Popeye's Restaurants Employee Reviews

Good Experience At all
Cashier Customer Service (Current Employee) –  2030 Ellesmere Rd #1, Scarborough, ON M1H 2V65 February 2017
I have enjoyed working over their and learned many things such as time management, team work and many more. The most enjoyable part of the job when we deal with deliveries and customers.
Pros
Good Experience, Time managment
Cons
Partiality, Clashes in Schedules
great experience, learned al to
Supervisor weekend manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 January 2017
was able to advance my position
learned every position. from cashier to cook to management.
was able to learn the business side.
enjoyed working there.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
hot
It was a great experience
Team member (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 January 2017
Being my first ever job, I was excited to see what it was like to have a real job. I have to say, although the work was physically difficult, I always managed to leave happy because of the work environment and the support I got. The work itself was easy to understand after a few days on the job. You need to be highly efficient though, since the lineups can get pretty crazy
Fun and Challenging
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
A very challenging jobs everyday. Potential of growth, enhance skills for customer service, product knowledge, and problem solving.
Maintains good customer impression and increase sales target and profitability. Oversee day to day operation by making sure everything is ready before opening and closing.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Standing long period of hours
enoyable
Cashier/ Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON6 January 2017
my first fast food job and it showed me how demanding it can be. Worked under pressure in a very hot environment. helped me with working under pressure
Busy, Productive day.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 December 2016
A typical day consistents of a ton of service/customers, lots of preparation, and focus. I learnt to prioritize, stay organized, and keep busy throughout my shifts. The co-workers are phenomenal and management has its ups and downs. All in all, great company.
a fun place to start with
General Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 December 2016
a typical day is alright.learned nothing significantly new but exposure to higher level management is crucial for advancement. Management is alright, they are overworked.
A great company to work with
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON6 December 2016
Have learnt a lot from this company and people are very good to work with, Team mates, bosses and everyone are amazing. Food Industry is an amazing Industry and everyday you get to learn a lot
Satisfied
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 December 2016
Its was a new experience in the field of a restaurant. Learned the atmosphere of a restaurant work place and the rules of this country. The management and the co-workers were so helpful and supportive. Honestly could find a hardest part of job because I love and enjoy the job what I am doing.
Not very organized, with little benefits. Below minimum wage and poor work environment.
Kitchen Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 December 2016
Popeyes Kitchen provided zero benefits to me and my family, but did offer some experience in kitchen for the 6-7 months i'd worked there. Pay was low but showed me that value of every dollar i'd worked for, showing me that only hard work and dedication should be rewarded. As for my team members, many of them were easy to get along with, i'd managed to get along with my entire team, and work as expected. The kitchen consisted of constant cleaning and restocking, along with cooking and taking orders, demonstrating my ability to multitask in the workplace. I'd been taught to learn to cook every dish on the menu, and how to use the cash register.
Pros
Free lunch/Half-Priced lunch
Cons
Fixed hours, Poor management
A decent work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ON26 November 2016
Working at my specific branch at Popeye's was not exactly the best job, given the poor management, and unhygienic workplace.
Pros
free food
Cons
poor management, unhygienic
well managed work space with a good work attitude
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 November 2016
I was left to work in peace and also had the occasional laugh with some of the other employees, the managers don't bother you as long as your doing your work.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
having to clean the hole restaurant
workplace
Cook (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 November 2016
its good to work here. but i do not like chicken and managament of here is ok. else co-workers are also good. nice to work in a fast place and got a good expirence in mutitasking.
Excellent place to build your resume
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eglinton and Dufferin9 November 2016
Great place to start to gain customer service experience. A typical day for me would be to open the store, set up food items, set up cash register, turn on store lights and television, clean tables and chairs, etc.
Had fun working with many hard-working emloyees
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 November 2016
My team was always there helping me when I needed them the most. The job would get hard most of the time but like any other job its going to get tough once in a while.
Pros
Great people and free food
Cons
Fun place to work and learn
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbine and queen25 October 2016
I learned alot as when i joined i was new to this kind on environment but now i love to work in a food place and serve guest and give my best to reach top. My co-workers were nice and friendly helped me in my bad and good times.
Pros
Free food in your shift
Typical Weekend
Cashier, prep (Current Employee) –  London, ON24 October 2016
A typical day at work is busy, but yet manageable. Training was very easy and I had great managers that helped me through every step.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Closing shift
Fun and fast Pace Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  East York, ON23 October 2016
Every day is challenging and I have a different task at work which I love because it's never boring and always get to learn new things (i.e; scanning, correcting forms, making calls out, serving the general public). Our management team is always very helpful and approachable and so are my co-workers. It's all about team work and being there for one another. The hardest part of the job is when we are dealing with difficult Customers, however it's all about remaining calm and remembering that we are there to help the customers . The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great group of individuals. Makes the day go by quickly and pleasantly.
Pros
Free Lunch
A comfortable environment to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON18 October 2016
the co-workers are friendly and work as a team to maximize the profit . the management at popeyes is in good hands as they allow to to get a day off when you want to.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
random shifts
Great Workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2016
An amazing place to work! I learned various skills in the field of managing and preparing food as well as customer service skills. Great management, kind co-workers. Hardest part of the job was the travel otherwise a good experience.

2.8