Location: Woodbridge, Ontario
The Technical writer at Pong Marketing and Promotions Inc. produces software documentation (including game specifications, guides, and systems documentation) for users, system administrators, and software developers. The successful candidate will have superior oral and written communication skills and a passion for delivering technically accurate and innovative documentation sets.
Create, research, and write documentation for new or existing games based on the organizations requirements.
Write specifications, systems documentation, code documentation, release notes, release plans based on the development of games and supporting systems in a timely manner.
Produce documentation for the entire development process including feasibility study, functional and non-functional requirements specification, design specification, release notes, technical story boards, software processes, etc.; under direction of the Software Architect
- University degree in computer science, technical writing college diploma or equivalent technical writing experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience writing technical documentation for software applications and producing documentation sets for various audiences.
- Minimum of 2 years Visual Paradigm for UML
- Exceptional oral and written English language skills
- UML 2.0, Class, Use Case, Activity, Sequence and other diagrams.
- Documents: Feasibility Study, Requirements Specification (functional, non functional), Software Design Specification, Release Notes
- Microsoft Office – Visio, Word, Excel
- Standard documentation tools and templates.
- Excellent time management skills
- Capable of adjusting to changing requirements quickly
- Gaming Industry experience preferably in Casino style games.
- Experience with Version Control tools, such as SVN.
- Ability to write and design minimalist information.
- Ability to create visual illustrations of concepts or processes.
Indeed - 8 months ago