PRA International

PRA International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
stay away from Lifetree location in Salt Lake
pre study (Current Employee), salt lake city, utAugust 21, 2014
Pros: wear scrubs to work, colleagues are pretty good
Cons: low pay, pathetic, if any, benefits, hr is incompetent, opportunity for growth is halted by management
they make big promises that never are followed through on
HR person is completely non approachable and fails to take care of basic things, while lacking compassion almost entirely
Pay is stagnant and low
Benefits are with Altius and are a complete joke
They hire from the outside first, leaving no room for growth
Being in a study pays way more than working – more... on a study ever will
After promising several people benefits, a new person was hired with benefits and no one else got them – less
collection,high pressure place
Portfolio Recovery Associate (Current Employee), N.richland hills,txAugust 6, 2014
working on very old account,making sure we get pay by the end of every calls
fast paced
Debt Collector (Former Employee), Hutchinson, KSJuly 18, 2014
Pros: pay, free lunch-ins, people
Cons: worked nights and weekends.
Liked doing more than one task at a time and talking to new people every day.
It provide opportunity to grow and gain stability.
Regional Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee), Head Office In North CarolinaJune 26, 2014
Typical day at work is always great. meeting with different professional provided me an environment to learn.
management are doing great by given me the growth and stability I needed in my career. My co-workers are team player, always ready to help out all the time.
I only stay for the Benefits
Document Management Associate (Former Employee), lenexaJune 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: resourcing
I will not go into details as to what my position was, but I can say that when I started there, my training was very sub-par and ended up lasting entirely too long. I was on mandatory overtime within the first few months (we were as a team) in order to work together on one specific project that was assigned to one person. Since one person is assigned – more... enough work for 3 people, they were falling behind, so all hands on deck. I didn't really think much of it, I am a team player and when I have to help out, I don't question it....until I was told to neglect my own work and then I fell behind, which left management questioning my productivity. No matter how well you communicate, no matter how much you work or how hard you work, all that management cares about is the "metrics" which is essentially a measurement of the amount of work you do within the current 30-day period. If your work falls beyond that, any work that you complete does not count towards your metrics since it is beyond the 30-days, therefore they have no record that you produced any work. It's so frustrating. I have also noticed that they are very choosy with the promotions and growth within the company. In our department (document management) there is little to no growth. I could go on and on and on but I could tell you that mandatory overtime is a real thing, overtime is expected and not really optional (although they want to pretend like it is) and this place is becoming a joke. I will say though, you can insure your family for around $260 a month with an $800 deductible, free generic prescriptions and very low co-pays. You also get 10 paid holidays and a generous amount of PTO (6.63 hours per pay period) and it starts accruing up on employment. Great 401k as well. They are all on paper too, by the way. WAY behind other CRO's and low-paying in comparison too. – less
IHCRA
In House Clinical Research Associate I (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSMay 23, 2014
I have worked with PRA for 10 months and have enjoyed the company. My position at PRA is reviewing and processing of regulatory documents.
Not for fulltime employment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSFebruary 25, 2014
I did learn a few things while employed here, the training for the position was poor, I was sure of what to do most of the time while there and had to constantly ask "what am I suppose to be doing" I was very confused and this made it very difficult to know my position. Co-workers were ok for the most part.
Productive energtic workplace
Digital Blocker (Former Employee), Chester, VAFebruary 10, 2014
A typical day would include operating on an assembly line ensuring that lens were the right size shape and color. I learned how to work on a team as well as independent, time management and organization. Co- workers were friendly and always willing to help as well as accept help from myself. The hardest part of the job was making sure I was accurate, – more... however once I got comfortable with the flow of duties, I was fine. The best part of the job is the face-paced environment. I like to stay busy and this was a great job for that. – less
Micromanagement
Clinical Research Associate II (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJanuary 29, 2014
Did not get managed properly. No extra training with regard to furthering my ultimate goal of being a Lead CRA.
work life balance
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee), Regional - United StatesNovember 25, 2013
Pros: great company
Cons: line management not responsive
Work to life balance was over whelming. on site 22 days a month.
Great Experience
Vice President - IT (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 21, 2013
Most strategic challenge. Closest relationship to clinical operations than previous gigs
People are great; management not so much
Project Associate (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 13, 2013
Pros: breakfast on fridays; casual dress day on fridays; holiday part
Cons: top heavy in management; no one listens to the people who are actually doing the work
What I missed about PRA is the people. It has a great team atmosphere as long as you weren't in management. No loyalty is shown to employees who has seniority in their position. PRA is always looking for the "fresh face."
not what is offered
Resource Manager (Former Employee), RaleighOctober 4, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: management, no gratitude, constant moving direction
Roles are glamourised and some promises never given this is especially heard by the resourcing roles - they are not true management ones but transactional and the leadership in place is shocking. strongly recommend you reconsider.
Document Management Specialist (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSOctober 2, 2013
I enjoyed working for this fast paced and dynamic organization
PRA....
Senior In-House Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee), Horsham, PAOctober 1, 2013
The hardest part of the job at PRA was the actual volume that one particular person had to accomplish. The position was 3 jobs in 1. Site Management
2. Document Management
3. Data entry

I learned a lot of different ways to approach study teams when situations were not as they expect or wanted. I always maintained a positive attitude while communicating – more... with site and clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with, The other side of the workplace that I enjoyed was the accomplishments that I made during a trial. Whether it was getting a site approved, in for IRB in time for a deadline or simply just making sure that the client was pleased. – less
Difficult to Get Paid Your True Worth
Clin-Ops (Current Employee), RDUSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: they offer great benefits and incentives such as free breakfast, flexible work hours, the ability to telecommute, and informal working environments.
Cons: the compensation package
It is a great place for young starters hoping to build a professional repertoire without much of a work-life balance. It is very difficult to climb the corporate ladder and the most difficult part is the poor compensation.
Management needs to change
In-house CRA (Current Employee), Horsham, PAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: good pto
Cons: management
Used to be a great company until they got rid of all managers that actually cared about their people. All management cares about now is how much work they can get out of you for as few raises as possible! You will do well as long as you are a mini version of your manager and don't do any independent thinking.

Thought things might get better when a – more... certain VP left but she unfortunately left a legacy of managers just like her behind. – less
the most enjoyable part of the job
PRP Counselor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 14, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Helping people restore and regain hope. OMG! helping people in recovery and helping them with paper work to secure needed documents and entitlements, the volunteer work, outside of the office, community involvement!
Productive and fun workplace
Project Associate (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 14, 2013
PRA is a great company to work for. We are constantly growing and with growth there is ample opportunity to further your career in the CRO world.
Good benefits. Had a variety of tasks but the reorganization of this position will limit the different tasks performed by the CDM.
Clinical Data Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSAugust 5, 2013
I had 7 projects so had a variety of tasks to do for each. Most were in maintenance but two were in start up under new processes. In a day I might review data, resolve queries, updated edit specs and CRF completion guidelines for amendments, etc.

I most enjoyed contact with clients, although that was limited due to the Lead Data Manager position.

1 2 3

About PRA International

PRA International knows it takes more than laboratory research to get drugs approved. The company is a clinical research organization – Read more