Advancing People, Environment and Business.
Does that statement resonate with you? Do you enjoy working with an engaged team towards a common goal? Do you believe that you are in complete control of your own destiny and always strive for greatness? Do you regularly question the norm and come up with creative solutions to problems? If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions we might have the perfect role for you!
Pottinger Gaherty Environmental Consultants, Whitby office is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to cover a maternity leave from mid-July / August 2014 to September 2015 (13 - 14 months). This role can be a part time or full time role, based on the successful applicants preference (24 – 40 hours/week).
We’re looking for someone who has the following characteristics:
- Excellent at relationship building and influencing people
- Awesome communicator (verbal and written)
- Customer service driven
- Resourceful and tenacious
- Thrives in a fast paced work environment
- Results driven but lighthearted and fun
- Wants to work in jeans
- Has an undergraduate Degree in Business, HR or other related field & 3 – 5 years of experience in HR
- Has or is working towards a CHRP designation (an asset but not required)
- Experience and knowledge of HR best practices and regulations (Employment Standards Act and Human Rights Legislation)
- Fluent in PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Likes traveling – initial training period to be held in Vancouver & quarterly travel to Vancouver may be required
In this role the successful applicant would be responsible for:
- Maintaining the core values and culture at PGL
- Evaluating, updating, communicating human resources policies and programs
- Providing guidance and coaching to managers and employees
- Recruiting a variety of roles in Whitby and Vancouver: engineering, scientists and administration to ensure job competence and fit
- Responsible for the onboarding and administration of all new team members
- Liaising with Finance on HR administration
- Managing the review process for all team members
- Managing internal and external technical and non-technical training programs
- Ensuring that monetary and non-monetary compensation is competitive
- Managing internal and external employee engagement surveys
If you are looking to join an organization that offers variety, individual growth, creativity, and corporate leadership please submit a resume. The job posting will be open to applicants until July 2nd, 2014.
About Pottinger Gaherty
We are a full service environmental consulting firm with offices in Vancouver (BC) and Whitby (ON). Since 1991, Pottinger Gaherty (PGL) has provided environmental services such as contaminated site assessments, remediation, environmental impact studies, sustainability assessments and air quality studies. PGL is an employee-owned company with approximately 80 employees including geologists, agrologists, biologists, environmental scientists, and engineers, plus a dynamic and customer-oriented support team. Click here for more information http://www.pggroup.com/default.htm