PPG Industries

PPG Industries Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great people, growing company
Specialist Business Development Manager (Former Employee), CanadaAugust 26, 2014
Great people, growing company, enjoyed my time there would be happy to work for PPG again!
Company tried it's best to insure happiness on the job.
Lead Hand (Former Employee), 885 Avonhead Rd. Mississaug, Ontario.October 29, 2013
Pros: access to intranet service within ppg over other personal.
Cons: limited to access regarding the internet.
Assign work to pickers. Print copies of shipping documents. Interact on telephone with customer service personal. Interact with shipping companies and organize shipments. Interact with management. Receive documents before allowing unloading of materials by warehouse personal. Deal with problems and solve them. I enjoyed the interaction and leadership – more... roles. Brain storming with management about improvements in regards to shipments, safety, productivity, etc. – less
Overall decent company
AR Analyst (Current Employee), TorontoJuly 31, 2013
Co-workers are good.
Very flexible
Benefits are good.
Management is good.
Part-time
Administrative Assistant to Branch Manager (Former Employee), WinnipegMarch 1, 2013
I worked in the Data Entry Dept. in the evenings.
This Dept was closed down when the company fell on hard times.
Little advancement but interesting projects
Manager, Small Order Department (Former Employee), Springdale, PaOctober 20, 2014
PPG was a fun place to work with exciting project but an older workforce with very little salary increases or options for advancement. They are aiming to be a coatings company in the paint race to the bottom.
Contractor with little opportunity for advancement due to diversity requirements.
Inside Sales Support, Commercial Coatings (Current Employee), Strongsville, OhioOctober 19, 2014
Pros: positive work environment.
Cons: contractor, 104 mile daily commute, no benefits.
Commercial Coatings
Inside Sales Support, Commercial Coatings

• Lead/prospect generator. Secure leads and forward to territory representatives.
• Outbound calls, recording interactions with clients and respective PPG representatives to
better match their future needs and sales potential.
• Prepare reports, administrative duties, tracking, reporting, – more... and communicating results with
sales force, updating existing online database tool. Maintaining numerous spreadsheets for
projects.
• Self motivated, capable of working with little supervision, creating and processing new ideas to
ensure success of program.
• Manage a spreadsheet, develop metrics for business to review program progress, establish
new ideas from previous work experience. – less
Good place to work while passing through
Inside sales (Current Employee), Somewhere, USAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: lousy quality of life, benefits and managerial support.
The position itself is good with great co-workers.

Little to no room for advancement beyond store manager.

Your day starts before 7am and ends sometime after 5pm with little or no breaks.

Management makes stores stay open on holidays while taking the days off. (Memorial day,4th of July, labor day, day after thanksgiving, etc...)

My favorite part – more... is helping customers, educating them on products and seeing them through their projects.

