PPD (Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc.)

PPD (Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc.) Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Be Organize
Senior Project (Former Employee), MadridDecember 11, 2014
Pros: learn about clinical trials
Cons: high volume of mails
Most important of clinical trials is patient safety. Working in different projects at the same time, different pathologies, different protocols, different forms, SOPs and client requirements required very good organizative skills to compile with Good Clinical practice.

Each project will have their deadlines and it is important to be able to deal with – more... a few deadlines during the same week or evens same day. Apart from your day to day work: calls, trainings, data base locks, meetings, there are multiple urgent requests along the day.

So be a very well organize person and be able to manage your time are key points on this role. – less
Lab Work
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Athlone, WHNovember 19, 2014
Pros: vhi, cheap gym membership, cycle to work scheme
A typical day at work involves all tasks described in my job description.

I have learned alot about lab safety, SOP's, LIMS and how to wash inhalation equipment and how they test different products and all different aspects of the groups within PPD.

My co-workers are helpful and friendly to work with.

The hardest part of the job is that some duties, – more... such as washing can be monotous. – less
very stressful
Associate Scientist - Cell Based Assays (Current Employee), Wayne, PAOctober 31, 2014
The work was very stressful. The people were nice. Job security was poor.
Strong company with management issues
Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCOctober 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, co-workers, it support
Cons: work/life balance, management
This is a strong company with integrity that continues to improve and expand. In the past few years, the focus on personnel has changed from being personal to production based. Additionally, production expectation has skyrocketed while continued perfection in quality is maintained. Thus, meeting timelines is quite stressful and work/life balance has – more... increasingly been dominated by work into the evenings and on the weekends. This is a sad change from the department atmosphere where employees and management had time for socialization to improve team and department attitudes, share work ideas, and improve work performance.
My experience with management was plagued with poor mentorship, lack of assistance for advancement, and finally, misguidedly pre-judged into a specific category. There are excellent managers in our department. Unfortunately, I was not assigned to one.
PPD offers a variety of activities for employees and many self improvement classes for those who have the time to take advantage of them.
Finally, I had several awesome co-workers/team members who willingly shared others workload and were always available to discuss problem issues. Unfortunately, there are many others who will "throw you under the bus" to appear more efficient and impress management. This is par in most companies now and a sad reflection of job performance evaluations. – less
CRO (Current Employee), Ukraine, KievOctober 20, 2014
Cons: healthcare
PPD
- experience of transferred project to other CRO
- involvement in clinical trials as administrative staff of the clinical monitoring team in urinary tract infection, rheumatoid arthritis and Crohn’s disease studies
- distribution, tracking and reporting of site customization forms and site satisfaction surveys
- requires communication with project – more... manager, project team, and study sites to address and resolve issues with projects
- track and document program metrics – less
Very Productive and a Nice Place to work
Senior Data Processing Technician (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCOctober 9, 2014
Pros: very flexible
Cons: no cons
PPD is a very nice place to work. EMployees worked well together to meet deadline, and production.
Great Entry Level Job
Project Assistant (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PASeptember 14, 2014
Great for entry level work; great management; great work environment; LOTS of work
Worst place I have worked in my nursing career
Consultant nurse (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: not required to work on weekends or take call.
Cons: poor management, micro-managed by inexperienced people, no opportunity for career advancement, low pay scale, required to work overtime every 2 weeks
I left a job after 31 years to come here as well as took a huge cut in pay Biggest career mistake I have ever made.
I did not stay here a whole year.
The management was horrible to me as well as select other employees.
My coworkers were great and very helpful but that is where it stopped. I couldn't wait to get out the door and never look back!
PPD has really grown since I joined in 1997.
Pharmaceutical Product Development Wilmington (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCSeptember 2, 2014
Great Company to work for in today's enviroment. I am responsible for 25 million in Air travel. This job presents a new challenge everday. Our online booking system is used throughout Norh America and Canada and my office is responsible for its fulfillment requirements. We never have a dull moment.
Productive and career driven place
Research Coordination Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 27, 2014
PPD Inc. is a great company to work for and i enjoyed it. I believe it is time to move on and work in a different career path.
Great working ex
Clinical Site Manager (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great learning
Cons: work pressure
it was great working experience in PPD. It was a great learning experience. spend almost 3.5 years in company and it was great. Training are to good
Good place to work but pay is below average
Pharmaceutical Product Development (Current Employee), Middleton, WIAugust 20, 2014
Pros: flexibility, paid time off, learning/experience opportunities, friendly
Cons: low wages
The work environment is friendly and professional. The work/life balance was poor in the last few years (2010-2013) but is improving. The hours are super flexible and the vacation time is very good. The benefits are probably average, but the wages are below average.
Good place to start a career in Clinical trials
Clinical Data Associate II (Current Employee), Smolensk, RussiaAugust 18, 2014
To start working at one of the "titans" of clinical industry is a chance to get great experience for further career development. Due to various department, people and cultures gets a good communication practice.
Good place to start a career in Clinical trials
Clinical Data Associate II (Current Employee), Smolensk, RussiaAugust 18, 2014
Medical Data Entry, dealing with highly confidential documents
Data Processing Technician (Former Employee), Scotland, UKAugust 18, 2014
Performed tracking, scanning, indexing and data entry following study specific guidelines.
Quality control activities and assists in the archiving of study documentation
Supports the training team and management

Above listed was daily tasks carried out by myself. Whilst it was a small delegated task list, it required confidentiality and concentration – more... of a high volume of documents that required entry from paper form copy into the company database. Whilst it was a high pressure job I enjoyed it as I prided myself on the numbers I turned out daily with the highest quality. – less
Good money and meaningful work
Pharmaceutical Product Development, Phase I (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 3, 2014
Fresh out of college, I've found this place pretty nice overall. The work if important, as it effects the outcome of clinical studies conducted by pharma companies worldwide. Consequently, the pay isn't bad either. For most entry level positions, it can be very monotonous, and in shipping there is a slight atmosphere of aggression, but it's worth it.
after 10 years my department was sent off-shore
Senior Coding Specialist (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJuly 29, 2014
I loved working on new medications and devices. I worked long days but enjoyed what did and received wonderful reviews
average to work
Principal CRA (Contract) (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 8, 2014
good training
not very good supervisors
work not appreciated
Comfortable professional atmosphere.
Support Services Technician (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCJune 11, 2014
My view of working at PPD is that there's a lot of collaberating and team work in the department that I was in. Everyone communicated well with one another in order to complete the daily tasks. In addition I noticed that they kept their staff trained properly. The department I was in we very well organized in who doing what with the amount of work that – more... was present every morning. They have a cafe whice was great, I really didn't have to run out for lunch much. The parking was great as well, plenty of room for employees to park. The pay just wasn't that great. – less
Innovative Technology Limited Funding
Business Systems Analyst II (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCJune 11, 2014
Pros: good benefits, management with open door policy and flexible work location
Cons: limited budgets for projects and lack of internal promotions
While the innovation culture thrives the funding to follow through with ideas has become rather limited. I prefer a work environment where skills are leveraged and employees are challenged. I believe culture that is open new ideas strengthens the employees and the company.

1 2 3 4 5

About PPD (Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc.)

PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing drug discovery, development, lifecycle management and laboratory – Read more