Prairie Mountain Health Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Nurturing workplace encouraging individuality and creativity
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon General HospitalJune 22, 2016
My colleagues, the Vice-Presidents of the company and their assistants, are incredibly personable. Work-life balance was always a focus and their flexibility with the same was clear. Pot luck lunches and extracurricular activities were plentiful.
Enjoy working with my clients
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Swan River, MBApril 14, 2016
I have been working as a Health Care Aide for many years and would never give it up for anything in the world. I love meeting new people, I enjoy listening to my clients stories and learning new things about life from them. The hardest part about my job is relocating and leaving that bond you built with your clients and co-workers.The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing you can put a smile on someones face and to give it your all to make sure the clients get the best care possible...
Pros
working with the elderly
Cons
Losing a client
Good workplace
Activities Worker (Former Employee) –  Swan River ManitobaMarch 6, 2015
A typical day at work was entertaining the residents with Exercise games . I learned to be patient mangement was good my coworkers were awsome to work with the hardest part of my job was watching the residents struggle and have quality of life. Most enjoyable part of my job was singing with the residents all those old songs they always remembered
Pros
love working with the residents
Cons
very fast paced
Great job with better co-workers
ICT Technician II (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MBOctober 30, 2014
A typical day has lots of continued leaning in regards to network layout, systems involved are numerous. Management is great and my co-workers are very pleasant and always will to lend a hand. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the necessary paper work, and the most enjoyable part of the job is all the smiling faces.
Pros
lots of continued learning.
Cons
none.
FUN AND LOVING MY WORK
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  RUSSELL, MBMarch 15, 2014
EACH DAY HAVE DIFFERENT SCENARIO, IT DEPENDS ON HOW ARE YOU GOING TO HANDLE IT. I JUST LOOK EVERYDAY HAS ITS OWN CHALLENGE AT WORK. WHEN I ENTERED IN THIS KIND OF JOB I LEARNED A LOT AND IT CHANGE MY PERSONALITY. EVERY TIME I ALWAYS THINK THAT THE RESIDENT HAS ITS OWN SPECIAL NEEDS AND ATTENTION AND APPROACH, I JUST SEE MY SELF IF I'M IN THERE SITUATION. MY CO-WORKERS I COULD IT AS A BEST TEAM EVERYDAY, NOT ONLY JUST WORKING WE HAVE TEAM WORK. THE HARDEST PART OF THIS JOB IF YOU LOST SOME RESIDENT. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THIS KIND OF JOB ARE WHEN YOU ACCOMPLISHED ALL OF THE RESIDENT NEEDS AND HAVE A TIME TO REST AND AFTER YOUR SHIFT YOU FEEL BLESSED LOTS OF THINGS THAT DAY AND THINKING OF TOMORROW IT'S A NEW DAY OF OUR LIFE...
Management is unwilling to address safety and bullying issues.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Swan River, MBAugust 25, 2013
12hr shifts with only 30min relief on night shifts. 35 pt's to give meds, assess, and treatments.

Some of the laziest care aides I have ever worked with. Some are great, but most know they are in short supply and management is stuck with poor quality staff.

Some of the hardest working nursing staff I have ever worked with.

Residents are cared for well, except for incontinence and skin breakdown issues, hence the lazy care aides.

Residents are allowed to go behind the nursing desk/area and paperwork routinely goes missing, as residents take confidential documents of other residents. Management is unwilling to address this safety issue and goes by the old saying "That is the way we have always done it". A very dangerous practice.
Pros
small town, low cost of living.
Cons
too many to list.......

2.9