PPG Industries

PPG Industries Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work for established professionals
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: work-life balance, benefits, colleagues, brands
Cons: career advancement, location
• work-life balance is great
• management is pretty good -- they give you authority to get your job done
• co-workers were fantastic -- best team of people I've worked with
• worst part of the job -- not many opportunities for career advancement
You're just a number, management hasn't got a clue
Account Development Manager (Former Employee), TennesseeAugust 25, 2013
Pros: company car, gas card
Cons: unrealistic expectations, products priced too high
Be careful of this one boys and girls. Extremely number orientated and can be micromanaged. PPG will never displace Sherwin Williams as the number one coatings provider. "Retail" pricing is a joke and makes potential customers walk out of the store shaking their heads. Store managers are scared to death of overrides so if you haven't put a price in – more... for one of your customers or have a new customer they will typically get charged too much, get mad and then go to the competition. Budgets go up every year regardless of market conditions with no rhyme or reason. Store group managers and Sales managers but heads on PC and top line sales. Plus you never have cost but are expected to maintain margins, kind of hard to do when you only have half of the equation. It's paint people,not plutonium! – less
A strong company
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 23, 2013
The best part of working here were the great people that made up the organization.
great place to work,learn,and advance
OPERATOR/DRIVER (Former Employee), Evansville, IN.Works #28August 22, 2013
Pros: most of skills aquired there, paid for childs education.
Depended on position you aquired through in house bid system.
Entry level general labor,clean floors,line conveyors,equipment,and
product,to line loader,inspector,stacker cold end process,to loader,inspector,packer,hot end process.All processes you learned
focus, and attention to detail.Spent 10yrs.operating forktruck,ship-
ing &recieving,and line support.Back – more... to production as silkscreen
operator in laminating process.Had to learn cold end,hot end processes for purpose of relief for operator lunch,and breaks.
Oppertunity to bid on operator position,from which i retired.Most enjoyable part of job constantly learning,and improveing ability to
produce quality products. – less
As a company PPG Industries has good benefits and culture, however the culture of the Achitectural Division is one of favoritism and an atmosphere of
Account Development Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 22, 2013
Pros: good benefits and car allowance
Cons: the lack of proffesionalism from management.
Management is clueless of the market conditions and does not give enough praised to the employees. most co-worker have a low moral and no desire to help others. the hardest part is the lack of human resources ability in the part of management. Meeting clients and providing a good customer service was the best part of the job.
Very stable company
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: free sodas & snacks
Cons: there is no room for advancement
Working for this company have showed me the meaning of "loyalty".
Spray painter
Spray painter in Maruti Service (Former Employee), IndiaAugust 9, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I was working in Kothari Hyundai Service Pune India ,
the most famous Hyundai Dealer in Customer satisfaction.
Aggressive Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 29, 2013
PPG is a worldwide corporation that is very aggressive in its growth.
Bad Management
Inventory Control/Forecasting Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 16, 2013
My co-workers are great but they do not pay attention to the workload they give their employees. "Do more with Less" is the approach for PPG.
terrable
Packer/winder/forklift operator (Former Employee), shelby,ncJuly 8, 2013
The people was great but the job and hours are terrible. hard to have an outside life for kids.
Great place to work.
Business Development Representative - DFW, Texas (Current Employee), Dallas/Fort Worth, TexasJuly 6, 2013
Pros: ok
Cons: short lunches, healthcare
An awesome supervisor. A larger manufacturing paint and coating company with a lot of growth.
Contractor
Research Lab Technician (Current Employee), PittsburghJuly 2, 2013
Pros: relaxing
Cons: low pay, no job security
I'm a contractor. I wish PPG would hire me.
I really like working in a research lab.
It was a fun place to work because the money, and benefits, were great and management was good too.
Machine Operator/Trainer (Former Employee), Lexington, NCJuly 1, 2013
Pros: lunches, and breaks, were free and medical insurance was great with a small co-paid and deduction every month
Cons: short breaks..
A typical day is getting as much work done and staying ahead in a fast pace of operating machines, making good quality work learning to satisfy customers as you working alone side a hard working co-worker makes it easier,, working with people and getting to know them makes a working environment a good place to work,, the hardest part the machine operation – more... is learning to recognized a problem with the machine,,it's a good feeling when at the end of the day you have complete a finish good quality product. – less
flexible work hours, excellent lunch room facilities
factory hand (Former Employee), Clayton south, Melbourne, VictoriaJune 28, 2013
Pros: great management, variety of lunch opitions, flexiable work hours
Cons: short term assignment
fantastic place to work but unfortunately was only a temporary assignment until union EBA was finalised
productive and interesting place to work. Supervisor was wonderful to work for.
Lab Technician II (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 27, 2013
Pros: great co-workers and lunches with the supervisor.
Cons: lab space and spraybooth time
A typical day I would start work at 5am. I would turn on my computer and open project work files to see what project(s) my supervisor had assigned me for the day or week. I would make copy of project details and include in my lab book. I would begin to seek all materials needed for the project. After gathering materials for
project, I would do what – more... the project asked of me. Testing and data taking were critical to the project(s).
I learned alot about pigments and their behavior in different resin systems. I learned how important it was to follow instructions. Evaluating e xisting and new products depended on adding the right amounts.
Management was a great help. My supervisor was always willing to assist or advise on a project. My co-workers were great to work with. As a team, we were awesome. Projects met deadlines.
We were more then willing to help team members with their research.
The hardest part of the job was finding lab space and a spray booth. The lab was small and technicians had to share lab and booth space. It all work out. Technicians would inform other technicians when they would be done on the booth or work are.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the team members. I truly
enjoyed my co-workers. We became great friends at and away from work. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Credit Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 26, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: limited career advancement
A majority of the time was spend doing credit reviews on new and existing customers. I learned a lot about analyzing business and personal credit reports. I also became adept at reading audited financial statements. I enjoyed working with customers and other internal departments. They create a great work environment.
Good Company
Operations Manager/Sales (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 22, 2013
Pros: good company
Cons: sold company unit
Good Company and I liked working there.
Good Company and I liked working there
Friendly Environment
Chemist (Current Employee), Allison Park PAJune 20, 2013
Pros: flexible start time
I really enjoy the flexible work times and friendly environment. Still gaining a better understanding of certain aspects of the company, co-workers are eager to teach.
Good place to work, just not a lot of room to advance.
Technical Support (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJune 20, 2013
PPG people are great to work with. We provide tech support to Chrysler on PPG paint and supplies. Inventory supplies and test paint for viscoity to insure proper flow through robots. Also test units for apperances.
Excellent company with good benefits.
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PAJune 17, 2013
Excellent company with good benefits. Enjoyed the work atmosphere.

About PPG Industries

PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG) is a global supplier of protective and decorative coatings. The Company operates in six segments: Performance – Read more