Portage Employee Reviews in Canada

co-workers were great
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  EloraOctober 25, 2015
This job was a high stress job, the kids and their problems was always hard to listen to, kids should not have so many problems.
Working with a team dedicated to help save the kids was always good.
Pros
free lunches, and money put into RSP'S
Cons
stressfull place to work listening to all the problems of the kids
Fast-paced, stressful, but fun work environment
Clinical Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Elora, ONMarch 20, 2014
Working at Portage has equipped me with many skills in the counselling field.

A typical day at work involves supervising up to 16 youth residents at a time while they perform chores and participate in group activities, organizing and facilitating therapeutic groups, having one-on-one engagements with residents, utilizing various therapeutic interventions when faced with conflict, briefing the next shift team on the events of the day, completing log books, and writing various reports.

The most enjoyable part of this job is building rapports with the residents and creating fun groups for them. I personally enjoy creating self-esteem groups which I find to be effective with the female youth I specifically work with. I love knowing at the end of my work day that I've made some kind of difference in someone's life.

The hardest parts of the job are dealing with conflicts (verbal and physical) between residents, and disclosures. Sometimes the disclosures are hard to hear, and it can be difficult depending on their age when letting them know the procedures surrounding disclosures (notifying parents, etc.). It can also be difficult de-escalating residents when in the middle of a conflict.
Pros
everyday is different
Clinical Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Elora, ONFebruary 27, 2014
Great place to get hands on experience with assisting youth to change their lives.
Excellente mission
Directrice finances et administration (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 11, 2015
Portage aide des toxicomanes à retrouver leur dignité et à adopter un style de vie positif depuis plus de 40 ans.
environnement de travail agréable
Intervenant toxicomanie . (Current Employee) –  Prevost, QCMarch 20, 2014
Très difficile pour les émotion de travaillé dans un centre pour toxicomane te alcoolique je pense qu'après 4 ans j'ai donné a cette entreprise .
Pros
tres bon pour la gestion émotive .
Cons
la direction ou portage veut aller en désacord.