PRA Health Sciences

PRA Health Sciences Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very educational experience
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 1, 2014
Cons: no benefits, prn job
Being my first research job, I learned a lot and over-all had a good experience. Throughout my employment at PRA, the corporation was bought out and during that process many things changed. The changed ended up being very confusing for most employees on what their futures look like in the corporation.
Productive and fun place to work with a ping pong table
In-House Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSNovember 5, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, excellent benefits
Cons: monotonous
Lots of emailing doctor's offices, collecting regulatory paperwork. Some data entry work. Management is pretty hands off and no micromanagement.
Cubicle farm with benefits
Document Management Associate (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSOctober 21, 2014
Pros: overtime available, nice people to work with
Cons: overtime necessary to complete work, days can be very repetive, managment isn't consistent
The days in my department were pretty repetitive. Do the same thing scanning documents and filing all day, every day. Liked working with the people. Free bagels and muffins on Fridays. Jeans days every day (although that's changing soon). Free to work without having management standing over you. Good PTO policy and benefits.

Have to work long hours – more... to stay caught up, but don't expect to necessarily be promoted if you're one of the few who do stay caught up. Promotions are plentiful--if you're under 30, have a smoking buddy in management, and happen to be assigned to the right specialized studies. Management can be inconsistent and feedback is limited because of frequent managerial absences. On the plus side for some, making a lot of errors doesn't preclude promotions. – less
n/a
RA (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2014
Typical work day is enjoyable. The staff is friendly and the work load is reasonable.
Grant Specialist (Current Employee), Green Park, MOOctober 14, 2014
The work load is sufficient, the managers are very attentive to the needs and the co-workers are helpful.
No respect, pathetic pay, discriminates hard core
decline (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: recently absorbed by a huge company
Cons: work environment causes suicidal ideation
if you want to be treated like a child, paid pathetically, be completely held back from progress, and disrespected, this place is right for you. HR is a joke, the dead body behind the building one day is a great example of how messed up this place is.
On the Bench
Investigator Document Associate (Current Employee), Fort Washington, PASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: contracted to sponsors
Days are as typical as can be expected for trial management work. I learned about submissions to the IRB and how to manage project work in a timely manor. Managers are great and so are the co-workers.
Fun work place
Clinical Team Manager II (Current Employee), MumbaiAugust 24, 2014
Its great working in PRA with regional exposure. it has been great learning experience.
Exposure is Europe, Asia Pac and Africa.
stay away from Lifetree location in Salt Lake
pre study (Current Employee), salt lake city, utAugust 21, 2014
Pros: wear scrubs to work, colleagues are pretty good
Cons: low pay, pathetic, if any, benefits, hr is incompetent, opportunity for growth is halted by management
they make big promises that never are followed through on
HR person is completely non approachable and fails to take care of basic things, while lacking compassion almost entirely
Pay is stagnant and low
Benefits are with Altius and are a complete joke
They hire from the outside first, leaving no room for growth
Being in a study pays way more than working – more... on a study ever will
After promising several people benefits, a new person was hired with benefits and no one else got them – less
Busy
Payment specialist (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAAugust 11, 2014
extremely busy solid company to work for - fast paced - conservative company traditional culture
collection,high pressure place
Portfolio Recovery Associate (Current Employee), N.richland hills,txAugust 6, 2014
working on very old account,making sure we get pay by the end of every calls
fast paced
Debt Collector (Former Employee), Hutchinson, KSJuly 18, 2014
Pros: pay, free lunch-ins, people
Cons: worked nights and weekends.
Liked doing more than one task at a time and talking to new people every day.
It provide opportunity to grow and gain stability.
Regional Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee), Head Office In North CarolinaJune 26, 2014
Typical day at work is always great. meeting with different professional provided me an environment to learn.
management are doing great by given me the growth and stability I needed in my career. My co-workers are team player, always ready to help out all the time.
I only stay for the Benefits
Document Management Associate (Former Employee), lenexaJune 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: resourcing
I will not go into details as to what my position was, but I can say that when I started there, my training was very sub-par and ended up lasting entirely too long. I was on mandatory overtime within the first few months (we were as a team) in order to work together on one specific project that was assigned to one person. Since one person is assigned – more... enough work for 3 people, they were falling behind, so all hands on deck. I didn't really think much of it, I am a team player and when I have to help out, I don't question it....until I was told to neglect my own work and then I fell behind, which left management questioning my productivity. No matter how well you communicate, no matter how much you work or how hard you work, all that management cares about is the "metrics" which is essentially a measurement of the amount of work you do within the current 30-day period. If your work falls beyond that, any work that you complete does not count towards your metrics since it is beyond the 30-days, therefore they have no record that you produced any work. It's so frustrating. I have also noticed that they are very choosy with the promotions and growth within the company. In our department (document management) there is little to no growth. I could go on and on and on but I could tell you that mandatory overtime is a real thing, overtime is expected and not really optional (although they want to pretend like it is) and this place is becoming a joke. I will say though, you can insure your family for around $260 a month with an $800 deductible, free generic prescriptions and very low co-pays. You also get 10 paid holidays and a generous amount of PTO (6.63 hours per pay period) and it starts accruing up on employment. Great 401k as well. They are all on paper too, by the way. WAY behind other CRO's and low-paying in comparison too. – less
IHCRA
In House Clinical Research Associate I (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSMay 23, 2014
I have worked with PRA for 10 months and have enjoyed the company. My position at PRA is reviewing and processing of regulatory documents.
Not for fulltime employment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSFebruary 25, 2014
I did learn a few things while employed here, the training for the position was poor, I was sure of what to do most of the time while there and had to constantly ask "what am I suppose to be doing" I was very confused and this made it very difficult to know my position. Co-workers were ok for the most part.
Productive energtic workplace
Digital Blocker (Former Employee), Chester, VAFebruary 10, 2014
A typical day would include operating on an assembly line ensuring that lens were the right size shape and color. I learned how to work on a team as well as independent, time management and organization. Co- workers were friendly and always willing to help as well as accept help from myself. The hardest part of the job was making sure I was accurate, – more... however once I got comfortable with the flow of duties, I was fine. The best part of the job is the face-paced environment. I like to stay busy and this was a great job for that. – less
Micromanagement
Clinical Research Associate II (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJanuary 29, 2014
Did not get managed properly. No extra training with regard to furthering my ultimate goal of being a Lead CRA.
work life balance
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee), Regional - United StatesNovember 25, 2013
Pros: great company
Cons: line management not responsive
Work to life balance was over whelming. on site 22 days a month.
Great Experience
Vice President - IT (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 21, 2013
Most strategic challenge. Closest relationship to clinical operations than previous gigs

1 2 3

About PRA Health Sciences

The story of PRA Health Sciences would naturally talk about how we’ve become one of the world’s largest CROs. It would – Read more