PPG Industries Employee Reviews

Its a great place. Everybody knows their role when orders are recieved. Customer satisfaction is great.
All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Massade industrial estate Gros Islet St.Lucia20 July 2017
Its eaay to get along and learn what is being done once you're focused and willing to work. The team taught me how to read the mixing labels. I soon began mixing paints on my own
Pros
Friendly, willing to teach about the products sold, offer educational handouts, a data base of each customer is kept
Cons
Sometimes because of the demands shorter time must be taken for breaks
Great people
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 May 2017
I worked with glass, putting primer on and sending down line. I also did inspecting, making sure glass wasn't chipped and primer was in all the right spots. The people I worked with made the job better. It was an inviting workplace.
Pros
The people
Cons
Company closed down
Management gets out of your way
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario14 February 2017
This company moves fast and it keeps you agile. There is tons of room for creativity, empowerment and ownership. Like any large company, things come down to profitability and sustainability and those without good business acumen, will struggle. All this being said, people are appreciated and recognized.

There is great internal competition and that keeps us constantly pushing for better. I'm extremely happy here.
Pros
Autonomy, Opportunity to lead, Excellent customers and Amazing staff.
Cons
Lingering AkzoNobel mentality slows us down at times.
lack of direction
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  British Columbia12 October 2016
USed to be a great place to work but micro managing has gotten out of hand. no time to do the job i was originally hired for. new management show no drive and only look out for themselves and do not support field
Building relationships and sales
Territory Manager, Eastern Ontario (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2016
Thoroughly enjoy working with people at different levels of the organization at Lowe's and building relationships. Currently cover 18 stores which I travel between.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Wide geographic area - long drive times
Productivity is the main Pillar with all the perks.
Cooperative Internship (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 February 2016
A very good experience.Enhancing knowledge in web application development, sales, time management skills, etc. Co-Workers were all awesome and team spirit is excellent.
Monthly Safety Prevention
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 November 2015
Every year we conduct safety measure like fire drill, health management. We always remind us about the safety, hazardous chemical that we using everyday of work. Employee there are friendly helpful specially if you a new employee they will not hesitate to help you to do it right.
Pros
free fruits every thursday
Great staff, Requires better salaries
Sales Representative/Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON15 June 2015
A typical day at Dulux runs from 9:30-6 (FT)
You learn a lot about the industry and how to handle contractors. Management and staff are great and make for a friendly environment.
Stores Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON27 March 2015
Superior management as well as great people to work for and with. Very competent coworkers made the job enjoyable and interesting. A great learning experience
It is a good company.
Production Execution Clerk (Former Employee) –  8200 Kelle Street9 December 2014
I was responsible for the accuracy of the inventory movement.
I learnt to meet tight deadlines to the daily & monthly reports.
The management team was strict.
My co-workers were very friendly to work as a team.
Prepared to meet some challenging sales target.
Every month, I got good salary to enjoy.
Pros
Co-workers were very nice.
Cons
Meet tight deadlines.
great people, growing company
Specialist Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada26 August 2014
Great people, growing company, enjoyed my time there would be happy to work for PPG again!
Company tried it's best to insure happiness on the job.
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  885 Avonhead Rd. Mississaug, Ontario.29 October 2013
Assign work to pickers. Print copies of shipping documents. Interact on telephone with customer service personal. Interact with shipping companies and organize shipments. Interact with management. Receive documents before allowing unloading of materials by warehouse personal. Deal with problems and solve them. I enjoyed the interaction and leadership roles. Brain storming with management about improvements in regards to shipments, safety, productivity, etc.
Pros
Access to intranet service within PPG over other personal.
Cons
Limited to access regarding the internet.
Overall decent company
AR Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto31 July 2013
Co-workers are good.
Very flexible
Benefits are good.
Management is good.
Part-time
Administrative Assistant to Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg1 March 2013
I worked in the Data Entry Dept. in the evenings.
This Dept was closed down when the company fell on hard times.