The hardest part is wading through upper management droppings to help customer. – less
Chemist (Current Employee), PAOctober 11, 2014
Worked in laboratory environment. Day varied depending upon which experiment was ran. Management was competent and willing to work with me on issues. Co workers were always willing to help. Most difficult part of the job was not getting the results I wanted on my experiments. Most enjoyable part was the free reign I had on tasks to be completed that – more... day. – less
Very good company
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 11, 2014
Excellent place to work except you would do a design in the office say 2 years and then go to the field site for a year or longer. Not very good for family life.
• This work included auxiliary and main electrical equipment for various window glass, steel and mining projects
• Glass industry: electric furnace heat control, detectors for moving glass – more... (conveyors and turn tables)
• Steel industry: a PLC controlled iron ore palletizing plant (manual/automatic/PLC control modes on about 600 motors for conveyors, ball mills, crushers, ancillary equipment such as conveyor emergency stop and plugged chute switches)
• Mining industry: service elevator and skip hoists, lightning protection, proximity and photocell limit switches. – less
good people to work with in management
Chemical Operator (Current Employee), Mojave, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: alot of hours to work
Cons: alot of hours to work
ppg is a great company to work with. great opportunity to grow with the company which is a good quality to find in a company.
promises promises, more like lies and lies
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), west coastSeptember 28, 2014
Cons: all lies, managment is full of them selfs
I gave up a good job for PPG, not a great job but it was a good for what turns out to be the most dead end job ive ever had!
Financially secure company.
Account Development Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: benefits, 401k, insurance.
Cons: one mistake and you are out of a job.
My day would start at 7am at the store location doing computer work, sage, price quotes. That to be successful you need to continually be growing your business while maintaining the business that you currently have. Management was hands on as long as you reached out to them. My co-workers were the best, very friendly and supportive. Juggling all the – more... accounts I had over 300 accounts and growing. The people by far was the best part of this job from co-workers to customers. – less
C+ kinda company
Wrapper (Former Employee), Shelby, North CarolinaSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: you get two free breaks and one break they take out your check
Cons: drama, money, management
i was hired through a temp service GCA. worked there for 9 months for they let me go. overall the job is good other than the management. alot of drama with females. 9.00 is not alot of money to be making a hour to put up with this kinda job. but you can use this job as a stepping stone to getting a better job.
Very busy place with lots of overtime.China does alot of out side work.Resulting in downsizing workforce and three shift into two shifts.
Wearhouser/forklift Driver (Former Employee), Chillicothe, OHSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: holyday lunch, free soda day, popsicles on the hot days, gatorade.
Cons: very cold in winter/very hot in the summer.to much time away from family
Always a full and busy day. Many a day turn into overtime to get the daily demand met.
One always starts at the beginner stage of packer/glass. Work your way in time to all other areas. And then trained in areas on forklift and other heavy equipment; Drexel ;TSP; Picker.
Very few jobs are performed alone.
The hardest is heavy lifting daily for long – more... hrs. for weeks before shifting areas.
The better part of the 31 yrs. was when I got to relax operating forklift duties. – less
Wonderful Employment
Lead Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: cupcake thursdays!!
Everyday I woke up ready for work. I loved working at PPG-Maternal Fetal Medicine!
I would always arrive 15 to 20 minutes early to work everyday, so I would have plenty of time to prep before my first patient arrived. My duties included, but not limited to, checking in/checking out patients, creating/registering demographics, attaining patient(s) vitals, – more... assisting the physician with in-office procedures, phlebotomy, answering phone calls, pre-certification for any/all ultrasounds/procedures, advising patient(s) of lab/blood work results, and ensured all equipment was up to code with health standards. I always took the time to understand my patient(s) and would show empathy for their most upsetting circumstances.
I also became very failure in working with EMR, Webchart, and Epic.
Epic was a new addition added in 2012. This was defiantly a new challenge that included many struggles for the entire office, however, it reaped many positives and I am truly grateful for becoming familiar with this new computer program that will eventually be made available world wide.
I loved working alongside my co-works who were equally serious about their working roles and showed much professionalism.
I really enjoy working for my patient(s) and always look for new projects to challenge myself. I never want my day to become mundane. I welcome new obstacles and problem solving issues – less
Nice job but too conservative.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Altamont, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: good compensation, lots of overtime and worked day shift and holidays off
Cons: too conservative, not open to new ideas
They were not open to new ideas on how to better serve the employees and their company. Very conservative and stuck in their ways. The job was ok.
Export Manager/ Key Account Manager (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPSeptember 3, 2014
Account Management
Export Orders
Busy working environment
Lack of production planning
Excellent work place
Central Purchasing Buyer/Store Support (Current Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 11, 2014
Pros: excellent learning experience
Store support/orders processing
I have gained knowledge in the following areas:
Spray Equipment
Sundries
Inventory Control
systems processing
assistant manager
Territory Manager (Former Employee), bocaAugust 10, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: hours and pay
cool job but hard work for little pay. staff was fun. but customers are very arogant.
A very busy and productive work place
Store Manager (Current Employee), E. Norriton, PAAugust 7, 2014
As a store manager your response for multiple aspect of the store:
Inventory
Staffing
Training
Customer Service

Some of the more job specific task are:
Matching color for customers
Recommend products for customer based on needs
Customer service calls to customers daily

1 2 3 4 5

About PPG Industries

PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG) is a global supplier of protective and decorative coatings. The Company operates in six segments: Performance – Read more