Casual Bus Driver
Reporting to the Director of Recreation, the Bus Driver is responsible for transporting Residents in the company vehicle to various events and activities coordinated by the Residence.
· Must demonstrate strong written and verbal English skills;
· Must possess a valid and applicable class of driver’s license with a clean driving record;
· Will have proof of current, valid CPR and First Aid certification;
· Enjoys working closely with team members and has a strong desire to provide our residents with a better quality of life.
· Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating empathy and patience;
· Previous experience working with seniors is considered an asset.
· To establish and maintain harmonious relationships with residents, their families and employees;
· To assist residents with care requirements (walkers / wheelchairs, etc.) while entering and exiting the facility vehicle;
· To transport residents in the facility vehicle to various scheduled locations, outings and events;
· To assist the Recreation/Activity Manager with other duties as assigned;
· To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
· To attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents;
· To attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place;
· To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
· To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
· To complete all other tasks as assigned.
Please forward your resume with confidence by April 1st, 2013.
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls, please.