Position: Administrative Assistant
Location: North York, Toronto, Ontario
Status: Part Time (20 Hours/Week)
Powered by Search is experiencing rapid growth in our client base and we are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team. If you have a passion for great customer service, and hunger to learn and work with some of the best internet marketers in Canada then we’re looking forward to hearing from you.
We have been featured in the Globe and Mail, Financial Post, Toronto Star, Profit Magazine, Search Marketing Expo, Search Engine Strategies, Search Engine Journal, Search Engine Land, WebProNews, SEOBook, and Media Post. Recognized by the who’s who of SEO, we are the only Canadian search marketing agency to take part in the industry-recognized Search Engine Ranking Factors and Local Search Rankings Factors Study. Powered by Search is also a Google Adwords Certified Partner and TopSEOS Best in Local Search Company.
You’re going to fit the bill if you’re:
- Driven to accomplish a lot and learn very quickly.
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves to accomplish whatever’s needed.
- Bright, trustworthy, with great problem-solving skills.
- Resourceful, upbeat, and ready to enjoy getting things done on a start-up budget (i.e. you must be frugal and happy about it).
- Able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as computer skills (including a good command of the MS Office suite and ideally some HTML knowledge).
- Start-up or agency experience would be a plus.
- Experience with accounts receivable, accounts payable, and HR (incl. recruiting) would be a plus.
- Access to a car and a driving licence would be a plus.
What you’ll be doing:
- Spread cheer: be the face of the company to the employees and all visitors, answer phone calls, be upbeat always and keep things lively, help organize events such as team dinner.
- Office management: make sure printer ink, paper, soda is in stock, keep office relatively organized, everyday coffee prep.
- Recruiting: post jobs online, screen candidates for basic fit, arrange all phone screens and interview days and follow-up with candidates.
- New hires: develop a streamlined new hire process, make sure employees are 100% set up and productive on their first day.
- Exec. admin.: arrange some of the meetings, do lightweight Word/Powerpoint/Excel preparation and whatever else the CEO needs to keep moving quickly.
- Accounting: accounts receivable and bank deposits.
- Independent tasks: do whatever miscellaneous tasks are needed with minimal guidance, e.g. “get a used but good refrigerator here by Monday for less than $250″.
About this opportunity:
- If you are looking for an exciting, demanding job that provides unique experience and gives you a chance to shine, this presents itself as a great opportunity.
- If you do a great job you may be hired on a full time basis or even moved into an internet marketing role.
- You will report to the CEO.
Why work for Powered by Search?
Powered by Search Inc. offers its employees with an exciting, fast-paced and challenging experience , and the opportunity to grow within one of Canada’s fastest growing companies (ranked #23 in PROFIT HOT 50).
10 more reasons to work at Powered by Search:
- Great people – We are ambitious, driven, focused, and team based.
- Unique startup culture – Our passion for internet marketing and our employees is only exceeded by our mission to help our clients succeed.
- Casual dress code – Be comfortable so you can do your best for your clients and your team.
- Powered by Search library – Request a good Internet Marketing book and we’ll buy it.
- We only hire great people, or we don’t hire at all.
- Heavy investment in R&D and tools – We always have budget for tools and technology that places us at the cutting edge of search and social marketing.
- Nerf guns, Foosball table, and office pranks - We make it a fun place to work.
- Personalize your workspace any way you want.
- We focus on results, not effort or time invested.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but only those with qualifications consistent with the job requirements will be contacted.