Pratt & Whitney

Pratt & Whitney Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It is indeed a great place and pleasure to work in Pratt & Whitney
Senior Workshop Engineer (Former Employee), Singapore, S00September 2, 2014
Pros: peers and colleague are very helpful, especially the union representatives.
The culture and people working in this company are very cordial and helpful. It is indeed a great place to work at. The union representatives really taking care of the the welfare of the union members.
IT'S A GOOD JOB
LOCAL LODGE OFFICER, MACHINIST (Former Employee), MIDDLETOWNAugust 29, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: supervison can be a challenge
NICE PLACE TO WORK.GOOD PAY.....BENIFITS ARE OK. WORKSCHEDULES CAN BE DIFFICULT AS IS MANAGEMENT
Challenging and good place to work
Sr. Mechanical Engineer - Product Development Lead (Current Employee), Middletown, CTAugust 21, 2014
I do a combination of design and project management my team is fun and my co-workers are fun.
Amazing work environment
F135 Jet Engine Mechanic (Aircraft Technician) (Current Employee), Patuxent River, MDAugust 19, 2014
Amazing place to work. Great leadership and the professionalism of the employees can not be matched.
A Day at Pratt and Whitney
SOFTWARE PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), East Hartford CTAugust 11, 2014
Pros: excellent co-workers
Cons: healthcare and far distance to my current house.
I am currently working on the Next Generation of Commercial Engines at Pratt and Whitney my responsibility is to coordinate the software release content per software release an determine which engine functionality will be more necessary for each of the customer releases and manufacturers. My duties are to coordinate content, delegate work among my outsourcing – more... companies, organize technical reviews with my outsource team in order to monitor that each of my functionality will be accomplish with the time allow per the schedule, also when the engines are running in or test stands I need to be available to analyze problems and propose solutions in real time. – less
Large Company with Many Opportunities
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Structural Analysis (Former Employee), Canoga Park, CAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: large company - many opportunities available
Cons: large company - just a number in the system
Large company with many opportunities, and multiple locations around the country. Opportunities include various possible work assignments, various geographic locations, and education reimbursement available.
Excellent starting point for an engineering career
Project Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: hands on experience
Cons: chemicals in environment, typical to manufacturing
Great mentorship. Fast paced. Manufacturing environment is great for hands on experience.
Contract Manager
Government Contract Manager (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTJuly 28, 2014
Contract management is a great place to start a career, especially at Pratt & Whitney.
Work environment
Coating Technician (Former Employee), grand prairie, texasJuly 28, 2014
Very nice to work with people, good benefits, well organize company
Old school business very silo orientated
Service Management (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTJuly 27, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: upper management, diverging silo goals, hr
Company is very resistent to change. Talks as if they welcome change but they took a part a very well liked IAE business after they aquired it as majority owner. Customers are unhappy about the support PW offers as compared to when IAE ran it. Upper management is out of touch with the customer base.
Some of the most intelligent people I have ever met.
Forensic Accountant (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTJuly 21, 2014
Some of the most intelligent people I have ever met. Great company for someone looking for the skills to be successful in business.
data control
QA Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: interaction with others
Cons: meticulous, repetitious, occassionally uncomfortable working environments
review documents, monitored calipers and gauges, communicated with production workers.
great place to work
Powerplant Mechanic (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 15, 2014
Typical day at work was exciting I actualy enjoyed going to work.
I learned to hone my skills with a multimeter. learned minor electrical as replacing wires in a bundle and pin and socket removal and replacement as well as cannon plug removal and replacement.
the hardest part was working on the C117 engines that were for the air force we didn't have – more... any test equipment we had to test all by hand.
the most enjoyable part was working with co-workers. we actually a team and helped each other – less
Clock in and shut up & color.
Blender/Bench Mechanic (Current Employee), Springdale, ARJuly 10, 2014
Pros: pay, work atmosphere
Cons: professional satisfaction, lack of leadership
For a company that is so focused on benchmarking processes and improving the efficiency of their production line, their management is very reluctant to accept new ideas. Having a wide breadth of aviation experience and coming to P&W, I've been met with nothing but resistance to the ideas I've presented to new problems which have arisen due to the implementation – more... of a new production line. It's been frustrating to say the least.

Health insurance is mega-expensive and no where near as comprehensive as what other much smaller companies have offered me in the recent past. Not impressed UTC!

Pay is fair and overtime opportunities are almost always available. No one is getting rich there (except for management) but no one is starving either. – less
slow in career growth
Staff Engineer (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTJuly 2, 2014
Pros: stable job
Cons: slow career growth
good place for a stable job, but with slow career growth.
if you are good at dealing with different people, this is a good place for you; if you are down to the earth working type, you feel very stressed.
The only drawback in work area was the work environment was severe heat in summer.
Warehouse Materials Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 2, 2014
Work with Pratt & Whitney was very enhancing in my career. The benefits and working conditions was very good. The management was very quick to take care of any problems that occurred and recognition of job performance was quick and worthwhile.
Innovative Products, Antiquated Culture
N/A (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTJuly 1, 2014
Pros: lots of opportunity, training, employee scholar program
Cons: pay, culture, management, lack of transparency
Pratt & Whitney is well positioned for the future financially. Products are exciting. Culture and work/life balance is lacking. Strict hierarchy stifles creativity. For mid to lower level employees, most of the day is spent doing menial tasks in order to cater to executives without any clue about the overarching strategy. Corporate politics at their – more... worst. – less
Good company. Diversity, Education, and strong ethics
Project Engineer (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTJuly 1, 2014
Pros: exciting work, utc has excellent educational opportunities
Cons: lack of shaing in company profits
Company is trying to change its culture however it is overworking its people and holding engineer compensation down making the work/compensation ratio is radically declining.
Pratt & whitney is an wonderful place to work
Coating Tech (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTJune 27, 2014
Pros: paid tuition
Cons: some jobs can be repetitive
Matching 401k with excellent pay. I miss working at Pratt & Whitney, it is an excellent place to work where the employees are treated with the utmost respect. the company will also pay tuition for any employee that is interested in furthering their education. employees also have paid sick and vacation.
great place to work
Working Leader (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: crazy schedules sometimes.
great place to work with well defined goals and objectives.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pratt & Whitney

United Technologies (UTC) lifts you up and cools you down. Carrier, Otis, UTC Climate Controls & Security, Pratt & Whitney, Sikorsky, and Power – Read more

Pratt & Whitney Photos