Prairie Mountain Health Employee Reviews

Prairie Mountain Health
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB11 October 2017
Managed a diverse group of 100+ staff.
- Human Resources (hiring, discipline, firing)
- Budgets Review
- Purchasing

I found that there was
- No support from upper management
- No job security unless unionized
Cons
No support from upper management
Its the same as all RHA's
Long term care LPN (Former Employee) –  Neepawa and Minnedosa ltc & hospital4 October 2017
I worked at a few places here... I loved Neepawa and Minnedosa hospitals... great doctors. Neepawa Pch is new and beautiful building. Minnedosa Pch is depressing.... I had a full time float between the Hosp and Pch... it was a good gig!
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not the greatest place to work
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Dauphin, MB15 September 2017
Not the greatest place to work. Lots of no shows creates a stressful and dangerous working environment for staff and clients. Lots of turnover in management lots of mismanagement. Too many changes to clients medications. No laundry on weekends.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
No shows, working short getting mandated to work
Fun and culturally diverse atmosphere
Payroll / Scheduling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamiota, MB8 September 2017
I really enjoyed my position at PMH. Everyday was different and sometimes a good challenge. It helped me personally come out of my "shell" and not be so shy around people. The hardest part of the job was trying to fill shifts that no employee wanted to work. The most enjoyable part was the Care Team Manager's ongoing support and created a fun atmosphere.
Families First Home Visitor
Prairie Families First Home Visitor (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MB8 August 2017
Update phone message, review and return phone messages, check in with supervisor or available Registered Nurse

I learned creative ways to engage children and parents in playing games with their babies and siblings.

Recording and observing behaviours of families with young children and assessing their needs and potential risks for those with low socio - economic status.

Dynamic workplace culture and diversity, regular staff meetings and social gatherings to encourage positive work-place morale.

I found extensive paperwork to be the most challenging, but the most rewarding part of the position was seeing families engage their babies in healthy play with the skills they learned through my program.
Pros
I loved the dynamic of having office and field work, working with people
Cons
Paperwork was repetitive and small office area
Mental health proctor
Mental health proctor (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB16 July 2017
Proctors provide rehabilitative support to a client to develop the skills necessary to achieve his or her goals in the community. This focuses on teaching skills, which can include problem solving, communication, networking, financial management, self-care, leisure time management, job coaching, maintaining housing, and transportation use.
large variety of technology to work with and learn/experience
Information Technology (ICT) Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB12 July 2017
This is a health care environment so it truly is a 24/7 365 environment. There is a large selection of applications and technology to insure is working as well as possible at all times. A typical work day consists of planned work on the current projects fit around issues that occur and require immediate attention. The atmosphere of the IT dept is enjoyed and humorous while each member does recognize that patient lives could be at risk if they don't do their job. The hardest part to deal with is this is a government funded institution and sometimes there is just not the budget available to achieve some goals in a timely manner if at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a dedicated staff that knew their jobs and worked hard to insure the functions they were responsible for performed.
Pros
Excellent staff to work with.
Cons
budget limitations frequently caused stress in a government funded agency
afwisselende job
Supervisor Environmental and laundry department (Former Employee) –  Russell Canada30 June 2017
dqgelijks schoonmaken van burelen en emergency rooms en alle andere medische lokalen ook alle patienten kamers in het ziekenhuis en het bejaarden tehuis
dit alles moest gedaan worden in een bepaalde tijd
veel kennis van de producten die er gebruikt werden scheduling van staff zorgen dat alle orders gedaan werden en comunication met hoger managment
Pros
vroege start in de morgen
Cons
veel overuren daar veel staff zich ziek melde
Great team to work with.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Killarney, MB24 June 2017
Staffing is an issue. Frequently only 1 registered nurse scheduled/responsible for 22 bed acute/emergency room facility, as well as a 60 bed personal care home.Too many waiting placement admissions who require extensive ADL assistance, taking nurses off the floor.
Pros
Co-workers are great. Variety of experiences available.
Cons
Lots of overtime, no breaks.
challenging work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Neepawa, MB16 February 2017
its a good place to work specially if your passion is to care for vulnerable persons or elderly. everybody is nice and respectful. the only hard part I remember is when you can't help them even if you wanted to help them due to policies we have.I enjoy working in cultural environment like PMH has.
Home Care
Home Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Erickson, MB25 January 2017
The job in being a home care attendant can be changed in the area of working two shifts at once by hiring more casual workers. I see a need for hire management to watch the coordinators for nepotism as in smaller facilities this happens often. There is a need for representative to be at each regional area for home care attendant's.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
working two shifts in one
Horrid. Except for pay and benefits
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Russell, MB26 December 2016
It was a great job to work in as money was good. But being a young adult and working among older woman i was singled out. Ignored. I was written up for nothing. I was driven out by my fellow staff and employer. I was refused orientation in learning to clean a personal care home as my mom was employed there. I was refused training on to become a part time health care aide because of my employment as an environmental services aide which was only term position.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Terrible staff, management lacks, bullying in the work place, union does nothing to those who need help
Call center for Application access and issues for a large corperation
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB16 November 2016
Answer phones
Validate issues
direct information
multiple computer applications

