Poundmaker’s Lodge requires a full time employee who will assume responsibility as an Addictions Counselor. The overall objective is to provide support to adult clients. The responsibilities include providing education, prevention, and treatment services within a residential treatment centre environment. This also includes the integration of cultural and spiritual practices of FNMI cultures as well as a holistic, comprehensive, aboriginal based recovery model.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Candidate will provide addiction related assessments and referrals, counseling, group facilitation and leadership, individual counseling, case management and consultations in a professional and therapeutic environment. Furthermore, the successful candidate will assist in planning workshops, group activities and developing programs geared towards addiction recovery programming. The individual must have the ability to work within a team environment.
1) Completion of a Bachelor of Social Work Degree, Bachelor of Health Sciences with Addictions major or related degree.
2) Experience in human social services delivery, counseling experience
3) Working knowledge of FNMI culture and protocol and experience working within a FNMI environment an asset
Knowledge and Skills Required:
1) Maintaining confidentiality is essential
2) Effective group facilitation and presentation skills and conflict resolution skills
3) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer literacy skills
1) Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
2) Current Criminal Record Check Mandatory.
3) Demonstration of a healthy lifestyle will be an asset
4) Professional Affiliation
Starting wage will be set according to education, skills and experience. For consideration, interested parties should fax a resume along with a cover letter and 3 references to:
Ceilidh Morrissette, Executive Assistant (780)459-1876 or email