PPG Industries Employee Review

View all PPG Industries reviews

Productive and rewarding place at PPG Industries
Lineman (Former Employee) –  3333 S. Peach Ave. Fresno, CA 937255 August 2014
A typical day at work was being assigned to a work station and making sure the product was stacked correctly without any breakage. I learned how to operate machinery to fulfill my job task as far as operating and maintaining machinery that automatically stacked glass and operated a special forklift that transferred large sheets of glass from one place to another.
Management made sure things ran smoothly during the work-shift. I found that people in management knew their job well and had been working for the company for 15 to 25 years.
My co-workers were very helpful in supporting me while I was employed and very friendly The majority of them had been working there for over 20 years and were getting ready to retire. The hardest part of the job was working double shifts when I was picked. Especially if I had worked the graveyard shift that night.
The most enjoyable part of job was working with fellow employees who were of help and support and receiving a weekly paycheck.
Pros
The pay was very good and the fellow employees were helpful.
Cons
The weekly work-shift changes were hard to get used to. The first week would be a day shift, second week would be swing shift and third week would be a graveyard shift.

Other PPG Industries Employee Reviews

Its a great place. Everybody knows their role when orders are recieved. Customer satisfaction is great.
All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Massade industrial estate Gros Islet St.Lucia20 July 2017
Its eaay to get along and learn what is being done once you're focused and willing to work. The team taught me how to read the mixing labels. I soon began mixing paints on my own
Pros
Friendly, willing to teach about the products sold, offer educational handouts, a data base of each customer is kept
Cons
Sometimes because of the demands shorter time must be taken for breaks
Great people
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 May 2017
I worked with glass, putting primer on and sending down line. I also did inspecting, making sure glass wasn't chipped and primer was in all the right spots. The people I worked with made the job better. It was an inviting workplace.
Pros
The people
Cons
Company closed down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PPG Industries. Our community is ready to answer.