We are growing and looking for a talented individual who is ready to work hard, think big, and have fun helping us grow our list of clients by wearing some awesome looking hats.
We want the right person capable of doing more than just everyday bookkeeping. We are looking for a team playing, numbers crunching, entrepreneurial minded accounting maestro, willing to go beyond the ledger and who loves working in an open concept, sometimes loud, but always creative office environment. In other words, this ain’t your Daddy’s accounting gig. (i.e.: no suits, no ties, and no yes men).
We are looking for someone to fill their days with these awesome responsibilities:
Bookkeeping Related Tasks:
The roll with be primarily bookkeeping function related and will include:
- QuickBooks File Management & Ongoing Data Entry
- Client billing – collaborating with producers and preparing invoices
- Accounts Receivable – follow up on outstanding payments
- Accounts Payable – recording invoices, preparing and mailing cheques
- Management of client expense tracking, preparing backup and re-billings costs
- Quarterly GST filings
- Month end close including bank reconciliations and journal entries
- Administration of work-in-process systems & related journal entries
- Administration of payroll & benefits– adding new employees, ensuring correct paperwork is completed for tax purposes, etc. Submitting payroll through payroll service on a bi-weekly basis.
- Expense report reconciliation and approvals
- Improving bookkeeping systems & processes as the company grows & evolves
Controller Related Tasks:
Tasks related to creating decision making tools and supporting financially efficient operations will include:
- Management of job tracking system – including the set up new jobs in client jobs spreadsheet & timesheet system
- Financial Management Reporting:
> Weekly Report
> Project cost & status reports
> Time tracking reports
> Cashflow analysis
> Work-in-process statistics
> Monthly Report
> Client statistics
> Monthly Metrics data for CFO role
Office Systems Related Tasks:
Tasks related to managing the office and supporting the team will include:
- Administration of Harvest time tracking system (including weekly reporting on outstanding time with employee follow-up, entering freelance time in time tracking system, producing job profitability reports)
- General office management – including the ordering of office supplies, management of general office expenses & costs, maintaining a filing system for accounting records, corporate documents, HR, client contract etc.
The ideal candidate’s CV would contain the following:
- 3-5 years of progressive experience, preferably in the service industry (Bonus points if you’ve worked in a design studio, ad agency, and/or start up)
- You magically are in the 3-4th year of your CGA or enrolled in CMA program
- You have lots of experience with QuickBooks and Excel
- Proof that you are a master communicator of the spoken and written variety
Please send a copy of your CV and a note about why you should be the newest member of the Pound & Grain tribe.