Popeye's Restaurants Employee Reviews

Not very organized, with little benefits. Below minimum wage and poor work environment.
Kitchen Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 December 2016
Popeyes Kitchen provided zero benefits to me and my family, but did offer some experience in kitchen for the 6-7 months i'd worked there. Pay was low but showed me that value of every dollar i'd worked for, showing me that only hard work and dedication should be rewarded. As for my team members, many of them were easy to get along with, i'd managed to get along with my entire team, and work as expected. The kitchen consisted of constant cleaning and restocking, along with cooking and taking orders, demonstrating my ability to multitask in the workplace. I'd been taught to learn to cook every dish on the menu, and how to use the cash register.
Pros
Free lunch/Half-Priced lunch
Cons
Fixed hours, Poor management
No Benefits
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 March 2017
It is fun working there but no benefits and very long hours , and no more opportunity to grow, i really want to work in a company where i have opportunity to grow with in.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
No benifits
Fun and fast Pace Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  East York, ON23 October 2016
Every day is challenging and I have a different task at work which I love because it's never boring and always get to learn new things (i.e; scanning, correcting forms, making calls out, serving the general public). Our management team is always very helpful and approachable and so are my co-workers. It's all about team work and being there for one another. The hardest part of the job is when we are dealing with difficult Customers, however it's all about remaining calm and remembering that we are there to help the customers . The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great group of individuals. Makes the day go by quickly and pleasantly.
Pros
Free Lunch
a fun place to start with
General Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 December 2016
a typical day is alright.learned nothing significantly new but exposure to higher level management is crucial for advancement. Management is alright, they are overworked.
Had fun working with many hard-working emloyees
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 November 2016
My team was always there helping me when I needed them the most. The job would get hard most of the time but like any other job its going to get tough once in a while.
Pros
Great people and free food
Cons
Nice to work with associates
Kitchen Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 March 2017
Very helpful staff member. Enjoing part is to work under teaching friendly environment. Must have a good sense of hearing and performing physical work in cooking. Time management at fryer is must. Crew member need yo be innovative.
Pros
Free soft drinks
Cons
Too much work for kitchen crew
Good Experience At all
Cashier Customer Service (Current Employee) –  2030 Ellesmere Rd #1, Scarborough, ON M1H 2V65 February 2017
I have enjoyed working over their and learned many things such as time management, team work and many more. The most enjoyable part of the job when we deal with deliveries and customers.
Pros
Good Experience, Time managment
Cons
Partiality, Clashes in Schedules
productive and funloving workplalce with a energetic ambience and all employees are very cooperative
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2016
arrive at work 15mins earlier and change and settledown, go to the cash counter machine and start taking customer, one by one greet them , welcome them, making them comfortable ask them about there order and repeat just to avoid mistakes.let them know how long its going to take.Do the billing.in spare time cleaning of lobby and stacking the items to the right place.speed up the work, help the cook if needed , during closing clean all the lobby and change garbage, turoff all lights and board signs.

how to deal with different customers fullfiling there needs
interact with diverse people, understand them,provide them things they looking for.

time-management is key to succes

very cooperative co-workers
the most enoyabe part is taking customers and interacting with them.
Pros
free lunch and dinner
working in efficient manner
Cook (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 March 2017
My experience is interesting and amazing at Popeyes. I like to work there at evening shift. I have learned many things from my work like time management by preparing food according to given time.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
More physical work
great place to work
Sides (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 March 2017
Best job i have had because they were patient with my medical issues i had at the time the gm omar was really impressed with how I was working and offered a promotion within the first week or so
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
n/a
Busy, Productive day.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 December 2016
A typical day consistents of a ton of service/customers, lots of preparation, and focus. I learnt to prioritize, stay organized, and keep busy throughout my shifts. The co-workers are phenomenal and management has its ups and downs. All in all, great company.
Satisfied
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 December 2016
Its was a new experience in the field of a restaurant. Learned the atmosphere of a restaurant work place and the rules of this country. The management and the co-workers were so helpful and supportive. Honestly could find a hardest part of job because I love and enjoy the job what I am doing.
good for started
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  269 queen street28 February 2017
good for starters, learn new things, learn about cooking and about customer skills. Gained a lot of experience about people management. also learnt about various recipes
Freedom for work according to employee easiness.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 March 2017
Good co-workers and productive working skill training, good support from top level management, training at every stations, lack of customer service and employee satisfaction in payment..
great experience, learned al to
Supervisor weekend manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 January 2017
was able to advance my position
learned every position. from cashier to cook to management.
was able to learn the business side.
enjoyed working there.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
hot
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 February 2017
Overall, I enjoyed my experience at popeyes. They have excellent service, management, and keep it very clean. I have gained lots of cleaning/organizational skills from this job.
It was a great experience
Team member (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 January 2017
Being my first ever job, I was excited to see what it was like to have a real job. I have to say, although the work was physically difficult, I always managed to leave happy because of the work environment and the support I got. The work itself was easy to understand after a few days on the job. You need to be highly efficient though, since the lineups can get pretty crazy
A comfortable environment to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON18 October 2016
the co-workers are friendly and work as a team to maximize the profit . the management at popeyes is in good hands as they allow to to get a day off when you want to.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
random shifts
Fun and Challenging
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
A very challenging jobs everyday. Potential of growth, enhance skills for customer service, product knowledge, and problem solving.
Maintains good customer impression and increase sales target and profitability. Oversee day to day operation by making sure everything is ready before opening and closing.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Standing long period of hours
fun workplace
Cashier/ Packer (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 November 2015
Enjoy working with co-workers, but owner and management need to show appreciation to the good employees by giving incentives and raises when they are deserved.
Pros
close to home
Cons
have been making the same amount of money for the past 2yrs, the promise of raises, being trained for manager, .50 raise that is supposed to be good enough for me to train new employees, take responsibility for the cashiers and the cleanliness of the customer part of the store, Being used is not what I want

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Popeye's Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8