MERCHANDISING REPRESENTATIVE - 3 MONTH CONTRACT
Powerhouse Retail Services is a dynamic and growing company specializing in fashion apparel merchandising services across Canada. We service nationally for vendors representing product in various retailers across Canada representing prestige clients such as Levis, Tommy Hilfiger, Izod, Georgio Armani, Hugo Boss and many other top fashion apparel vendors. We host a national field force of 200+ independent contractors who service our monthly merchandising service calls for our vendors and we are currently looking for a Merchandising Representative to join our dynamic team in many cities across Canada for our busy holiday season.
We are now looking to add some superstars to our Montreal, QC team to service multiple Bay and Sears locations across the city. This seasonal contract has opportunity for extension and/or permanent assignment for the right individual based on performance throughout the 3 month contract.
POSITION : Merchandising Representative
TYPE : 3 month independent contract October - December with opportunity for permanent status based on performance
START DATE : Orientation Week - October 14th, 2013
END DATE : December 27th, 2013
HOURS : 24-32 + hours per week, across 3-4 days Monday-Friday mornings/afternoons only
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Retail store environment, Hudson Bay and Sears various locations
**No evenings, no weekends, hourly pay rate determined as per experience
About this exciting opportunity:
This 3 month seasonal contract is an excellent opportunity for freelance merchandiser specializing in fashion apparel to join Powerhouse for the holiday season working with top brands represented in Hudson's Bay and Sears location throughout Montreal. This is a self employment opportunity which involves completing various merchandising calls and projects which have various deadlines throughout the month. There is flexibility across the Monday to Friday window to schedule in your work given the timeline and deadlines for the service calls or projects.
We are looking for experienced merchandisers who possess the following:
- Fashion Marketing or Merchandising Diploma preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years experience working within fashion apparel merchandising, preferably as a freelancer
- Fully experienced with reading and implementing plan-o-grams, performing shop reflows, POS installs, replenishing, working with project teams and/or autonomously
- Proven ability to improvise and overcome product/store layout barriers to meet visual objectives
- Highly organized with ability to assess priorities and manage workload appropriately
- Experienced working with little supervision while meeting quality standards and meeting project deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to present professionally and build rapport easily
- Strong attention to detail coupled with solid time management and project management skills
- Flexibility to work throughout the week Monday-Friday with ability to work 3-4 days a week, full 8 hour days
- Flexibility to work in various Bay and Sears locations within city as needed
- Computer/tablet, internet access, digital camera/phone camera and own transportation are required
- Must be available for training week starting October 14th
All qualified applicants considered for this self employment opportunity will be contacted for an interview week of September 30th through October 4th.
To apply for this excellent opportunity with Powerhouse please apply on line with resume, which includes your current address or fax resumes to 1-905-273-4697