management is on top of things
It is a growing and in demand department
my office has 4 working assistants with 12 administrators dealing with as many as 20+ applications daily for a employee base of over 7000
Enjoyed working with staff
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Souris, MB18 October 2016
The morning begins with a scheduled round of areas and rooms to be cleaned. After lunch the treatment rooms are cleaned. We then follow a schedule of weekly and monthly rooms to be "pulled" and housecleaned from top to bottom. Floors are also stripped and cleaned thoroughly, following a scheduled maintenance. We usually work in groups of 2. I thoroughly enjoy working with co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the work is seeing the results and taking pride in what I have done. The hardest part of the job is also the work. It is very physical labour. To hear the complements of a job well done is worth it though.
Looking to continue in health care, but am open to other opportunities
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Roblin, MB14 September 2016
I enjoyed working for Prairie Mountain Health, but I am relocating. I have worked for them for 6 years and truly enjoyed it
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Nurturing workplace encouraging individuality and creativity
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon General Hospital22 June 2016
My colleagues, the Vice-Presidents of the company and their assistants, are incredibly personable. Work-life balance was always a focus and their flexibility with the same was clear. Pot luck lunches and extracurricular activities were plentiful.
Enjoy working with my clients
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Swan River, MB14 April 2016
I have been working as a Health Care Aide for many years and would never give it up for anything in the world. I love meeting new people, I enjoy listening to my clients stories and learning new things about life from them. The hardest part about my job is relocating and leaving that bond you built with your clients and co-workers.The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing you can put a smile on someones face and to give it your all to make sure the clients get the best care possible...
Pros
working with the elderly
Cons
Losing a client
Productive workforce environment.
Continuing Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB22 April 2015
A typical day shift was a little overwhelming at times, but we managed to finish all duties at a fast pace and correctly.
I learned that documentation on everything is critical.
The most enjoyable part was getting to know the residents.
The hardest thing for me was when some of the residents did not have visitors or family come.
Pros
Picking up shifts when needed.
Cons
Sometimes not enough shifts.
Good workplace
Activities Worker (Former Employee) –  Swan River Manitoba6 March 2015
A typical day at work was entertaining the residents with Exercise games . I learned to be patient mangement was good my coworkers were awsome to work with the hardest part of my job was watching the residents struggle and have quality of life. Most enjoyable part of my job was singing with the residents all those old songs they always remembered
Pros
Love working with the residents
Cons
Very fast paced
Great job with better co-workers
ICT Technician II (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB30 October 2014
A typical day has lots of continued leaning in regards to network layout, systems involved are numerous. Management is great and my co-workers are very pleasant and always will to lend a hand. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the necessary paper work, and the most enjoyable part of the job is all the smiling faces.
Pros
Lots of continued learning.
Cons
None.