Popeye's Restaurants Employee Reviews in Canada

Nice place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 2, 2016
great managers to work for. care about their employeees
gives a lot of time off when needed. allows room for you to grow within the company
I have quite a few concerns
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 27, 2016
The owner I was with lazily made out schedules and forget days we booked off or wouldn't care about what we had to do outside of our job. I made it clear I needed day shifts because I do fashion design and film acting as careers along with working there and she told me it was no problem. Eventually she started overloading me with hours I didn't ask for or schedule me on days that conflicted with my artist job. On top of that she did not pay us proper over-time which I should as is COMPLETELY illegal. She basically wanted me to make her restaurant my top priority in life and nothing else. I asked for one important weekend off and she basically told me I owe her for letting me have the weekend off. I gave her two months notice and she made it like I caused her a giant inconvenience. Of course this doesn't affect my over all opinion on the whole franchise but I feel like the franchise should really be careful of who they choose to sign onto a franchise contract. That owner was one of the most tyrannical people I've ever met.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Improper holiday wages with the owner I was with, Inconsiderate of others with a 2nd job or an artist career and would tell them to quit, mixed up hours, never a straight forward schedule, expected to put her restaurant over everything else in life, would not give me time off to visit family
fun place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Heart lakeJune 30, 2016
Its has a very friendly environment and productive place..
I learned lot of skills like customer service working in a fast paced environment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
busiest store
no positivity
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 28, 2016
no good enviorment to work in and people treated harshly and dull place. managers treat employes with no respect. work is hard, burden is put on the cooks shoulders.
Pros
no free lunch
fun workplace
cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 11, 2016
friendly atmosphere
met new people which was a nice experience
good managemnet
learn many new things in a new country with that job
Great experience
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 10, 2016
Amazing time with employees. Learned a lot of leadership and perseverance.Performed day ­today restaurant duties: attained customer orders, handled cash operations,  prepared sandwiches. Maintained a clean and safe environment for the customers. Responsible for training new staff member with proper procedures and routines. Performed Leadership with employees
productive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 8, 2016
working at Popeyes on a regular day is very a very peaceful working environment. i'v learned a lot at working at Popeyes, knowing how to talk to customers, deal with problems, clean, etc. The hardest part about Popeyes dealing with getting hours.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough hours
fun place to work if the right people are there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
very easy place to work for very easy money if you like greasy food here and there but the food actually taste very good you'll like if you wotk there
popeyes was a wonderful experience
Cashier/ Packer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 31, 2016
Popeyes is a very diverse job with great hours. I loved my co workers and the managers. I gained alot of experience working there.
Pros
50 percent of the food, and great hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 31, 2016
I have been working at Popeyes for 5 months and it's been a pleasure working here. I have learned how to work in a friendly environment amongst other employees. Working at Popeyes has been a great experience so far. It has given me the opportunity to think creative when planning business ideas and working upon developing the skills required at any given job. Also, I have learned how to improve on presenting new products and ways in which to sell the product. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating well with customers who will give positive feedbacks in return and working with a team of employees who are friendly.
Pros
reward for hard work
Cons
paying for lunch
productive and funloving workplalce with a energetic ambience and all employees are very cooperative
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 17, 2016
arrive at work 15mins earlier and change and settledown, go to the cash counter machine and start taking customer, one by one greet them , welcome them, making them comfortable ask them about there order and repeat just to avoid mistakes.let them know how long its going to take.Do the billing.in spare time cleaning of lobby and stacking the items to the right place.speed up the work, help the cook if needed , during closing clean all the lobby and change garbage, turoff all lights and board signs.

how to deal with different customers fullfiling there needs
interact with diverse people, understand them,provide them things they looking for.

time-management is key to succes

very cooperative co-workers
the most enoyabe part is taking customers and interacting with them.
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
productive,had newly introduced dish every month
shift manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 17, 2016
I have learnt to work well under pressure when there were too many people coming in at the same time.
Challenging, as every month there was a new dish introduced and we had to give a brief information about it.
The hardest part was when sometimes the daily special of the day would get over and the guests would insist to get the same thing, we had given some other things for a cheaper price to not disappoint them and made them happy.
Pros
free food
Cons
productive and skill testing workplace with many chalenges and interesting developments
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONApril 19, 2016
Experienced serving a variety of personalities of people with different needs. heavy lifting was required. Opening and preparing the store provided me with experience for the future, as well as closing the store.
Pros
lots of customer service experience
Cons
Fun and productive at times. Management needs work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 17, 2016
Easy job and nice people to work with but management wasn't the greatest. We did not get proper break times.Overall easy job.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor management.
Amazing Pay
Cashier, Cook, Prep (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 14, 2016
Popeyes is a very relaxing and amazing place to work, not only that put the pay checks are amazing with the hours you will receive, the only issue is that there is so much arguments.
Pros
50% of of lunches, 10% while not working, amazing pay
Cons
Constant Arguing.
Horrible place to work
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 11, 2016
The stuff that goes on in the place is ridiculous.
Double standards, inequality.
Rules are put in place and never followed even by the Manger/owner that runs this place.
Mangers talk bad about everyone that isn't in their "group"
You have no privacy.
They don't have a cleaner so you have to stay till around 12 am if you're closing.
Talk in their own language in front of many that don't understand them
Meetings that are held to make it a better work environment don't help, they actually seem to make things worse
Pros
The food
Cons
Everything else
Flexible hours during my study period, Freindly environment, it was a good experience to enhance my skills
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  1 bartly bull, bramptonApril 5, 2016
It had been a great experience while working at Paradise Chicken. I have learned many things, some of them include, customer relationship, team work, positive attitude and completeness of work.
Pros
flexible hours during my study period, Free food, and good way to enhace my skills
Cons
It is an opportunity with certain limit. There is no growth of career.
Very Disorganized.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Courtice, ONMarch 28, 2016
Its a fast pace business that I can't handle.

Management gets mad at you for switching shifts with other employees.

The co-workers were friendly.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  325 Central Pkwy W, Mississauga, ON L5B 3X9March 24, 2016
It's a nice place to work at but the main manager isn't too respectful. They give more opportunities to their full timers. They don't no how to manage their schedules. Co-workers are fun to work with.
Good to have as a first job
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 18, 2016
A typical day of work would be to help, and make sure costumers were satisfied with a quick served and delicious meal. Management was good and I was happy to be promoted for my hard work, but management is also the reason why I quiet. My co-workers were friendly, and the hardest part of the job was to keep up with the drive through on a busy day. The most enjoyable part of the job was to improve my leadership skills.
Pros
Free food during break.
Cons
No cons in my opinion

2.8