POWELL CANADA INC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive & Laid Back Atmosphere
Document Control & Estimating Administrator (Former Employee), Acheson, ABJune 30, 2015
Pros: Work Early, Leave Early
Cons: Not having the database to better document control
On a daily basis I would be working on Document control with a normal four projects at a time. When a bid was required to be submitted I would then work on being an estimating administrator and put a package together.

Getting into Powell was a whole different experience for me as I was a MTR Clerk for Valves. Now I was doing E-house drawings & using our own made spreadsheets for tracking our information.

My managers were always there for me and gave me the knowledge to better myself in my position.

Being the document control Admin, my co-workers were above me that require my help in any way and It was always a friendly atmosphere.
Healthy work culture
Lead Project Manager (Edmonton) (Current Employee), EdmontonMay 12, 2015
Pros: Supportive coworkers
Cons: Long hours
Good working environment.
Supportive management.
Believe in team building culture.

Regular monthly outdoor get together.
Good Workplace
Electrician (Former Employee), Alberta, CanadaApril 29, 2015
Nice work environment. Management and co-workers are very supportive. Learn lots of different work task. Overall I enjoyed to work with this company.
Productive, high priority safety, friendly people
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Acheson, ABMarch 25, 2015
Productive, high priority safety concern,very friendly people.
Worked on night shift on a modular SWG and MCC.
Management well organized.
Great work environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Redwater, ABMarch 19, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
The staff and managers are wonderful they are supportive and flexible with work and family needs. The benefits and salary were very competitive and and the RRSP plan is amazing
New Management needed
Electrician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 18, 2015
Co-workes are great and jobs have lots of potential. Only problem is a lot of people in management don't have the experience needed to make operations run smoothly.
nothing to add
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee), Acheson ABDecember 2, 2014
Pros: ground floor opportunities
Cons: no company structure, training or procedures
Company has on site cafeteria, training lacks, management turnover is continuous
Good wages and benefits
Alberta apprentice (Former Employee), Dawsone Creek BCJuly 16, 2012
Pros: loa
Cons: not paid on time
I was indentured as an apprentice electrician at the Dawson Creek processing plant during the construction phase. While working here I pulled a lot of cable by hand and with a tugger, ran SI heat trace and installed cable tray. On this site safety was a huge part of every work day. Between filling out field level hazard assessments, inspecting fall arrest equipment and all other personal protective equipment, creating a safe work environment was a priority every day on site. There was pay roll issues through out this job and many superior staff were fired or quit as a result. My co-workers for the most part were knowledgeable and gave me plenty of opportunity for hands on learning to expand my knowledge and capabilities as an electrician. The most difficult or dangerous part of this job was the night shift cable pull crew. The part of the job i enjoyed most was learning the electrical trade and the many different aspects of the industrial environment. I look forward to becoming a well rounded electrician with experience in the residential and commercial experience in the future.