coordinator (Former Employee), Jupiter, FLSeptember 18, 2014
great pay and benefits, management listens to employees ideas to help improve the work environment.
It is indeed a great place and pleasure to work in Pratt & Whitney
Senior Workshop Engineer (Former Employee), Singapore, S00September 2, 2014
Pros: peers and colleague are very helpful, especially the union representatives.
The culture and people working in this company are very cordial and helpful. It is indeed a great place to work at. The union representatives really taking care of the the welfare of the union members.
IT'S A GOOD JOB
LOCAL LODGE OFFICER, MACHINIST (Former Employee), MIDDLETOWNAugust 29, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: supervison can be a challenge
NICE PLACE TO WORK.GOOD PAY.....BENIFITS ARE OK. WORKSCHEDULES CAN BE DIFFICULT AS IS MANAGEMENT
Challenging and good place to work
Sr. Mechanical Engineer - Product Development Lead (Current Employee), Middletown, CTAugust 21, 2014
I do a combination of design and project management my team is fun and my co-workers are fun.
Amazing work environment
F135 Jet Engine Mechanic (Aircraft Technician) (Current Employee), Patuxent River, MDAugust 19, 2014
Amazing place to work. Great leadership and the professionalism of the employees can not be matched.
A Day at Pratt and Whitney
SOFTWARE PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), East Hartford CTAugust 11, 2014
Pros: excellent co-workers
Cons: healthcare and far distance to my current house.
I am currently working on the Next Generation of Commercial Engines at Pratt and Whitney my responsibility is to coordinate the software release content per software release an determine which engine functionality will be more necessary for each of the customer releases and manufacturers. My duties are to coordinate content, delegate work among my outsourcing – more... companies, organize technical reviews with my outsource team in order to monitor that each of my functionality will be accomplish with the time allow per the schedule, also when the engines are running in or test stands I need to be available to analyze problems and propose solutions in real time. – less
Large Company with Many Opportunities
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Structural Analysis (Former Employee), Canoga Park, CAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: large company - many opportunities available
Cons: large company - just a number in the system
Large company with many opportunities, and multiple locations around the country. Opportunities include various possible work assignments, various geographic locations, and education reimbursement available.
Excellent starting point for an engineering career
Project Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: hands on experience
Cons: chemicals in environment, typical to manufacturing
Great mentorship. Fast paced. Manufacturing environment is great for hands on experience.
Contract Manager
Government Contract Manager (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTJuly 28, 2014
Contract management is a great place to start a career, especially at Pratt & Whitney.
Work environment
Coating Technician (Former Employee), grand prairie, texasJuly 28, 2014
Very nice to work with people, good benefits, well organize company
Old school business very silo orientated
Service Management (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTJuly 27, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: upper management, diverging silo goals, hr
Company is very resistent to change. Talks as if they welcome change but they took a part a very well liked IAE business after they aquired it as majority owner. Customers are unhappy about the support PW offers as compared to when IAE ran it. Upper management is out of touch with the customer base.
Some of the most intelligent people I have ever met.
Forensic Accountant (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTJuly 21, 2014
Some of the most intelligent people I have ever met. Great company for someone looking for the skills to be successful in business.
data control
QA Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: interaction with others
Cons: meticulous, repetitious, occassionally uncomfortable working environments
review documents, monitored calipers and gauges, communicated with production workers.
great place to work
Powerplant Mechanic (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 15, 2014
Typical day at work was exciting I actualy enjoyed going to work.
I learned to hone my skills with a multimeter. learned minor electrical as replacing wires in a bundle and pin and socket removal and replacement as well as cannon plug removal and replacement.
the hardest part was working on the C117 engines that were for the air force we didn't have – more... any test equipment we had to test all by hand.
the most enjoyable part was working with co-workers. we actually a team and helped each other – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Pratt & Whitney

United Technologies (UTC) lifts you up and cools you down. Carrier, Otis, UTC Climate Controls & Security, Pratt & Whitney, Sikorsky, and Power – Read more

Pratt & Whitney Photos