Position: SEO & Inbound Marketing Intern (Fall 2013)
Location: North York, Toronto, Ontario
Starts: Early September 2013
Status: Full Time
Duration: 3 to 4 Months
Ideally, you're creative and have experience marketing specific products or initiatives. You're good at expressing yourself in writing and speech and you have an eye for design. You've got decent experience with websites and you're passionate about acronyms like ROI, CTR and SMM.
If that's you, skip the rest of this and apply now. If you're missing some of that, keep reading.
Powered by Search is looking for an SEO Intern to join our team. If you have a passion for SEO, PPC, and Web Analytics, as well as a hunger to learn and work with some of the best internet marketers in Canada then we’re looking forward to hearing from you.
While this role is available to all interns, our ideal candidate may become a full-time SEO.
For more information about Powered by Search, please visit www.poweredbysearch.com
You’re going to fit the bill if you have:
- An ambitious self-starter mindset and high work standards.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a genuine curiosity about how consumers search for information.
- Strong computer skills including excellent knowledge of Excel, a basic grasp of web programming and experience with Google (or any) Analytics.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Completed or are in the process of completing university or college studies, preferably in business, new media studies, or a related discipline.
What you’ll be doing:
- Getting unparalleled (and otherwise unavailable) training in the industry
- Shadowing experts in all levels of online marketing, from small business to Enterprise, from on-page optimization to viral content campaigns.
- Managing content creation projects and in-house projects
- Assisting with creating marketing plans for clients
- Doing outreach and getting to know people in various industries
- Researching and implementating SEO tactics
- Analyzing, testing and reporting on results
- Social media marketing
Why work for Powered by Search?
We have been featured in the Globe and Mail, Financial Post, Toronto Star, Profit Magazine, and every major online marketing outlet. We are the only Canadian search marketing agency to take part in the industry-recognized Search Engine Ranking Factors and Local Search Rankings Factors studies. Powered by Search is also a Google AdWords Certified Partner and TopSEOS Best in Local Search.
- If you do a great job, you will be considered for a paid full time SEO Specialist role with our agency.
- Enhance your portfolio by making a relevant impact on the results of our internet marketing consulting activities.
- Regular one on one meetings with the Search Marketing Manager.
- Marketing training and resources will be available to you for free.
10 more reasons to work at Powered by Search:
- Great people – We are ambitious, driven, focused, and team based.
- Unique startup culture – Our passion for internet marketing and our employees is only exceeded by our mission to help our clients succeed.
- Casual dress code – Be comfortable so you can do your best for your clients and your team.
- Powered by Search library – Request a good Internet Marketing book and we’ll buy it.
- We only hire great people, or we don’t hire at all.
- Heavy investment in R&D and tools – We always have budget for tools and technology that places us at the cutting edge of search and social marketing.
- Nerf guns, Foosball table, and office pranks – We make it a fun place to work.
- Personalize your workspace any way you want.
- We focus on results, not effort or time invested.
- We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but only those with qualifications consistent with the job requirements will be contacted.
NOTE: We are not accepting resumes for candidates residing outside Canada. Work at home related or virtual workers resumes will also not be accepted. This internship opening is strictly for candidates who either live in the Greater Toronto Area or are willing to relocate to the Greater Toronto Area from elsewhere in Canada.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but only those with qualifications consistent with the job requirements will be contacted.