Our client is a progressive and locally owned heating, cooling, ventilation and refrigeration systems company who is looking to hire TWO permanent, full time HVAC Technicians. The successful candidates must have strong installation and/or service and repair experience.
- Diagnose the cause of problems and/or failures in heating/air conditioning/ventilation systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacements * Inform management regarding procedures and/or status of work orders
- Inspect HVAC systems and their components (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) to evaluate condition, identify necessary repairs and recommend preventive maintenance * Install heating and air conditioning equipment and ventilation systems
- Maintain service vehicle, tools and equipment in good working order
- Prepare written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) as required
- Repair heating and air conditioning, and refrigeration systems and/or components (e.g. pumps, motors, air handlers, fan coils, piping, etc.)
- Read and interpret shop drawings and control schematics
- Responsible for start-up and commissioning of building automation systems
- Conduct customer training in use and operation of building automation system
- Diagnose causes of malfunction of equipment from observations (Client’s 30K Equipment) and tests based on hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and assembly drawings
- Disassemble equipment to remove parts and effect repairs
- Examine any and all parts for general corrosion, defects, breakage or excessive wear
- Install all parts according to instructions given, knowledge of unit being assembled and/or following drawings, as required, including needed adjustments and alignment
- Test run repaired equipment to ensure it works to full specification
- Maintain accurate inspections of 30K PCE and Modules
- Operate drill presses, riveting machines, cranes & forklifts, etc, to assist in assembly operations.
- Prepare hydraulic / pneumatic components, and install hoses, fittings & fluids into the unit Follow hydraulic / pneumatic schematics as required
- Assist in unit Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) as required
- On occasion perform work on units, offsite. Sign off the summary with the Client before departure from their site
- Maintain a professional manner at all times and communicate regularly and clearly with customers
- Ensure all work performed is in a quality minded, tidy & accurate manner, prepare all surfaces and components as necessary to ensure no damage occurs during assembly and testing
- Journeyman Refrigeration/HVAC Technician
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Previous experience in sheet metal, gas and/or plumbing
- Strong service experience as an HV Technician
The salary will commensurate with experience and in competition with industry standards. Schedule will be in accordance with industry norms with overtime and weekend work as needed.
For the opportunity to be considered for this position, please submit your resume in electronic form (pdf. or doc.) to www.positivelifeconcepts.com. Only applicants who have met the minimum qualifications will be considered and contacted. All resumes will be kept strictly confidential.
Thank you in advance for your response.
Indeed - 8 months ago