Popeye's Supplements Employee Reviews

Diverse customer base - mediocre employee leadership
Full-time Employee (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 February 2018
One of my most interesting work experiences to date.
With a large, unique, and diverse demographic, the Popeye's Supplement chain has an enormous market creating enormous room for further business opportunities and growth. It is a shame to be wasted on the poor leadership skills that I have observed and personally undergone during my employment in their organization.
Pros
Product price-matching
Cons
Bad management
Bel environnement de travail
Conseiller en ventes (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC27 October 2017
Une expérience enrichissante avec des formations très bien montées. En tant qu'athlète j'ai adore cet emploi qui m'a appris beaucoup sur l'alimentation mais aussi sur le service à la clientèle..
Pros
Produits moins chers
Cons
Salaire
Positif
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Longueuil, QC20 July 2017
Bonne environnement de travail. L'esprit d'équipe et l'ambiance de travail est agréable.
Fun environment with knowledgeable staff
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 January 2016
-Assisting customers with sports supplement informtaion
-Gained wide range of knowledge of sports supplements and nutrition
- Proactive management
- Excellent staff incentives
Pros
Acquiring knowledge of the sports supplement industry
Cons
Understaffed at times
Great work environment for people with a fitness passion and willing to soak up knowledge
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 November 2015
Awesome place to work. Supportive management and fellow employees. You learn a great deal that benefits not only you, but the lives of so many around you. Build friendships with the customers and enjoy the social interactions on a daily basis.
Pros
Discounted supplements, build friendships
Cons
No official breaks
Great place to work!
Assistant manager/Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 September 2015
Working at Popeye's Supplements is a great job for anyone who loves interacting with people and helping others achieve their goals.
A typical day at work includes assessing customers and understanding their needs. We educate customers on how to reach their goals and which supplements will allow them to do so. We explain why each supplement is beneficial and whether or not it is something they should be using based on what information they tell us about themselves.

I learned skills on management, training employees and other useful information such as how a business can be ran successfully.

Co-workers are a huge impact on the quality of your job as they are the people you spend the majority of your day with. Thankfully, I get along with my co-workers very well and have even developed friendships. My job position has taught me how to balance out managing someone but still having a friendly relationship with them.

I do not find my job to be "hard" because I enjoy what I do. However, things can become stressful when we have situations such as it being a busy time in the store and having orders arrive at the same time. I have become very skillful in being able to tend to multiple tasks at once.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having customers come back who have followed your advice and being pleased with their results. It really makes my day when I have someone come back who is excited over what they have accomplished based on the information I gave them. Another part of my job that I enjoy is making friends with my regular customers and being able to meet new
  more... people and learn about them even if it has nothing to do with diet, exercise or supplements.  less
Fun job with competitive pay
Sales Associate/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 May 2015
I have been involved in the supplement industry for many years, and Popeyes is a company I will always continue to stand by. They are the leaders in supplement retail, and they base their practice off of strong ethics, which is something I greatly admire. There is a lot of deception in this particular industry, so it is extremely rewarding to be a part of a company that you can stand by with confidence. It makes recommending products to people that much easier when you believe in them!

I developed very important sales and people skills working at Popeyes, and I cannot say enough about the management! They truly care about your success and want very much to see you improve in your job. They manage with positive feedback rather than micro-managing. It was a very rewarding and fun experience to be able to work with this company.
Travail agréable
Conseiller de vente de suppléments alimentaires (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 October 2014
Bonne ambiance entre le personnel, le patron... Gestion de la clientèle, savoir les aiguillés. Je n'ai pas de point négatif à soumettre.
n/a
Full-time Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2014
An awesome place to work for, and I would recommend it to people who are looking for employment.
very flexible with scheduling and relaxed atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 September 2013
-get to learn a lot about fitness products and nutrition
-co-workers are all nice and easy going
-hardest part of the job is stocking and inventory
-most enjoyable is the low stress and ability to try many products