Pomeroy

Pomeroy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Chances Fort St. John has great coworkers and staff
Administration and Human Resources (Former Employee), Fort St John, BCMarch 20, 2013
Pros: supportive coworkers, friendly staff and interesting jobs.
Cons: you do have two bodies governing the workplace policies and procedures, so if you are implementing both it can become difficult, but the staff is willing and the managers are supportive.
I enjoyed working at Chances Fort St. John. The staff are friendly, outgoing and I miss working with them. Management was helpful in supporting my learning and success, and the floor staff was welcoming and friendly.

There are issues where head office is not local, but that is a trend you see with companies that have expanded. This is Pomeroy's first – more... introduction to Gaming and this caused some difficulties as general and overarching policies made by Pomeroy for hotels and restaurants were not as applicable or easily adapted for a Gaming Centre regulated by the government.

I would recommend working for Chances Fort St. John and the management there. – less
Easy job, no advancement
Lead Tape Operator (Current Employee), Tempe, AZDecember 3, 2014
Pros: acceptable pto, dependable hours
Cons: expensive insurance, no structure, no room for growth
If you are not working in the corporate level of pomeroy, you have no room for advancement, now recognition, and no room for improvement. What once was an employee "kudos" program, has turned to giving the kudos you earn as a lower level employee to your management team.

The hours were good.. They worked with going to school, and there wasn't a risk – more... of your hours getting cut. – less
Will not recommend anyone to work for this company
Tier 1 Help desk (Former Employee), Hebron KYNovember 17, 2014
Pros: you get money to feed your family
Cons: it is not a longterm goal. no room for growth.
First, as you can see. All of the good reviews were posted on January of 2014 (I wonder if they did not pay people to post good reviews). Because this company track records on mistreating employee is very bad. I worked for them for five years as Tier one service desk. It was BAD BAD BAD. The management can make up story to make you look bad. The HR – more... is non-existent and will never return your call. So, think before you apply with these people.
-People leave the company at a paste I never seen (at least at the service desk where I use to work).
Think twice – less
Loved my job
Office Assistant (Former Employee), PetalumaOctober 22, 2014
I enjoyed every minute at this company, they were great people to work with sadly it had to be closed down
Managment
Site Manager (Former Employee), Englewood, COOctober 21, 2014
Pros: work at own pace
Cons: not enough raises
- Releasing timecards in Oracle
- Conducting daily meetings with the Customer.
- Performing appraisals/ evaluations.
- Making weekly schedule's for the team.
- Inventory
- Audit
Consulting
MS Project Implementation Specialist (Current Employee), Akron, OHOctober 20, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: partially benifited employee; no pomeroy employee contact; no personal support
As I work in a Consulting position, I have virtually NO contact with other Pomeroy Employees and all on-boarding was done electronically and all time-keeping is via Oracle. If I have any electronic issues, I have to report the issue first, find a solution myself, and report the resolution to Pomeroy management (HR) via e-mail.
Enjoyed the opportunity
IT Support Associate (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 16, 2014
Enjoyed the job duties, people, and management. Stressful times were there as well as relaxed.
Good Company with commitment to employees
Account admin/Servicedesk technical anaylst. (Former Employee), Worked remotely from home.October 10, 2014
My typical day at work was helping clients with technical issues they where facing with there computers and applications.

during my time with pomeroy I honed my troubleshooting skills, being able to quickly identify issue and solution an end user was having.

I also was provided the opportunity to create trouble shooting processes for the service desk. – more... Also created procedures for the account administration team.

