Position: Potlotek High School is looking for a Secondary School Teacher- Specializing in Fine Arts and English
Term: Sept. 2013- June 2014, with poss. of renewal
Closing Date: Monday Sept. 2, 2013
Credentials: Bachelor of Education, specializing in teaching secondary school, Nova Scotia Teacher's License or eligibility
- Fluency in MI'kmaq language considered an asset
- Experience or high level of interest in First Nation Education centre
- Enthusiastic, energetic, positive and student- oriented
- Flexible and embraces experiential learning and Mi'kmaq pedagogy
- Ability to work as member of a team
- Ability to develop positive rapport with students and community
- Interest in exploring the natural environment and indigenous knowledge
Teach students through lectures, discussions, audio- visual presentations and field studies. Assign and correct homework. Prepare, administer and correct tests. Evaluate the progress of students and discuss results with students, parents and school officials. Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops.
Security and Safety:
Criminal record check must be completed and passed prior to successful candidate's start date. Candidates must submit child abuse registry check.
Reading text, Numeracy, Writing, Oral communication, Working with others, Problem solving, Critical thinking, Job task planning and organization.
How to Apply:
Please forward cover letter and resumes complete with two references to:
342 Sitmuk Rd
RR#1, St. Peter's, NS,
For more information you can call 1-902-535-3160 from 9:00am - 4:00 pm.