Full Time Permanent Position
Minnedosa Health Centre - Acute Care
Address: Box 960, Minnedosa, MB, Canada, R0J 1E0
Salary: As per MNU Collective Agreement, $32.272 - $38.046
- Graduate of a diploma or baccalaureate Nursing program from an approved educational institution required.
- Current active licensure from the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CNRM) required.
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS).
- Experience with computer systems, word processing, and email application.
- Effective oral and written communication skills required.
- Leadership skills and ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team required.
- Ability to work, problem-solve, and make decisions both interdependently and independently required.
- Sound organizational skills required.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships required.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills required.
- Mental and physical ability to meet the demands of the job required.
- Recent experience/certifications in identified areas:
o Acute Care requires: Current Trauma Nursing Core Course certification; current ACLS; current NPR (Neepawa Health Centre only)
o Long Term Care requires: P.I.E.C.E.S. training; Non-violent Crisis Intervention training; Feeding and Swallowing training.
- Current driver’s license and use of a vehicle for work purposes may be required in some work settings.
- The above represent general core qualifications for the position and may vary as necessary to the operation of the Nursing Program.
Duties: Under the direction of and responsible to the Charge Nurse/Client Care Coordinator/Facility Coordinator/Home Care Case Coordinator or designate/Program Manager and/or Area Manager, the Registered Nurse functions as an essential part of the multidisciplinary health care team. The Registered Nurse plays a vital role in assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing, and evaluating care to assist clients in achieving and/or maintaining their optimal level of health throughout the life cycles, from birth to death. Within the time frame provided by the Region, the Registered Nurse performs and functions according to the Mission, Vision, Values, policies and procedures as set forth by the Region. The Registered Nurse functions in accordance with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM) Standards of Practice, and is bound by the Registered Nurses Act and the Registered Nurse Regulation, and the Canadian Nurses' Association Code of Ethics. In the absence of the designated Program Manager/Supervisor, the Registered Nurse assumes the responsibility and functions in accordance with assigned duties and responsibilities.
As per Registered Nurse Position Description.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector, Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Benefits: Health Care Benefits package available which includes Pension Plan, Extended Health care benefits, Disabiltiy Insurance, Life Insurance, Employment Insurance. Sick benefits, Vacation entitlements, compassionate leave benefits available for all staff.