I worked with a great team, we could always rely on each other for help if we got stuck on a particular issue. The communication and support we all offered each other was great. – less
Good
Tier 2 Tech support - Cincinnati Bell (Former Employee), Hebron, KYOctober 7, 2014
Pros: yes
Cons: no
Good place to work. Nothing to complain about, the JOB I had was ultimately outsourced. Only Cheap Cincinnati Bell was to blame for that.
Great place to work.
PC Technician (Current Employee), Brecksville, OHOctober 7, 2014
Pros: minimal supervision in most cases.
Cons: n/a
Pomeroy is an established and successful IT service provider with multiple locations both nationally and internationally.
Helpdesk Analyst - Tier II (Current Employee), Hebron, KySeptember 30, 2014
Productive and team workplace
A relaxed, welcoming, yet professional work environment .
Desktop Technician (Current Employee), Lees Summit, MOSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: flexible with schedule requirements, great co-workers and management
Cons: not as much room as i would like for advancement.
This company has treated me very well in the time I have been with it. As a contractor at other companies, I have been discriminated against as somehow inferior as an employee. But this is not the case at Pomeroy. There was a point in my employment there where not much work was available. Rather than put us out on our heads, the company kept us on and – more... found things for us to do until more opportunities arose. A typical day could include a wide variety of activities dependent upon the needs of the company. Pomeroy is managed and staffed by great people who help to advance each other professionally. It is an organic, accomplished company. – less
Company in transition
Vice President (Former Employee), Hebron, KYSeptember 29, 2014
Pomeroy working hard to transform company culture and market.
Good Company to work for
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), KYSeptember 12, 2014
Replaced old PCs With new Windows 7 Machines for a company. I worked for this company in a contract capacity.
high turn-over environment in HR
HR (Former Employee), Hebron, KYSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: lot's of employee engagement opportunities
Cons: weak, two-faced management
great co-workers
enjoyed helping employees with their questions
Insight Global Was A Great Experience
Linux/Windows Systems Engineer II (Former Employee), Mason, OhioAugust 29, 2014
I am working for Insight Global as a contract to hire for another company. IG was able to find a job perfect for my personality/qualifications quick! The staff (Tyler/Libby) were very helpful, professional, and easy to work with. I would recommend working with Insight Global either full time, or as a contractor employee. The culture is layed back, yet – more... professional, and compensation is great. – less
Their was opportunity for advancement
Help Desk Specialist/Acting Team Lead (Current Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 21, 2014
Pros: holiday lunches and free meals if there was bad weather
Cons: healthcare offer after 1 year- alot could happen in a year
The most enjoyable part was the people who were super friendly and the hardest had to be those who needed it Yesterday
IT company that needs people that like to travel extensively.
IT Technician II (Former Employee), Dunbar, WVAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great employees and benefits
Cons: extensive travel
Pomeroy is a company that is a great place to learn some of the basics of the IT industry. My days were mostly spent installing SMART boards in public schools throughout West Virginia. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of room for advancement within this company. The hardest part of the job was the amount of travel involved in the job. I would be out – more... of town for weeks at a time. The other employees were the best part of the job for me. You become close when you stay out of town together for as much time as we had to. – less
Worst Management Ever
PC Technician (Former Employee), Hershey, PAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: working for hershey medical center
Cons: being employed by incompetent people
I used to wake up every morning bright-eyed and happy heading into work, that is, until i developed a debilitating disease that first took me off work for 4 months. Upon returning, they hired a new manager (Richard Sontag) and he gutted the contract slowly and surely. Everyone knew that the laziness behind the sales team was the reason for the Hershey – more... contract not making any money, but instead, he decided that it would be better to not rock the boat and completely alienate the employees, instead of telling sales team to renegotiate the contract. I was personally fired because the manager completely disregarded two customers I had work scheduled with in the afternoon and decided I needed to attend a mandatory meeting. I was given 40 minutes notice to attend the meeting, which the focus of my duties there was supposed to be on the customers of the contract (and I won't even mention that I wasn't even the same building as the guy, so that also means travel time would've needed to be considered. Oops, looks like I mentioned it anyways.)

Now, i'm not normally one who puts consideration into conspiracy theories, but I also have no problem admitting that what happened when the customer feedback cards were introduced was called out by 3 of the 4 employees that were working there at the time. The feedback cards were ultimately used as a device that allowed a bogus reason to have a meeting with another employee. In that meeting, a plan was hatched to eliminate people and free up salary space so that they could start firing people under false pretenses and that they may lose all their benefits and the contract could further save more money (again, I feel I should mention the complete and utter laziness from Pomeroy's "sales" team by never renegotiating the contract despite that Hershey had already expanded 3 times and the workload was severely increased). I probably shouldn't also mention that the manager's bonus at the end of the year is tied in to how much he can gut and save on the contract.

Long story short, this is not a company that cherishes the employees who do not suck up to incompetent managers. Pomeroy is a company that manipulates you and if they are not able to, they will fire you with bogus claims while trying to deny you any temporary unemployment benefits while you search for a new job. If you're a newcomer to the IT field, this is one entry-level position you should definitely skip over. If you are a veteran IT personnel, again, I would recommend skipping over Pomeroy as you are already overqualified to deal with such incompetence. Basically, just skip over Pomeroy if you're any type of human being, farm animal or even an alien from outer space. – less
Top Notch !!!!
Deployment Technician (Former Employee), Hebron, KYAugust 11, 2014
Very professional, great pay, and respected within the community. Whenever I would mention that I was on a project with Pomeroy people would respond "I've always wanted to work for them" or " I got my start in IT with them".

1 2 3 4 5

About Pomeroy

Many a PC passes through the hands of Pomeroy IT Solutions. The company resells and services computers, networking equipment, – Read more