POWELL CANADA INC Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2016
Lots of work when oil is up in price. Good co-workers and management team. Was kept busy and safe on the job projects. Good co-workers.
Great work environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Redwater, AB19 March 2015
The staff and managers are wonderful they are supportive and flexible with work and family needs. The benefits and salary were very competitive and and the RRSP plan is amazing
Pros
Flexible work hours
Productive & Laid Back Atmosphere
Document Control & Estimating Administrator (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB30 June 2015
On a daily basis I would be working on Document control with a normal four projects at a time. When a bid was required to be submitted I would then work on being an estimating administrator and put a package together.

Getting into Powell was a whole different experience for me as I was a MTR Clerk for Valves. Now I was doing E-house drawings & using our own made spreadsheets for tracking our information.

My managers were always there for me and gave me the knowledge to better myself in my position.

Being the document control Admin, my co-workers were above me that require my help in any way and It was always a friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Work Early, Leave Early
Cons
Not having the database to better document control
great job
Construction & Estimating Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 October 2015
a great job; great colleagues
Unfortunately there were some upper management personnel conflicts that resulted in a number of key personnel leaving, resulting in a 'challenging' work environment.
disorganized management and no communication
little bit of everything (Current Employee) –  Acheson, AB11 August 2015
the job tasks are good, just the disorganization in the planning and management are lacking. also overworked for little pay and no recognition
Pros
work hours
Cons
management
Good wages and benefits
Alberta apprentice (Former Employee) –  Dawsone Creek BC16 July 2012
I was indentured as an apprentice electrician at the Dawson Creek processing plant during the construction phase. While working here I pulled a lot of cable by hand and with a tugger, ran SI heat trace and installed cable tray. On this site safety was a huge part of every work day. Between filling out field level hazard assessments, inspecting fall arrest equipment and all other personal protective equipment, creating a safe work environment was a priority every day on site. There was pay roll issues through out this job and many superior staff were fired or quit as a result. My co-workers for the most part were knowledgeable and gave me plenty of opportunity for hands on learning to expand my knowledge and capabilities as an electrician. The most difficult or dangerous part of this job was the night shift cable pull crew. The part of the job i enjoyed most was learning the electrical trade and the many different aspects of the industrial environment. I look forward to becoming a well rounded electrician with experience in the residential and commercial experience in the future.
Pros
loa
Cons
not paid on time
Good Workplace
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alberta, Canada29 April 2015
Nice work environment. Management and co-workers are very supportive. Learn lots of different work task. Overall I enjoyed to work with this company.
New Management needed
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 March 2015
Co-workes are great and jobs have lots of potential. Only problem is a lot of people in management don't have the experience needed to make operations run smoothly.
Productive, high priority safety, friendly people
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB25 March 2015
Productive, high priority safety concern,very friendly people.
Worked on night shift on a modular SWG and MCC.
Management well organized.
nothing to add
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Acheson AB2 December 2014
Company has on site cafeteria, training lacks, management turnover is continuous
Pros
Ground floor opportunities
Cons
no company structure, training or procedures

POWELL CANADA INC Reviews by Location