PPG Industries

PPG Industries Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great people, growing company
Specialist Business Development Manager (Former Employee), CanadaAugust 26, 2014
Great people, growing company, enjoyed my time there would be happy to work for PPG again!
Company tried it's best to insure happiness on the job.
Lead Hand (Former Employee), 885 Avonhead Rd. Mississaug, Ontario.October 29, 2013
Pros: access to intranet service within ppg over other personal.
Cons: limited to access regarding the internet.
Assign work to pickers. Print copies of shipping documents. Interact on telephone with customer service personal. Interact with shipping companies and organize shipments. Interact with management. Receive documents before allowing unloading of materials by warehouse personal. Deal with problems and solve them. I enjoyed the interaction and leadership – more... roles. Brain storming with management about improvements in regards to shipments, safety, productivity, etc. – less
Overall decent company
AR Analyst (Current Employee), TorontoJuly 31, 2013
Co-workers are good.
Very flexible
Benefits are good.
Management is good.
corporate environment with plenty of room for growth
sales associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: corporate
Overall good place to work, corporate environment can be a little thick. Benefits are good, love the advancement opportunities.
Produtive and serious work place
Lead Mulco Operator (Current Employee), Temple, TXNovember 16, 2014
There are days that the labor is really easy and there are times that the machines are running poorly. My partner and I on the line have to sign off the paper work to make sure that we are packaging the correct tubes, lids and product. The hardest part of the job is working in the summer because it gets really hot inside the warehouse and during the – more... winter it's just as bad as the weather outside. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting off of work for me but to be honest working with someone that has a sense of humor. – less
Good Work Enviroment
Chemist (Former Employee), Delaware, OHNovember 14, 2014
The commute was too much for me to keep the position but it was one that utilized many different chemical tests to ensure product stability. Very enjoyable.
A good place to work if you are lazy
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), CorneliousNovember 13, 2014
Pros: easy going work environement
Cons: they do not promote from with in
Worked very hard and enjoyed working with the contractors and public. they do not hire from with in. They look outside for openings.
Good Job
shipping and receiving (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXNovember 13, 2014
Good Job to work for and good job security and friendly staff
Introduction to Career Life
QC - Lab Technician (Former Employee), WisconsinNovember 10, 2014
Company seems to have its heart in the right place. However, many of us were hired on as temporary workers and given no benefits to speak of. On top of that I spoke with a few people who worked there who had been let go only to be hired back on at less pay and no benefits.

While I don't think this defines the company it certainly wasn't a selling point – more... for me.

On a positive note it was a nice industrial lab experience for myself and the starting pay was up to my standard. – less
Fun Job
sales associate (Former Employee), College Station, TexasNovember 9, 2014
Pros: easy
Cons: boring
Co-workers not looking to excel at their jobs

Easy manual labor job

worked here while in college

management too friendly with workers

inappropriate coworker/ customer relationships
Analytic Technician
Senior Lab Technician (Former Employee), Allison Park, PAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: some travel involved to evaluate air quality. air quality liaison.
Cons: no cons.
Performed testing in analytic group including chromatography and wet chemistry. Comprehensive report writing as well as routine work.
A great place to work for several years
Creel Tender, machine operator, inspector packer, (Former Employee), Shelby, NCOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits, company bowling, softball and banquets.
Cons: itchy fiberglass
I started out working three different shifts. Working the three different shifts was a plus. A typical day was working to get your production which was not bad at all.
I learned to work well with others and I learned several different job while at PPG.
The management team was great at the beginning but there are always going to be some that have to – more... change things.
I only had a few problems from some of my co-workers and they were in-laws.
The hardest part of the job was trying to keeping the fiberglass strands running continuously when there were different binder type tested on the fiberglass.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when everyone did their part of the job, production was met and everyone left the job satisfied. – less
Slow Warehouse
Material Handler (Former Employee), Huron, OHOctober 28, 2014
Slow warehouse, managers were not effective, short lunch breaks
Challenging work environment
Pro Sales Representative (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 26, 2014
Good place to work.
Fair benefits
Good management
Company car
Communal work environment.
Inside Sales Support, Commercial Coatings (Current Employee), Strongsville, OhioOctober 26, 2014
Pros: enjoyable working environment.
Cons: contractor: no benefits, no holiday pay, 104 mile daily communte, seeking to be an employee and shorter daily commute.
Commercial Coatings
Inside Sales Support, Commercial Coatings

• 800 + prospect/leads to the sales force.
• 100 + outbound calls average per day.
• Lead/prospect generator. Secure leads and forward to territory representatives.
• Outbound calls, recording interactions with clients and respective PPG representatives to
better match their future needs – more... and sales potential.
• Prepare reports, administrative duties, tracking, reporting, and communicating results with
sales force, updating existing online database tool. Maintaining numerous spreadsheets for
projects.
• Self motivated, capable of working with little supervision, creating and processing new ideas to
ensure success of program.
• Manage a spreadsheet, develop metrics for business to review program progress, establish
new ideas from previous work experience. – less
Not a bad job
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2014
Good company overall to work for. Benefits are very good. Profit sharing/401 is very good as well. I enjoyed the job for the length that I was employed by ICI/Akzo Nobel/PPG Inc. However they are the only company I have ever worked for (or even heard of) that refused to pay unused vacation time at the time of separation.
Little advancement but interesting projects
Manager, Small Order Department (Former Employee), Springdale, PaOctober 20, 2014
PPG was a fun place to work with exciting project but an older workforce with very little salary increases or options for advancement. They are aiming to be a coatings company in the paint race to the bottom.
Good Place to Work
Systems Software Programmer I (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits, current technology
Cons: some teams are understaffed, work / life balance can be tough
- Good pay and benefits
- Current technology
- Some teams are understaffed
- work / life balance can be tough
Contractor with little opportunity for advancement due to diversity requirements.
Inside Sales Support, Commercial Coatings (Current Employee), Strongsville, OhioOctober 19, 2014
Pros: positive work environment.
Cons: contractor, 104 mile daily commute, no benefits.
Commercial Coatings
Inside Sales Support, Commercial Coatings

better match their future needs and sales potential.
• Prepare reports, administrative duties, tracking, reporting, – more... and communicating results with
projects.
ensure success of program.
new ideas from previous work experience. – less
Good place to work while passing through
Inside sales (Current Employee), Somewhere, USAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: lousy quality of life, benefits and managerial support.
The position itself is good with great co-workers.

Little to no room for advancement beyond store manager.

Your day starts before 7am and ends sometime after 5pm with little or no breaks.

Management makes stores stay open on holidays while taking the days off. (Memorial day,4th of July, labor day, day after thanksgiving, etc...)

My favorite part – more... is helping customers, educating them on products and seeing them through their projects.

The hardest part is wading through upper management droppings to help customer. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About PPG Industries

PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG) is a global supplier of protective and decorative coatings. The Company operates in six segments: Performance – Read more