Pomeroy

Pomeroy Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for.
TAPE LIBRARIAN SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Hebron, KYApril 17, 2014
Working for Pomeroy is exciting. We were team players from shift beginning until finish. Keeping up with the hook messages was the hardest part about the job. The most enjoyable part was we accomplished getting all work done by shifts end.
W-9, contract
Contractor at Square D (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 16, 2014
Pros: any time work hrs, good benefits, above average pay for area
Cons: not knowing the contractual liability.
Can say much since contract was short. You already know how to do it and work is consistent to contract
Wonderful place to work, benefits were outstanding, hours were exceptional
Account Manager (Former Employee), Hebron, KYApril 15, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, great supervisors
Cons: no cons
Responsible for coordinating and scheduling Hewlett Packard IT Technicians for home computer repairs. This included:

• Ensuring accurate data entry for every call

• Emailing customer information, directions to IT Technicians quickly and effectively

• Performing quality checks with customers as follow-up for their services received

• Gathering any – more... questions or concerns regarding the customer experience and reporting those to management – less
Enjoyed the work just not being cut short
Field Tech (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioApril 7, 2014
Pros: great pay and hours
Cons: cut too short in the project
I feel that this project was cut short and should ran its course for the full 9 months. but just my opinion I do understand other issues are involved; but considering what was accomplished i hope it helped the mass tickets by doing this sweep and it also caused some new tickets as well.
Professional Business oriented place
Librarian (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCApril 4, 2014
Pros: set schedule
Cons: pay
I like the overall job. We are just required to do so many different things with no pay increase. I have been getting paid the same amount for 3 years with no raise in site. I'm looking for a fun friendly work place.
Hardworking fun loving environment with great employees'
Installation Technician Contractor (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 1, 2014
Pros: great working environment.
Cons: short breaks and slow days.
Obtain a position as a team-player in a people-oriented organization where I can maximize my customer-service experience in a challenging environment to achieve the corporate goals that will expand my horizon.
Everything is great, but have to travel 50 miles to & from each day
Lead Tape/Print Computer Operator (Current Employee), IBM at (Philips Electronics in Youngwood PA)March 25, 2014
Pros: i go on site do my job and when i'm done i can leave.
Cons: need to travel 50+ miles to & from site each day
Go on site and eject/inject daily tape backups.
Compare results using eTOC.
Send shipment to Iron Mountain for offsite retention using Secure Sync
Receive shipment from Iron Mountain of reusable scratch tapes.
Compare results using eTOC.
Inject tapes in NEO4000 tape drives for next day backup.
Do all daily, weekly, paperwork needed for Youngwood site.
I – more... am the only one in Youngwood, so I basically do everything that is needed. – less
Great co workers
Computer Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 6, 2014
It was a wonderful work environment, I don't have no complaints.
Open work schedule
Desktop Support Analyst II (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 14, 2014
Great work environment and room to grow. Wonderful opportunity for those new to IT or for experienced people looking for a change.
Great core team, remote work possible
Server Administrator, Consultant (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 13, 2014
I work with a small local team of four at my site, 3 employees and 1 manager. We have grown to become a family and not just co-workers. As a family we have our ups and downs however that's normal with any place of employment. I start my work day checking the queues to see what and if any new problem tickets have come in for the site; after this I check – more... on my servers to make sure the backups ran the night before and that they are currently up and running. After my routine checks are complete I move onto daily projects and daily work which can change at any given time since my role divides into several duties. – less
Great Job loved it
Parts Administrator (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: management, co-workers, opportunites
Cons: job security...
This particular job allowed me to meet new people from all over the world. I enjoyed the independence of the job. I also enjoyed the various opportunities to GROW!
backwards and odd
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: lack of training, lack of corrections and a chance to lear
I came to this job because of the increase in pay. I did not come here with much technical background. They dont tell you your messing something up so that you can learn to fix it until they are writing you up for it. There is so much to take in and learn but you are not given proper training. I trained with a person for 2 days before i was left on – more... my own because that person had their own work to do. – less
Great work environment with very helpful managers
Computer Programer (Former Employee), Union, KYJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: the warehouse could get very hot
each day at work the employees were greeted by security as the shift began. the shift manager would come around and hand out everyone's assignments and information that needed to be accomplished for the day and the workers were very friendly and helpful to new employees.
Great company to work for. They make you feel like an asset to the project.
Lotus Notes Administrator - Tier 2 (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaJanuary 9, 2014
Typical 9 hour shift with an hour lunch. Depending on the client, it was not too difficult.

I learned to enjoy what I do.

Management was great. Valued input and made you feel like one of the team.

Co-workers were good. We were a team. We worked like one.

Hardest part about the job was the amount of information to learn

Most enjoyable part about – more... the job was that you felt like you accomplished something. – less
Great learning oppourtunity
Network Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: learning experience
When you work for a consulting firm, you are pretty much guaranteed a fast paced learning experience. Pomeroy was no exception and it was a great learning experience. If you had the drive and motivation you could do some great things.
Working environment
Computer Operator Tape Clerk (Current Employee), Parsippany,NJJanuary 2, 2014
Working conditions is good, learning new things everyday, management is vey helpful.
The job experience was ok!
Lead Tape Operator (Former Employee), Hebron , KY 41048October 28, 2013
Pros: resource management was ok!
Cons: to much was required for less money!
During the time that worked there the pay could have been better, but I survived.
Found Employment to be a learning experience
Deployment Technician (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 26, 2013
Pros: great work environment
Cons: short term project. only 6 months
A typical day would be migrating data, setting up new systems and making sure computer was to the clients needs. I learned a great deal about time management, dealing with a variety of personalities, and found the work to be overall rewarding. I thoroughly enjoyed the work experience. I felt a vital part to the success of the team and was treated with – more... respect. Compensation was good and only wish the prject would have lasted longer. – less
TERRIBLE Company to work for
Sr Field Engineer (Former Employee), So. NV RegionOctober 20, 2013
Pros: little to no micromanagement
Cons: scandalous company, terrible pay in relation to the local markets, they treat you like a steaming pile if you question them!
Having been a consultant for Pomeroy for 5yrs in ONE position, I can say with 100% confidence... STAY AWAY!
How many companies actually CUT your pay after years working for them, and NEVER get a raise?? Pomeroy does! I was the sole Field engineer for IBM- SBC, setting up call centers ALONE, supporting Exec Staff for the Primary heavy hitter Telecom – more... in So. NV. Received rave reviews from my end users, and Exec staff the WHOLE time. (I have a dozen plus commendation letters from the end user directors and up.) Fast forward to year 4 on said contract, a teleconference was held AFTER hours on a Friday (to prevent the SW region techs from the proverbial (keyboard smashing / shout festival Pomeroy KNEW would ensue). At which point HALF the SW region staff quit on the spot! Once the idiots at Pomeroy announced they were cutting ALL our pay, they really expected ANYONE to voluntarily stay?? How about NEVER receiving ONE raise due to performance, OR cost of living?
Unless you're about to be homeless... Do yourself a favor, get a job at McDonald's, at least THEY don't treat their employees like something to be scraped off your boot! – less
My First IT Job
Workstation Engineer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NcOctober 17, 2013
This was my first real IT job it was the best experience i could ask for and the people were great.

1 2 3

About Pomeroy

Many a PC passes through the hands of Pomeroy IT Solutions. The company resells and services computers, networking equipment, – Read more