Position: Marketing & PR Intern
Location: North York, Toronto, Ontario
Status: Full Time
Duration: 3 to 4 Months
Powered by Search is experiencing rapid growth in our client base and we are looking for an Marketing & PR Intern to join our team. If you have a passion for marketing and media relations, and hunger to learn and work with some of the best internet marketers in Canada then we’re looking forward to hearing from you.
We have been featured in the Globe and Mail, Financial Post, Toronto Star, Profit Magazine, Search Marketing Expo, Search Engine Strategies, Search Engine Journal, Search Engine Land, WebProNews, SEOBook, and Media Post. Recognized by the who’s who of SEO, we are the only Canadian search marketing agency to take part in the industry-recognized Search Engine Ranking Factors and Local Search Rankings Factors Study. Powered by Search is also a Google Adwords Certified Partner and TopSEOS Best in Local Search Company.
For more information about Powered by Search, please visit www.poweredbysearch.com
You’re going to fit the bill if you have:
- An ambitious self-starter mindset and high work standards.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a genuine curiosity about how consumers search for information.
- Strong computer skills including excellent knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Completed or are in the process of completing university or college studies, preferably in business or journalism.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop blog, whitepaper, and social media content.
- Create list of key media contacts and identify media coverage opportunities.
- Assist in the planning and execution of events targeting potential customers.
- Carry out digital photography documenting our agency’s culture.
- Identify and analyzing competitor techniques.
- Contribute your own ideas to the agency’s communications plan and working on their implementation.
Why work for Powered by Search?
Powered by Search Inc. offers its employees with an exciting, fast-paced and challenging experience within one of Canada’s fastest growing companies (ranked #23 in PROFIT HOT 50). Other benefits:
- The internship honorarium consists of paid parking and/or paid TTC pass.
- If you do a great job, you will be considered for a paid full time marketing role with our agency.
- Enhance your portfolio by making a relevant impact on the results of our marketing and PR activities.
- Regular one on one meetings with the Marketing Manager.
- Marketing training resource available to you for free.
10 more reasons to work at Powered by Search:
- Great people – We are ambitious, driven, focused, and team based.
- Unique startup culture – Our passion for internet marketing and our employees is only exceeded by our mission to help our clients succeed.
- Casual dress code – Be comfortable so you can do your best for your clients and your team.
- Powered by Search library – Request a good Internet Marketing book and we’ll buy it.
- Dual-Screen LCD monitors (minimum 22″) for everyone.
- We only hire great people, or we don’t hire at all.
- Heavy investment in R&D and tools – We always have budget for tools and technology that places us at the cutting edge of search and social marketing.
- Nerf guns, Foosball table, and office pranks - We make it a fun place to work.
- Personalize your workspace any way you want.
- We focus on results, not effort or time invested.
- We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but only those with qualifications consistent with the job requirements will be contacted.
NOTE: We are not accepting resumes for candidates residing outside Canada. Work at home related or virtual workers resumes will also not be accepted. This internship opening is strictly for candidates who either live in the Greater Toronto Area or are willing to relocate to the Greater Toronto Area from elsewhere in Canada.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but only those with qualifications consistent with the job requirements will be contacted.