Popeye's Restaurants Employee Reviews

A great company to work with
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON6 December 2016
Have learnt a lot from this company and people are very good to work with, Team mates, bosses and everyone are amazing. Food Industry is an amazing Industry and everyday you get to learn a lot
Satisfied
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 December 2016
Its was a new experience in the field of a restaurant. Learned the atmosphere of a restaurant work place and the rules of this country. The management and the co-workers were so helpful and supportive. Honestly could find a hardest part of job because I love and enjoy the job what I am doing.
Not very organized, with little benefits. Below minimum wage and poor work environment.
Kitchen Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 December 2016
Popeyes Kitchen provided zero benefits to me and my family, but did offer some experience in kitchen for the 6-7 months i'd worked there. Pay was low but showed me that value of every dollar i'd worked for, showing me that only hard work and dedication should be rewarded. As for my team members, many of them were easy to get along with, i'd managed to get along with my entire team, and work as expected. The kitchen consisted of constant cleaning and restocking, along with cooking and taking orders, demonstrating my ability to multitask in the workplace. I'd been taught to learn to cook every dish on the menu, and how to use the cash register.
Pros
Free lunch/Half-Priced lunch
Cons
Fixed hours, Poor management
A decent work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ON26 November 2016
Working at my specific branch at Popeye's was not exactly the best job, given the poor management, and unhygienic workplace.
Pros
free food
Cons
poor management, unhygienic
well managed work space with a good work attitude
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 November 2016
I was left to work in peace and also had the occasional laugh with some of the other employees, the managers don't bother you as long as your doing your work.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
having to clean the hole restaurant
workplace
Cook (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 November 2016
its good to work here. but i do not like chicken and managament of here is ok. else co-workers are also good. nice to work in a fast place and got a good expirence in mutitasking.
Excellent place to build your resume
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eglinton and Dufferin9 November 2016
Great place to start to gain customer service experience. A typical day for me would be to open the store, set up food items, set up cash register, turn on store lights and television, clean tables and chairs, etc.
Had fun working with many hard-working emloyees
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 November 2016
My team was always there helping me when I needed them the most. The job would get hard most of the time but like any other job its going to get tough once in a while.
Pros
Great people and free food
Cons
Fun place to work and learn
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbine and queen25 October 2016
I learned alot as when i joined i was new to this kind on environment but now i love to work in a food place and serve guest and give my best to reach top. My co-workers were nice and friendly helped me in my bad and good times.
Pros
Free food in your shift
Typical Weekend
Cashier, prep (Current Employee) –  London, ON24 October 2016
A typical day at work is busy, but yet manageable. Training was very easy and I had great managers that helped me through every step.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Closing shift
Fun and fast Pace Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  East York, ON23 October 2016
Every day is challenging and I have a different task at work which I love because it's never boring and always get to learn new things (i.e; scanning, correcting forms, making calls out, serving the general public). Our management team is always very helpful and approachable and so are my co-workers. It's all about team work and being there for one another. The hardest part of the job is when we are dealing with difficult Customers, however it's all about remaining calm and remembering that we are there to help the customers . The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great group of individuals. Makes the day go by quickly and pleasantly.
Pros
Free Lunch
A comfortable environment to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON18 October 2016
the co-workers are friendly and work as a team to maximize the profit . the management at popeyes is in good hands as they allow to to get a day off when you want to.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
random shifts
Great Workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2016
An amazing place to work! I learned various skills in the field of managing and preparing food as well as customer service skills. Great management, kind co-workers. Hardest part of the job was the travel otherwise a good experience.
good job
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 October 2016
good place to start a restaurant job career and have some experience in customer handling. good food quality and nice manager helps fully at the time of training.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hard environment
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 September 2016
I enjoyed working with popeyes
I have done good Team work
I am Flexible with others
I m Reliable with time management
Multicultural environment
Good customer reviews
Pros
free lunch
Cons
part time
Fun and exciting place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 September 2016
Mostly customer service, and preparing they food. Made a lot of friends and worked with my team members to make the food, for ex the burgers. I learned how to organize and efficiently us time to finish the job.
Nice place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 August 2016
great managers to work for. care about their employeees
gives a lot of time off when needed. allows room for you to grow within the company
I have quite a few concerns
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2016
The owner I was with lazily made out schedules and forget days we booked off or wouldn't care about what we had to do outside of our job. I made it clear I needed day shifts because I do fashion design and film acting as careers along with working there and she told me it was no problem. Eventually she started overloading me with hours I didn't ask for or schedule me on days that conflicted with my artist job. On top of that she did not pay us proper over-time which I should as is COMPLETELY illegal. She basically wanted me to make her restaurant my top priority in life and nothing else. I asked for one important weekend off and she basically told me I owe her for letting me have the weekend off. I gave her two months notice and she made it like I caused her a giant inconvenience. Of course this doesn't affect my over all opinion on the whole franchise but I feel like the franchise should really be careful of who they choose to sign onto a franchise contract. That owner was one of the most tyrannical people I've ever met.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Improper holiday wages with the owner I was with, Inconsiderate of others with a 2nd job or an artist career and would tell them to quit, mixed up hours, never a straight forward schedule, expected to put her restaurant over everything else in life, would not give me time off to visit family
Productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2016
Working at Popeyes Lousiana kitchen was a great experience. Typically, everyday was a busy day. It is a very fast-paced work environment so you are always busy and moving. It get's a little overwhelming when it gets very busy and you must work very hard. However, because of that I've learnt skills such as multi-tasking and working hard under pressure. All co-workers co-operate with one another to complete tasks on time. Once again overall, a very enjoyable and great learning experience.
Pros
50% off on food
fun place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Heart lake30 June 2016
Its has a very friendly environment and productive place..
I learned lot of skills like customer service working in a fast paced environment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
busiest store

2.8